I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonosstagegirl said:
Here are some of the pictures of me with Bono.

You look amazing "skinny girl" (quoting Bono here!). You are beautiful, just like Bono told you. You deserved that moment!!

Now I just need to come up with some scheme to get bono's attention at the next show I'm going to. Maybe mine will be " Bono, I gained 25lbs to dance next to you and make YOU look skinny!" Do you think that will fly? :wink:

thankyou said:

You look amazing "skinny girl" (quoting Bono here!). You are beautiful, just like Bono told you. You deserved that moment!!

Now I just need to come up with some scheme to get bono's attention at the next show I'm going to. Maybe mine will be " Bono, I gained 25lbs to dance next to you and make YOU look skinny!" Do you think that will fly? :wink:

What show are you going to next? You never know that sign could work. I NEVER thought my sign would work, but I just gave it a shot and it worked. Thanks so much for the compliments. I have never thought of myself as beautiful, so that was really nice to hear. I wanted to post these pictures larger, but I have to get someone with photo shop to shrink them from the very large size that they are on my computer. I wish I had more pictures, but I am working on it.

Bonosstagegirl said:

What show are you going to next? You never know that sign could work. I NEVER thought my sign would work, but I just gave it a shot and it worked. Thanks so much for the compliments. I have never thought of myself as beautiful, so that was really nice to hear. I wanted to post these pictures larger, but I have to get someone with photo shop to shrink them from the very large size that they are on my computer. I wish I had more pictures, but I am working on it.

I'm heading for the Omaha show, not until dec. 15th. I just got a ticket!!! I think I'm fainting with joy here. :faint: It's only my second one!
Actually, I was sort of kidding about the sign, I wouldn't want the Bonoman to think that he needs to look skinnier. He's just perfect to me. And so nice!!! :drool:

Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Shade said:
So, wait - you lost weight specifically so that you could dance with Bono? Not for your health, or anything like that - just for Bono?

Does it really matter what the motivation is (within reason)? Getting to be on stage with Bono is EXACTLY what moved me to lose weight this year. I've only lost 15 pounds so far and have a way to go yet before my ultimate goal, but I see nothing wrong with that being the catalyst to get me or anyone else going.

How's it any different than a man or woman wanting to lose 20 pounds before a high school reunion???? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
thankyou said:

I'm heading for the Omaha show, not until dec. 15th. I just got a ticket!!! I think I'm fainting with joy here. :faint: It's only my second one!
Actually, I was sort of kidding about the sign, I wouldn't want the Bonoman to think that he needs to look skinnier. He's just perfect to me. And so nice!!! :drool:

That is so cool that you are going to Omaha. I am too. I just scored my GA tickets on ebay this weekend. That is only going to be your second U2 show ever? Do you have a GA ticket? I hope you do or you have at least been able to experience the show from the main floor. IT IS AMAZING!

Re: Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

BluRmGrl said:

Does it really matter what the motivation is (within reason)? Getting to be on stage with Bono is EXACTLY what moved me to lose weight this year. I've only lost 15 pounds so far and have a way to go yet before my ultimate goal, but I see nothing wrong with that being the catalyst to get me or anyone else going.

How's it any different than a man or woman wanting to lose 20 pounds before a high school reunion???? :eyebrow:

Well said!

Were you on stage with Bono this year as well? Congratulations on losing 15lbs. Losing weight is very hard, but always be proud of your accomplishments no matter how big or small they are.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Bonosstagegirl said:
Well said!

Were you on stage with Bono this year as well? Congratulations on losing 15lbs. Losing weight is very hard, but always be proud of your accomplishments no matter how big or small they are.

I've not gotten my chance yet. :D I see them in NY on the 21st, but have seats in the 200 section - no chance of getting onstage from there! :lol:

I'm betting all my chips on the 12/12 Charlotte show that I have GA tix for... I'm only going to get one chance, so I'm doing my best to make it happen! :yes:

(And thank you for your kind words - losing weight IS hard for lots of people & we should celebrate every goal met. Which, in my case, is each 5 lbs that I lose. Guess I owe myself 3 pats on the back, huh? :giggle: )

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

BluRmGrl said:

I've not gotten my chance yet. :D I see them in NY on the 21st, but have seats in the 200 section - no chance of getting onstage from there! :lol:

I'm betting all my chips on the 12/12 Charlotte show that I have GA tix for... I'm only going to get one chance, so I'm doing my best to make it happen! :yes:

(And thank you for your kind words - losing weight IS hard for lots of people & we should celebrate every goal met. Which, in my case, is each 5 lbs that I lose. Guess I owe myself 3 pats on the back, huh? :giggle: )

You deserve more than just three pats on the back. It is worth alot more than that. You will see once you reach your goal.

bonosstagegirl.gif

so i hear your having problems getting your hands on the u2 rocks the midwest DVD so here are a few pictures taken from it

they are kind of dark since the camera was set for full lighting and the start of elevation is quite dark

could someone please send this girl the u2 rocks the midwest DVD

thanks

hi, i was in minneapolis too, and a big congrats :)

i didn't actually take these...either eep or arw9797 did, but i don't think they'll mind if i post them...we were standing across the way from you when the band came in.

3454647523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C5%3A%3A4559ot1lsi

3454647523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E8%3A7%3E6%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C%3B69%3B554%3Bnu0mrj

3454647523232%7Ffp43%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C5%3A%3A4683ot1lsi

enjoy!

Stories for Boys said:
hi, i was in minneapolis too, and a big congrats :)

i didn't actually take these...either eep or arw9797 did, but i don't think they'll mind if i post them...we were standing across the way from you when the band came in.

3454647523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C5%3A%3A4559ot1lsi

3454647523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E8%3A7%3E6%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C%3B69%3B554%3Bnu0mrj

3454647523232%7Ffp43%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B%3C5%3A%3A4683ot1lsi

enjoy!

These are great thank you. Someone contacted the local radio station that interviewed me the following week after the concert and she sent me some pictures and she took one of Bono signing my shirt. I swear that day was the best day of my life hands down. The picture that someone posted of me on stage dancing with Bono was the picture that made the front page of the paper the next day and I am hoping that in Omaha I can get it autographed. :wink:

u2rulesmyworld said:

could someone please send this girl the u2 rocks the midwest DVD

thanks

I'd be happy to send a copy.

Bonosstagegirl, my e-mail is kel4876@aol.com. If you send me your address, I can probably get it in the mail next week after the Miami and Tampa shows :).

Congratulations, both on the dance and losing the weight. I've struggled with my weight for a long time, so I know that's quite an accomplishment :bow:.

oh geez i have video of the meet and great in minneapolis that would show you, i was standing near where those pictures were taken and shot video of the boys, including Bono and Edge signing my arm lol

u2 rocks the midwest was uploaded on u2torrents.com or thetradersden.org, i cant remember which lol

u2rulesmyworld said:
oh geez i have video of the meet and great in minneapolis that would show you, i was standing near where those pictures were taken and shot video of the boys, including Bono and Edge signing my arm lol

u2 rocks the midwest was uploaded on u2torrents.com or thetradersden.org, i cant remember which lol

If you ever burn a copy of them signing our autographs please let me know, because I would love a copy.

Re: Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

BluRmGrl said:

Me too. 42 since April. I am trying to get to Cleveland but don't have tix yet though. To be honest I would be happy to get into the front row inside or outside of the elipse and just catch any one of thier eyes for a moment, I don't need to get onstage. :)

Bonosstagegirl said:

That is so cool that you are going to Omaha. I am too. I just scored my GA tickets on ebay this weekend. That is only going to be your second U2 show ever? Do you have a GA ticket? I hope you do or you have at least been able to experience the show from the main floor. IT IS AMAZING!

I actually have a seat ticket. I'm pretty psyched because it's a better one than the show in minneapolis! Section 126. Row 12.
But NOTHING compares to being right in the front in the GA section! :rockon: It would be amazing like you write. I'll be looking for you. Shouldn't be too hard with your blond hair. Maybe I'll spot you in the line even? What time do you plan on lining up? We'll probably be freezing our butts off by then!! I figure the ride will be about 5/6 hrs, and depending on the weather and road conditions then, it might be unpredictable to figure out when I'll get there. Are you going with a group?

kellyahern said:

Bonosstagegirl, my e-mail is kel4876@aol.com. If you send me your address, I can probably get it in the mail next week after the Miami and Tampa shows :).

Congratulations, both on the dance and losing the weight. I've struggled with my weight for a long time, so I know that's quite an accomplishment :bow:.

Hi kelly, sorry if i'm being a pest. is this dvd something made by you? or is it available elsewhere? where could i get a hold of it? I'm interested in it since I was at the minneapolis show.

thankyou said:

I actually have a seat ticket. I'm pretty psyched because it's a better one than the show in minneapolis! Section 126. Row 12.
But NOTHING compares to being right in the front in the GA section! :rockon: It would be amazing like you write. I'll be looking for you. Shouldn't be too hard with your blond hair. Maybe I'll spot you in the line even? What time do you plan on lining up? We'll probably be freezing our butts off by then!! I figure the ride will be about 5/6 hrs, and depending on the weather and road conditions then, it might be unpredictable to figure out when I'll get there. Are you going with a group?

Well it takes about 6.5-7 hours to get there from the Twin Cities. We will probably go down Wednesday evening sometime after work. We got in line in Mpls at 2AM, but I don't think we will get in line that early, because it will be a lot colder then. I might be going with a four people. Two of the gals I met at the Mpls show, but didn't connect with them until they contacted the local radio station that interviewed me to say that they had pictures of me on stage with Bono and then they got her in contact with me. We will probably end up life long friends, because of our love for U2. I am hoping they will be able to join us otherwise it will just be a friend of mine and myself. Definately keep in touch with me and if you see me in line come and talk to me. It is always great meeting other die hard U2 fans since most people are not as much of a U2 freak as myself.

kellyahern said:

I can't thank you enough for sending me a copy. I am dying to see what it looks like. I have a few pictures, but it is much different seeing the whole thing with your own eyes.

@Bonosstagegirl

would you mind emailing me, i couldn't find your address anywhere.

i've put the video of you on stage (from the dvd) on my site www.u2-stage-experiences.com and i'd love to have more pictures from you..

anyway, send me an email please :wink:

junedreaming84@gmx.de

thankyou said:

Hi kelly, sorry if i'm being a pest. is this dvd something made by you? or is it available elsewhere? where could i get a hold of it? I'm interested in it since I was at the minneapolis show.

Sorry, I didn't see this message :reject:

No, I didn't make it. I think u2rulesmyworld did :). It should be on u2torrents or thetradersden

I'm a little late to this party but way to go Bonosstagegirl!! :applaud:

Losing weight is such a hard thing to do and kudos to you for doing it. I can't think of any better motivation than to dance with Bono. I'm so happy for you that you got your dream to come true. It must have been a very magical night. You look great in all of the pictures.

I was at the Minneapolis Concert and remember you and have a photo or two. I don't remember if posted them on U2tours.com or not under the name Adamgirl. I also saw you the other night in Omaha and saw Bono talking to you. Congrats!!!!

Back
Top Bottom