I was the guy with the phone @ MSG #2 10/8/05 - FACTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
astralzzzz said:
Hey Guys,
...If Bono is out there, and he does feel bad, I forgive him.

I'm sure Bono doesn't give a shit - no offence intended.

NOT GET OFF THAT FUCKIN PHONE WILL YER MAN!

...and if any little ladies would like to email me then my email address is desperate@lonely.com

(I'm only having a laugh - something I've found that's better to do on this forum than be soooo serious all the time)

Have you seen the amount of caring replies from the girls?

Hey, I was once spat on by Adam Clayton!
I know he didn't mean it and it was just a bit of spittle when he turned too quickly, but it ruined the concert for me and I've been depressed ever since...sniff!

Queue up girls to let me cry on your shoulders.

BonosBaby12 said:
Awww you poor thing U2mixer how did you ever manage to live through that tragedy? :giggle: . Oh and by the way pretty funny e-mail address you posted there! Good one! :lol:

BonosBaby12?

How about becoming U2mixersBaby1?

;)

Ooooooh who could resist such a tempting offer as that one? I could be the lucky one to touch the shoulder that Adam's spittle hit. Back off girls he's mine! :evil: . After all this I gotta say thanks but no thanks,lol. Have this really strong feeling my bf wouldn't approve,lol.

BonosBaby12 said:
Ooooooh who could resist such a tempting offer as that one? I could be the lucky one to touch the shoulder that Adam's spittle hit. Back off girls he's mine! :evil: . After all this I gotta say thanks but no thanks,lol. Have this really strong feeling my bf wouldn't approve,lol.

:laugh:

Aw, I'll send you Adam's spittle in the post to show no hard feelings ;)

U2mixer said:

Hey, I was once spat on by Adam Clayton!
I know he didn't mean it and it was just a bit of spittle when he turned too quickly, but it ruined the concert for me and I've been depressed ever since...sniff!

Did it land on any clothing? You could have hawked the duds on eBay. :wink:

Bonochick said:

Did it land on any clothing? You could have hawked the duds on eBay. :wink:

lol

Hey, that's a point!
I wonder if anyone would buy Adam's spittle?

If it contains his DNA then maybe I could rule the world with an army of Adambots!

Nah, they'd be too cool to enforce any laws.

I know there are companies selling Scottish Highland air (yes, I did say air) so I wonder if anyone would buy air from a U2 concert?

Essence of U2?

Imagine selling a bottle of air from the first Live Aid concert or Red Rocks?

Anyone know of anywhere that sells clear bottle?
I have a plan...

(yeh, we're totally off thread, I know, I know)

kellyahern said:

Not quite the same as Axl jumping into crowds, punching people and starting riots.

As a fun sidenote, I was at this GnR show in STL. Good times, good times. I was in the 5th row and got pushed into the 6th row in Axl went craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

I consider myself lucky to have been there. :up:

Not often do you get to see something like that firsthand.

Dulce de Leche said:

Of course we all do. And of course he's sorry. But that doesn't change how I would feel if my hero yelled that at me in front of 20K people at a concert I paid good money to attend. :shame:

You need better heroes. I can think of several. :whistle:

As for this incident - I think it was the mood and the "character" Bono gets into for certain songs. I wouldn't interpret it to anything more than that. Kind of like him yelling to stop the whistling during "Springhill Mining Disaster". He both praises and scolds - and it's part of the audience participation.

Then again, perhaps it's best if Bono does nothing - doesn't pull anyone up on ellipse any more, no dancing, and he could stand way back on the stage, sing and go home. :up: This way no one's feelings would be hurt by anything Bono might do or say.

Poor babies. :sad:

1stOne said:
Astralzzzz, write to Principle Management and demand an apology. If this is true, Bono had no right to humiliate you in front of thousands of people. It certainly seems to have upset quite a few fans on this board. I am so sorry for you.

u2wedge said:
Is there any way we can get a sign made for someone to hold up tonight referencing this and maybe we could get a reaction?

"Bono, don't break my cell phone.' might do the trick.

Anyone have anyone in line we could call?

Are you both serious ?

I’m sure that if Bono knew about this commotion, he’d give Christopher a huge and honest hug for an hour, and 'd sing an a cappella version of with or without you for him and his little child … Bono’s a very (short, but) good guy, you know …

Much to do about … ??

doctorwho said:

Then again, perhaps it's best if Bono does nothing - doesn't pull anyone up on ellipse any more, no dancing, and he could stand way back on the stage, sing and go home. :up: This way no one's feelings would be hurt by anything Bono might do or say.

or perhaps it would be best if he did those things and refrained from bitching out the fans that spent good money to see him, whether its part of his "character" or not.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

As a fun sidenote, I was at this GnR show in STL. Good times, good times. I was in the 5th row and got pushed into the 6th row in Axl went craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

I consider myself lucky to have been there. :up:

Not often do you get to see something like that firsthand.

Was that the same one where there was a riot and the Metallica guy got burned by the pyrotechnics, or was that another show?

kellyahern said:

I also think it would be awesome if Bono yelled at Chizip at a concert :wink:

LOL that would be cool especially cause chizip would probably be jumping of joy which would piss bono off even more...

BTW does anybody know if the apologie was a general one or really directed to chris ...(and then im gonna stop commenting on this cause im beginning to see the fun in this all.....l)

kellyahern said:
I also think it would be awesome if Bono yelled at Chizip at a concert :wink:

:yes:

Can't you just see it. Chizip holds up a "play Dirty Day sign" during Bullet the Blue Sky and Bono goes off on him "could you shut the fuck up already with the playing Dirty Day shit" as he lunges forward with the mike stand.

Now that would be something. :lol:

Last edited:
this thread is turning into a very funny one

Mmm maybe it would have been best if the phone had hit chris in the face. It would have hurt for a moment but i remember a similar thing with russel crowe would earn the "victim" about 7.5 million dollars or so :hmm:

ramblin rose said:

Can't you just see it. Chizip holds up a "play Dirty Day sign" during Bullet the Blue Sky and Bono goes off on him "could shut the fuck up already with the playing Dirty Day shit" as he lunges forward with the mike stand.

Now that would be something. :lol:

And then Chizip would yell back, "No, play Dirty Day you bastard!"

and then of course, there would be a rumble . . . or a dance off :shifty: :wink:

kellyahern said:

And then Chizip would yell back, "No, play Dirty Day you bastard!"

and then of course, there would be a rumble . . . or a dance off :shifty: :wink:

and u2bonogirl would come on stage to calm the things down and offer a chokie to Bono :hyper:

Last edited:
zooholland said:
this thread is turning into a very funny one

Mmm maybe it would have been best if the phone had hit chris in the face. It would have hurt for a moment but i remember a similar thing with russel crowe would earn the "victim" about 7.5 million dollars or so :hmm:

Possible newspaper headlines...

Phones 4 U2

Dirty Call turned into my own Dirty Day

Bono still hasn't found what he called for

Hawkmoon 07986 354687

Next single -

One Step Closer (and I'll rip that fuckin phone from your ear)

One time Barbara Bush scolded me in church when I was like 10, because I was whispering and pointing at her and George Bush, who were sitting in the pew behind us. Good times...

Man I wish Bono would yell at me in concert.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom