adelaide...what a show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewhiggins

Acrobat
I didn't have tickets to Adelaide Vertigo, so I decided to have a listen out the front. And it didn't disapoint either.

I listened to COBL, Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, SIAMYCGOO, Sunday Bloody Sunday and these absolutely rocked. I taped them but I'm off to convert them up.

Tell you what, the stage looked brilliant from the side.

I really wished I had tickets now. The next Adelaide show, I'm there in the front row.

What happened on Elevation though? It sounded like the wind moved direction or something because it turned up massive!

there were alot of oldies sitting and not saying boo around me... but am sure they were enjoying in silence. is the 4th show i've seen as part of this leg and was the quietest crowed...

some old woman came up to me 2 mns before show started and she says do you want a ticket (i didn't have one) and i said how much

$100

give you $15 for it better than nothing

no

THAT F*CKED ME OFF BIG TIME.

not a true fan, eh?

I went to the Adelaide show yesterday.
I was quite surprised by how friendly everyone was, both lining up outside for GA, and also once inside the Inner Zone. No one was acting like an idiot at all.
My friend and I chatted to a few people (including some nice-looking girls near edge's b-stage!) and got along really well with them. They even offered to watch our spot if we had to pop out for a moment.
Things like this help make a great concert that little bit better.

thats ok. did you get their phone numbers?

:wink: :wink:

but that woman annoyed me - her tickets would have been worth jack sh*t so i would have taken them gladly for $15 or free

$15?

Damn.

You drive a hard bargain.

If you were a true fan, you would've offered that old bag $20.

Last edited:
What an amazing night it was last thursday. 13 years to the day since the last time U2 made it to adelaide, 13 years of hoping and wishing and then the dissapointment in march, another 6 months of anticipation and it was WORTH EVERY LAST MINUTE!!!!
I laughed, i screamed and screamed, jumped up and down til my feet and my back could take no more. I sobbed during SYCMIOYO, then bawled like a baby during Miss Sarajevo and Kite. Bono was only a few feet from me during those last 2 songs, and the emotion i felt just can not be explained. I was shaking. I always knew i had an amazing emotional connection to U2, but had not realised until that night exactly how much their music means in my life! I'm sure some of you out there know what i'm getting at here, but i was just totally overwhelmed!
As for the losers who have been complaining about the adelaide crowd in our media - GET A LIFE!!! Where i was, everyone screamed, jumped, sang and clapped like their lives depended on it.
I thought nothing could surpass the Lovetown show from 1989 - I was wrong.

Mandy

I guess i was totally oblivious to what was going on behind me but inside the ellipse it was pure U2 fan emotion from the second the band came on til the end. EVERYONE was singing jumping waving and the cheers were deafening. The smiles were glowing and the tears were flowing. Bono was in top form the sound unreal and visuals breathtaking. The outstanding memory for me will be the beautiful haunting version of Kite. Slowed down, didjeridoo sounds floating in the background and the gorgeous colours of the kite shining out against the dark sky. It was all i could do but to hold back the tears with a little help from Bono "I dont wanna see you cry" :) U2 will never be outdone in my books. They have spoilt me and given me such joy over the years. Don't forget you Bono and U2? Not in a million years.

Back
Top Bottom