Bono and Gabrielvox @ The Ritz in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2BROTHR

Mirror Ball Man 2.0
What a nice friend I am.....well....myself and other U2_GTAers from Toronto waited outside The Ritz hotel to meet the boys before they left for their show. Sure I met Bono for the second time ...but I took pictures of the B-man talking to Gabe....instead of someone taking MY picture with him. Regardless, I'm still a happy camper. Best of all....he remembered me from Toronto 1 in September.

Bono: Where are these pictures from
Me: Toronto....I took them when you played Toronto
Gabe: Toronto LOVES U2
Bono: The feeling is very mutual
Gabe: Sing it Mark
Me: (singing) Little brotha....don't you worry 'bout a thing today.....take the heat from the sun (lyrics from AMAAW)
Bono: Hey I remember you.....(takes my picture and signs it and writes the word sun...while looking at me and smiling)

Here are the pictures....I'm still working on the Cleveland portion of my site.

00061_00485_20051210_190738_5426_1441B3_md.jpg

Bono's hand on my sharpie..........:D Not an X-rated picture...notice the apple in the other hand. Rumor was he was at the gym inside the Ritz.
00061_00485_20051210_190750_5428_49AE3C_md.jpg

00061_00485_20051210_190830_5433_E10AE6_md.jpg

00061_00485_20051210_190835_5434_68CA17_md.jpg

If you look closely...you can see Bono drawing a picture of Gabe tucked in behind Larry.....5th member?
00061_00485_20051210_190844_5436_BA8282_md.jpg

00061_00485_20051210_190940_5439_CE9A05_md.jpg

Oh yeah...and here's Edge before Bono came out..

00061_00485_20051210_185452_5422_E02560_md.jpg

00061_00485_20051210_185506_5424_DC0F9A_md.jpg

Last edited:
Cutey smiling Edge!!!!
My sister and I had discussed going to the Ritz with some other ladies we were standing with on the floor, but after the show there was NO WAY we could have done it. The exhaustion from being outside all day and then standing for 8 hours was just too much. But I'm so happy for you that you met up!

Awwwwwwwwww I love these! Bono looks so cute in the scarf too! Maybe not cute, ok maybe suave....is that the appropriate word? But very cool story Gabe.....ummm I mean 5th member! :wink:

these are awesome pics! my husband and i waited outside the Q before the show and were lucky enough to get to see Bono and The Edge.We got autographs, AWESOME pictures,and to top it all off Bono called me SWEETHEART!!!
if i ever get the time to do it,i will post a few of the pictures.

Mark is the best friend ever...he's got the sequence of convo a bit jumbled but it's all good - I can't believe this conversation took place and I finally got a picture meeting Bono and an autograph...all tour, nothing, until my very last show...

And Bono is a great guy....all I said is 'Hey man thanks for Detroit' and he looked up and said 'ah - you again!'

Asked me 'whats your name mate?', looking straight at me

EDIT I FORGOT - I said "Gabriel" and he said "beautiful name, Gabriel" (duh how could I forget that..)

Then we talked a bit about me getting back onstage to do a song....he asked me what I played, to which I replied 'well I sing mostly but I do play acoustic on some songs'

so all the while he's signing the inside gatefold of my Joshua Tree album, I'm not really paying attention to what he's drawing..

Then he asked me 'well what do you play'

My brain froze a bit until someone behind me said 'he means what song Gabe' - DUH

So I said 'well most anything really, we could do Wild Horses or Party Girl - tonite is my last show of the tour, we should do this'

He said 'you know, that's not a bad idea'

and then he moved on

that's when he asked Mel where she was from, she said Toronto, and he said 'wow there's alot of you from Toronto here'

to which I said 'yeah Toronto LOVES U2'

and Bono looks back at me right in the eye and says 'let me tell you, the feeling is mutual'

when I opened up my JT album, I saw that he had written:

"Angel...Gabriel...(signed Bono)"

and drawn a caricature of me standing beside Larry with my arm on Larry's shoulder

he didnt deface the images of them at all like Ive seen him do to those he percieves are e-bayers

and not only 5 minutes early, Edge had signed his image on the same cover too...again, right in the spot I had hoped he would..

one day I'll figure out how to scan the whole thing...

what a moment!

:D

Last edited:
Hey Gabriel, congrats, you finally got to meet the man! :) How nice. I would love to see a scan of your JT album and Bono´s drawing.

Btw, remember me? The girl who sang So Cruel at the In To the Heart open jam last Sept :). I´m now eagerly waiting for the announcement of the concerts in Brazil next year.

tchau
MT

Wow. That's great. I only met Edge in Boston. I am still trying to meet Bono.

gabrielvox said:
I would like respectfully submit that one of the captions on the last few pictures should read:

KEEP YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL!!!

Ah....you must be talking about the picture of your Honda in the snowbank......my hands on the wheel were a minute factor in our snow spin......

I felt like this :ohmy:

Then like this :sad:

But after knowing we would be ok...and I can live to post these pictures of Bono ......I felt more like this :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom