Boy with Bono Seattle 4/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was awesome man! So stoked for your son! My wife and I were there, and we were really impressed that he knew the words!

EPandAmerica said:
What an amazing story! Congratulations Jason!!

Yup...You should've seen/heard the crowd! They were going nuts for the kid...Especially given that he knew all the words!

I was at that Seattle show and it was so awesome. So moving. I thought he might've been one of Mr. Microsoft's kids which would've made it too political for me so I'm glad to hear this.

I was wondering how long he's been a U2 fan. I saw him singing along with Bono which really added to the emotional aspect of it. Everyone around me just gasped when he pulled him up there. How did he manage to choose him, btw? Was he just close to the stage or was it prearranged or what?

PublicNewSense said:
I was at that Seattle show and it was so awesome. So moving. I thought he might've been one of Mr. Microsoft's kids which would've made it too political for me so I'm glad to hear this.

I was wondering how long he's been a U2 fan. I saw him singing along with Bono which really added to the emotional aspect of it. Everyone around me just gasped when he pulled him up there. How did he manage to choose him, btw? Was he just close to the stage or was it prearranged or what?

No, not pre-arranged at all. We've been to 4 vertigo shows thusfar (Jason to 2) but this was our first time in the ellipse. I was in the heart 5 or 6 times on Elevation. He has been a fan since that tour, but he didn't get to go then. We kind of staked out that spot since Bono always seems to spend time there (and its at the back where there is more room for kids) - the stage also comes closest to the interior space there. I was holding him up so he could see, and before the song when Bono walked by I yelled out "Bono, we love our sons". During the song he came by and paused, and started singing right to him, then just reached out his hand and asked him to come up. We all joked earlier about what Jason should do if he gets pulled up. Now we have to get his 8 yr old sister up when we see them in the fall....

Back
Top Bottom