Where's the European reviews???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we dont get official forum reviews by the looks of it, we dont count, its only an american tour... didnt you know?

I log in , spend 20 mins writing a bit about Gelsenkirchen because noone else seems to have bothered , want to preview the whole thing and it says I have to log in and the whole post has gone AWOL :banghead:

Thought the same thing. The whole of leg 1 was up here before the tour kicked off. No one can be bothered with the European leg by the looks of it.

Threads have now been started for all the shows on the European leg of the Vertigo Tour. No slight was meant against our members in Europe by not posting these threads sooner, it was just an oversight.

Interference.com will also have official reviews of some of the European shows in our Content section and will be linking to media reviews and writeups in the News section.

wow that looks real organised , are you German ????

and am I blind because I dont see Gelsenkirchen

Do the same for the setlist threads and you may be the next chancelor

Last edited:
Headache said:
wow that looks real organised , are you German ????

and am I blind because I dont see Gelsenkirchen

Do the same for the setlist threads and you may be the next chancelor

Gelsenkirchen

The same organization is in place for the Fan Gatherings but not for the set list thread because it's about a multitude of things rather than just certain shows.

I'm not German, but thanks. Unfortunately, the order won't last for long.

There are some media reviews of some of the European shows posted in the General Discussion area, but we want more details from fans. I've been over to U2Tours and they have some. But we want more. Don't leave us hangin' across the pond.

Oh...and by the way...why is it that the rest of the world seems to think that we here in the U.S. seem to think we're better than everyone else and don't care what happens in the rest of the world. You're being brainwashed. We're just trying to live and survive on this planet like everyone else, so give it a rest. Not every American is like your stereotypical American...the one that's loud, obnoxious, pushy, and egocentric.

Sorry to get political, just give us more details.

Headache said:
I log in , spend 20 mins writing a bit about Gelsenkirchen because noone else seems to have bothered , want to preview the whole thing and it says I have to log in and the whole post has gone AWOL :banghead:

Yes, most of the forums I post at, do that. Annoying let me tell you. Before you hit preview or submit, copy and paste your entire post, then hit submit. If it logs you out, you already have your post ready to repost, just paste it back in.

Sometimes I forget, so that sucks but, oh well.

:shh: Zootopia doesn't do that, well one time, 45 minutes passed between typing and posting with not having to log in again. :shifty:

U2FloridaFan said:
Not every American is like your stereotypical American...the one that's loud, obnoxious, pushy, and egocentric.

Sorry to get political, just give us more details.

Is this really how we are viewed by Europeans? I thought we were supposed to carry each other! carry each other!

You've got 50,000-60,000 people at these European gigs and hardly anyone is writing reviews. What's up with that? Gimme a violin so I can play it next time I read a post from a European whining about U2 going to the U.S. twice this year and playing more gigs here than in Europe.

You may want to say that the lack of reviews on this site should be no indication of how much fans in Europe care about U2. You may be right, but the disparity between the number of reviews for the European shows is a sliver of what U.S. fans wrote. So what's up, anyway?

1. In Europe still a lot of people don't speak English so they won't write here.
2. Internet penetration and usage is not as widespread in many countries as in the US.
3. I think people here in Europe rather discuss things in their own national U2 website.

NHChris said:
You've got 50,000-60,000 people at these European gigs and hardly anyone is writing reviews. What's up with that? Gimme a violin so I can play it next time I read a post from a European whining about U2 going to the U.S. twice this year and playing more gigs here than in Europe.

You may want to say that the lack of reviews on this site should be no indication of how much fans in Europe care about U2. You may be right, but the disparity between the number of reviews for the European shows is a sliver of what U.S. fans wrote. So what's up, anyway?

:blahblah:

I'm locking this thread. The problem has been solved now that threads have been created for all the shows on the European leg and we don't need this to turn into a Europe vs US battle.

Please don't start your own threads, add to the ones already created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom