Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
I have some great photos from last night, will post them soon. I know you will all be shocked to hear that Miroslava was on stage.
Keeping in mind that This was just my 3rd show of the tour, I think it was probably one of the better ones. You could tell right from the start that Bono was "on" and it was gonna be memorable.

It was a great night. We were in section 120, which was a good view I must say. I sang every song ... I couldn't even sing in church today. :D

It was my first U2 show ... I will never forget it as long as I live. I was almost brought to tears. It's an experience I'll never forget.

20.jpg

(Not sure I'm doing this right, TESTING...)

OK - it's good! This is the little girl he pulled on stage, they were standing right behind us. Actully there were 2 sisters but he only took 1 of them. It was great. He had her singing "NO MORE! NO MORE!" Then he said, "it would probably work better without your gum", and he held out his hand as you see here, and she stuck her gum in it. Hilarious! Then when they were done, he gave her back the gum. Its probably for sale on Ebay today (just kidding). To her credit, she did not put it in her mouth again.

And this is her dad, right behind us...

18.jpg

Last edited:
MyTentBuddies.jpg

These are my tent buddies...left to right...if I get names wrong I apologize but I am brain dead...Kelly, who is the niece of (right next to her in green coat) Julie (known here as Scarletwine), Laura (DeweyLovesU2 or something similar, sorry Laura), Astrid (Atomic Bono) and her very cool friend with the crazy Vertigo shirt whose name escapes me at this moment, sorry guys.)

EdWaiting.jpg

My husband and former U2 virgin, Ed, who got scanned in at his first concert! Ed was the most popular guy in line when he showed up with his big propane heater. Funny how everyone just gravitated towards him, must be his great personality.

IMG_0239.jpg

And this is my back side which touched the heater as I was backing out of the tent. Hey, I was looking for an excuse to buy a new coat! The curly haired girl was a U2 virgin from Cincinnati, all 3 in her group ALL GOT SCANNED IN (VERTIGO! VERTIGO! VERTIGO!) and were next to me for the concert. Way to go, guys!

Last edited:
OK I hope you aren't mad at me Miroslava, but inquiring minds want to know. I am only posting a couple of these. Im sure someone with better pictures from the other side will post them.

50.jpg

54.jpg

I probably have 50 more pictures but I wont bore you with all of them. Bono 212 and her mom were in line a few ahead of us. About 5 minutes before they started letting us in, her mom passed out cold (twice!) They ended up taking her inside on a stretcher, I have no idea what happened to them after that but it was very upsetting to those of us around them. Not to mention the fact that they had been in line since about 5AM, and then even if they DID finally get in, probably had really crappy floor positions. But I doubt that her mom was able to stand in GA for all that time.

Last edited:
Glad Miroslava got on stage again. It was a great show! Thanks for the ticket Miroslava! I love to hear Original of the Species. When I hear that song, it reminds me of my daughter, who wanted to come, but coudn't. See you in Portland!

Thanks for the pics Beverly! I have a few as well, but I didn't take any when Miroslava was up there. I think I went brain dead :huh:

I saw you guys in line, but I was too shy to say anything! lol

You should have said hi! We don't bite (except idf your Bono).

Beverly congrats on the ellipse. We had so much fun with you guys yesterday. I'm glad Heater Man enjoyed the show. We knew he was a closet fan all along.

Miro was amazing. Bono kept talking and waving to her all night.

Laurie - great time by all! eh.
edited to add
Party Girl Man was right behind us.

Thanks for the pics, it really was an amazing show. The little girl was so cute it was priceless! By far the most warm concert I have ever been to. Bono really knows how to connect with the audience and he did seem "on" with his performance and with the improvised words. Although I kind of missed what he said when he was poking fun at Larry.

Showmanship does not lack at a U2 concert!

Ultraviolette WHY DIDNT YOU COME OVER ! ! ! ! ! Hey Scarlet I really dont even want to tell you this, but...both Ed and I got scanned in. We were looking everywhere for you & Kelly, and Astrid and her friend, but you guys were already gone. We could have all gotten in. Ok gonna share another picture...

Edge hiding behind the mike stand...

4.jpg

The Silver Fox:
8.jpg

I love you Bono!
5.jpg

BY THE WAY... just before B left the stage during 40, you know how he does the fist on his heart and then out at the crowd? He did it right in front of me, and I did it back to HIM and he gave me a big smile. I know its not a dance on the stage, but still... Julie did you find him at the Ritz? Oh and Ed got a pick from Dallas. It says U2 and the vertigo symbol on it. All in all a very cool night!

Very surprised at how many Interferencers were there, we rock!

ETS is a huge winner...a LOT of people with tickets from them got scanned in. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for tickets.

Last edited:
awesome show... i met gavin in the elipse! and i loved how adam kissed bono full out on the lips

Beverly

I agree 100% I cannot believe how good ETS was.

My two teenage children were not technically suppose to ride the shuttle to and from the arena but Robin let them because they were with me.

Robin gave my daughter a large professional picture of Bono and I think he was trying to even get them two GA tickets in exchange for their two reserve tickets in section 217 ( behind the stage ) but no dice.

They loved it. Their first concert ever in their life and my first U2 concert of all time since loving them. ( 1987 )

Vincent

Beverly, thanks for only posting a sample :reject: Wish I would have have had more time to talk to you... well, let me rephrase, time I probably had, but the weather was just not all that adecuate for visiting :D

Hi Nurse Chrissy & Kelly :wave: And thanks! :hug: :reject:

The Adam communication was a 4 part message from 4 of the 5 girls in my group since Beth is very much a Bono girl.

Adam, if you only knew

about the crazy things we do

we wore thermal underwear

just to be with you...

:lol:

BEVERLY56 said:
I have some great photos from last night, will post them soon. I know you will all be shocked to hear that Miroslava was on stage.
Keeping in mind that This was just my 3rd show of the tour, I think it was probably one of the better ones. You could tell right from the start that Bono was "on" and it was gonna be memorable.

Hah! Looking at your pictures..you were right next to me! And right behind me in line! I had black frame glasses and a gray shirt that said "The Adam Clayton Band" on. And a pink coat.

Anyway-awesome show. It was my 5th and I think it was my favorite. They all seemed in such good spirirts( a larry smile? how often do we get that privilege?), the setlist was great, I had an amazing spot..whats not to love?

nurse chrissi said:

:lol:

and the response?

Lots of frowny smiles and lovin' through out the night...

We also had the conclusion to the Adam dancing girl campaign April and I started...

Adam, the four of us are here

and we're ready to become

your first dancing chicks.

Just name the song!

Thank god Bono didn't see the signs :reject:

Back
Top Bottom