Bono held my son's hand in Mpls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chipboy

Babyface
My son was the luckiest kid on the planet on Friday night at Target Center and got to hold Bono's hand.

The concert review in the paper even mentioned it: "During "Beautiful Day," a parent in front of the stage held up a young boy and, as Bono sang, he held the boy's left hand and the kid's right index finger pointed at Bono, bouncing perfectly to the beat, as if to say "you da man."

Did anyone happen to get a photo of it because I would love to get it framed for his wall. I contacted the paper but haven't heard back from them yet.

what a great photo! how old is your son? he's adorable...I'm trying to get my 9 yr old guy to want to come to a show with me, but he's too big for me to hold and he's not happy about high volume. His sister, who's 5, would probably be more into it, but she might cry if they didn't play mysterious ways.
cheers!

He's 10 but we started taking him to concerts at about 6. He loves going and has had some amazing things happen. He met Jakob Dylan after a Wallflowers concert, he had Bruce Springsteen put the mic in his face to sing "Are you ready?" during "Mary's Place" at Vote For Change, and now this.

He is still on cloud nine after the experience. It's funny how he even got there in the first place. I tried to get tickets the minute they went on sale through ticketmaster but got nothing and gave up a half hour after they went on sale. 5 hours later my son was still plugging away typing in passwords every so often to see if anything popped up. Sure enough at about 3:30pm he miraculously pulls floors. Then my wife pulled him out of school early on Friday so they could wait on the GA line hoping for a Vertigo. Unfortunatley neither of their tickets were lucky and they were headed for the regular GA line when fortune shined on them again as a Target Center employee moved then over to the elipse line. Once in the elipse the fans were very nice to them and let him get up close so he could see and some college kids picked him up for his big moment. Some things are just meant to be.

Wow chipboy - great story :applaud: I want to take my 11 year old daughter, but I'm afraid of GA for her. You're very lucky that someone moved you to the ellipse line. I would hope for that, but not count on it... Thus part of the reason I don't have tix yet.... :hmm:

longingforBono said:
I have one but it's not a zoom unfortunately.

My husband thought the part with your son was one of the best moments of the night by the way.

Cool little kiddo!

The photo on that website was from far away too. The girl who posted it sent me the original and she cropped it before posting it. Maybe your photo will look good once it is enlarged. Would you email it to me? glmmn@msn.com

My son said two things to me when he came home. "Dad I held Bono's hand and they played Crumbs!"

chipboy said:

The photo on that website was from far away too. The girl who posted it sent me the original and she cropped it before posting it. Maybe your photo will look good once it is enlarged. Would you email it to me? glmmn@msn.com

My son said two things to me when he came home. "Dad I held Bono's hand and they played Crumbs!"

As soon as I upload it I will be happy to!

And as for his comments, quite the little convert you have there. He needs to get together with my kids and go bowling I think! My soon to be 5 year old had his own CD of his favorite U2 songs. He sings Kite to himself in the car.
Kids ROCK!

Last edited:
just in case............

That moment with your little boy was sweeeet! You lucky devil!! But like any true U2 fan, you can never be envious about those "awesome moments" you get to have with the band. You wish it for everybody.

I went to the U2 concert for the first time ever (waited for this 15 years!) here in minneapolis. What a high! I was wondering, when Bono sang the song Miracle Drug and dedicated it to nurses and doctors (I'm a nurse by the way) I hung a sign that said, "Nurses love U2" Did you see it by any chance? I know that Bono looked right at it during the song, but I have no idea of how clearly he was able to see it from the stage, so I just want some feedback from you, or ANYBODY, that the sign was visible from the stage, or close to that area. Anyone let me know? Would make this little heart of mine sing!!

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away..........." Thanks you guys, for any replies.

My kids U@ experience

I took my 10 yr old son to Tor 2 and had a great time. This was my 14th show and it was incredible to share a U2 experience with him. We had GA tickets and were let into the elipse without our tickets being scanned. Everyone was great and all he keeps taking about was how cool everyone was. I want to thank the U2 family for making it a beautiful day.

Back
Top Bottom