Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BEVERLY56 said:
his hand was up on her back...then it started moving down...down...then he was on his knees... I was waiting for them to start rolling around on the floor like he did that one time with that other girl... It was HOT.

Ok, so I didn't imagine the back scratch :crack:

bfloxng said:

And...for those of you who though it was Miro on stage, it really wasn't. She's trying to spoil my moment. We agreed before the show that I would dress in drag, doing my best to look just like Miro, in an effort to get me up onstage and fool Bono.

And it worked!

It was sooooo awesome running my fingers through Bono's hair.
:drool:

:lmao:

I know what you mean about offers through hotels, airlines, etc. and I am very careful with what I redeem (and I also know all about the stipulations as I work in the travel industry). I got my package about 3 months ago, so it was far from last minute. Supposedly it was an offer for platinum members only and it included the tickets, hotel, and the party and shuttle, all for only 350,000 points, which is a lot unfortunately, but I figured U2 is really worth it. I knew I wasn't going to use the hotel, as I'm very picky on hotels and didn't like the one they were using, so I wasted that and I didn't stay for the party as I have a friend in Cleveland, so him and I went out to dinner instead, thus I didn't need the shuttle either. As for how much Holiday Inn paid for the package I have no idea. I tried to speak with them today about it, but they basically washed their hands of it and said it is up to ETS to get the package together, etc. I had spoken with someone at ETS a few weeks ago inquiring about where the seats were at. They couldn't give me a definite answer but they thought section 125, which looked awesome. What I got was 123, all the way over (the furthest from the middle), so I was really cut off from a lot. My friend had tickets and I am so thankful he didn't sell his to go with me, I would have felt pretty bad, as at least he could see the entire stage, where I couldn't. I didn't even realize how much I missed until I watched the Vertigo DVD tonight, so I'm even more bummed now. But there's not much I can do about it, except go to another concert sometime (and at this point I think I'll go anywhere!!!) I'm not putting ETS down, I just wanted everyone to know my experience, all the materials actually came from them, so that's why my complaint is with them, they were the ones being represented. Oh well, there's always next time!

oh my god, those are some AMAZING pictures. did everyone on interference get into the ellipse?

okay, i didn't. maybe that means i don't post enough.

miroslava, you were AWESOME up there. i think he should have let you keep the hat.

question - does anyone know what was going on at the beginning of "elevation?" was bono talking to someone in the crowd at first, saying something about pointing, and then it turned into a weird dance improv?

i want details. :)

Thanks alex :) It was nice seeing you in Cleveland!

I am not exactly sure what happened. Bono was on the high end of the ramp on Edge's side and I *think* someone from the audience was doing the finger dance/wave and Bono said something like don't you know that is a dance move and he kept doing it. Then he turned around, went back to the main stage and started doing the other dances! :lmao:

:heart:

OK, I tried loading these in the photo page for Cleveland and didn't go, I'll try here. If anyone wants any of these with full resolution, let me know - Dave

Attachments

• 12-11-05 (1).jpg
    12-11-05 (1).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
This is the proper place to post them anyway...

And not sure what you're talking about, that picture is beautiful :D

I have never done attachments. Only premium members can see them anyway. Why dont you do what I do and just upload to www.tinypic.com

Then just grab the URL at the bottom that looks like this [img ] link [/img] and paste here. You can then do multiple pictures per post :D

I found this over at u2 tours :cute:
9460-6.jpg

I'm going to post my photos when I finally get them developed (yay 35mm ) But I had a FANTASTIC time!!!

This was my FIRST EVER U2 show. I took my sister along. We had GA tickets. She scanned hers first and it said 'proceed to floor' then mine was scanned and it kind of hesitated and the screen for the elipse came up. I was so happy. We we kinda near the bottom of the elipse. I'm not going to tell every little detail, but I will say that the couple next to us got engaged during the show. I think the guy proposed during Miss Sarajevo.

Aw, I would love for that to happen to me!

p.s.

U2 rocks my socks!

Thanks for the pictures JD... even the rear view ones :barf:

Glad you had a blast Lemon3... they rock my socks off too! :love: Big newsflash, I know. :wink:

Miroslava said:
Thanks for the pictures JD... even the rear view ones :barf:

Glad you had a blast Lemon3... they rock my socks off too! :love: Big newsflash, I know. :wink:

you know - you flirt with Adam for how many shows and then dance with Bono right in front of him:tsk:

:wink:

Well, if Adam would just stop being scared of Bono and pull his own girls! :tsk:

I actually did have the presence of mind to look over at Adam over Bono's shoulder while I played with his hair... I gave him a neener neener look I think :lol:

:reject:

I think I waved goodbye to him too right before I got hauled by John... man that dude is strong :crack: I thanked him as soon as I got my bearings and told him "you must be really strong cause I am a solid mofo"

John:

:ohmy:

:lol:

nurse chrissi said:

you know - you flirt with Adam for how many shows and then dance with Bono right in front of him:tsk:

Ummm, I wouldn't call what she was doing "dancing." I had to cover my son's eyes! ;)

Miroslava said:

I think I waved goodbye to him too right before I got hauled by John... man that dude is strong :crack: I thanked him as soon as I got my bearings and told him "you must be really strong cause I am a solid mofo"

John:

:ohmy:

:lol:

excellent way to work Mofo into a conversation :up:

too damn funny

jd45177 said:

Ummm, I wouldn't call what she was doing "dancing." I had to cover my son's eyes! ;)

:madwife:

Unless I am remembering things wrong, I wasn't doing anything pervy, was I? :eek:

I mean you're supposed to lay his head on his shoulder :shrug: The other choice would have been for him to lay his head on my upper chest cause of my height, so out of the two, the less pervy one was the path chosen...

And well, then he slid down but not like I had anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Thanks alex :) It was nice seeing you in Cleveland!

yeah! i wish i'd taken the time to talk to more people, but it was so cold and exhausting out there. very difficult to be social. :(

I am not exactly sure what happened. Bono was on the high end of the ramp on Edge's side and I *think* someone from the audience was doing the finger dance/wave and Bono said something like don't you know that is a dance move and he kept doing it. Then he turned around, went back to the main stage and started doing the other dances! :lmao:

:heart:

yeah... that's what i think happened, too.

i was on the direct opposite side of the ellipse from where bono was standing during that. i might have also been the only person doing the finger dance/wave at the time.

i wasn't even thinking about it. i just sort of pointed at him during one of the verses. and he said something about pointing, so i did it again. and then he, like, flirted at me from across the entire ellipse and went into this huge improv and maybe he was talking to somebody else, but i can't help but wonder. he was clearly looking across, not down.

i need media of this. it was entirely surreal.

I was teasing. Like my wife said..."You're just jealous it wasn't you." I've always said the only thing I would ever want from Bono is a hug, that man means so much to me.

Miroslava said:

:madwife:

Unless I am remembering things wrong, I wasn't doing anything pervy, was I? :eek:

I mean you're supposed to lay his head on his shoulder :shrug: The other choice would have been for him to lay his head on my upper chest cause of my height, so out of the two, the less pervy one was the path chosen...

And well, then he slid down but not like I had anything to do with it.

on the screens it looked like you were squishing his face at first. but i think you were just stroking it? and then there was the playing with the hair bit.

it was a pretty amazing bit of show. i might have spazzed a little. okay, a lot.

jd45177 said:
I was teasing. Like my wife said..."You're just jealous it wasn't you." I've always said the only thing I would ever want from Bono is a hug, that man means so much to me.

Fanboys :love:

Miroslava said:
I was stroking the fuzz :shifty:

was it fuzzy fuzz?

oh, and then there was the point where it looked like he was going to put his hand on your ass. it kept moving down your back, and down, and down, and then it stopped.

the man is insane. brilliant, but insane.

Back
Top Bottom