MERGED-->March 28, San Diego Sports Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
11:00 Last night about 60 fans in line.
At 6:45am there was 240 people
By 8:30 405 people were in line

3435264%3B23232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3249%3E73%3B%3E9%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D32328%3A485%3B755nu0mrj

About an hour ago - Its going to be luck of the draw. Your ticket gets scanned and if it buzzes you're in the oval - And you get to bring a friend. The only point of getting to a gig early is that you pick can pick your spot on the rail.

3435264%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D82%3C%3D%3A97%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B395464%3Aot1lsi

3435264%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D82%3C%3D%3A97%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B3953863ot1lsi

You could be the last to arrive with a GA and still get in the Oval

Big shiny trucks
3435268723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D82%3C%3D%3A97%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B394%3C8%3B%3Aot1lsi

Suits ...
3435268723232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E233%3A%3D82%3C%3D%3A97%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B3956%3B47ot1lsi

I have met a dozen or so people from here - both last night at the HR and this morning - one of whom asked not to be mentioned because of her unruly behaviour! When I left peole were unsure as to if they were going to stick around or go for lunch. As of about 20 minutes ago there was no sign of 'AtomicAir'
Gotta run - Diamond is still in line and he forgot his socks! - Got to swing by Mervins on my way back - But dont tell him I told you.

Lets just say until somone else gets back

City Of Blinding Lights was an awsome opener!, Vertigo was great coming in second, and the addition of Stories For Boys was great.
Love And Peace -> Sunday Bloody Sunday -> Bullet Combo was awsome!
Running To Stand Still was amazing....the whole show was.

Is this the only tour when Bono never takes those glasses off?, well he did for about a minute during "Sometimes"...when he had a bit of a moment....other than that, they were on all night

All I was dissapointed in (and not muchly) was no Until The End Of The World.
It will be interesting to see how Wednsdays set changes.

Any opinion on seating or standing places?Did Bono play to the oval or everywhere?

Much like Elevation, he played a bit everywhere.

Bono played on the "heart" for Sometimes.....
Bono & Larry on the tip of the "heart" for LAPOE, before the Solo larry went back to his kit, and Bono started playing the drums.

Bono & Edge on the tip again for Zoo Station.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm sure this thread will be huge by tomorrow night.

Diamond & I just got back - What can I say - F'kin awesome once again. I feel so spoilt - Saturday, tonight then again on Wednesday. The Elipse was about 1/3 empty - such a waste. We got to chat to Mr. McGuinness and he told us that it was to give us all an opportunity to get in. (Lotto) The setlist was slightly different to Saturday and a bit shorter. Gotta crash.

Great show but that Curtain of Light is Crap

Almost 2a.m. in the morning in Los Angeles....just drove back from the opening night show in San Diego. Altogether I enjoyed the show. The band sounded great and I thought that there musical performance was outstanding...the mix was did seem a little off, I had a hard time hearing Bono's vocals a good deal of the time...we were 10 rows up, 3/4's of the way back in the Loge section.

That said, I would like to offer some some quick negatives on the show:

1. The curtain of lights for the most part is just crap. There were a couple of nice moments but all in all this was just a horrible idea. It is an attempt to be hi-tech but it's really very low-tech. First of all, I would describe it as watching a very low resolution television set - like if you took your large screen television set and replaced the thousands of pixels with just 100 light bulbs that are hanging from the ceiling. Like strings of beads that some people hang between doorways...There are four to six of them around the stage that go up and down throughout the concert. We walked around the arena at one point and the best view is straight on (but even there during The Fly I couldn't make out the words). After a while, I literally had to walk out and take a ten minute break because of the headache I got from watching that thing. I think there will be a lot of complaints about this and it will end up making the crew insane. There's NOTHING special about it...I was very disappointed. I was led to believe that there would be something spectacular.

2. U2 has never repeated themselves but this is nearly identical to the set design of Elevation tour - the only thing that was different was the light curtain. Where's the originality here? Bono seemed to be trying hard not to act like he was on the last tour (no running around during Streets).

3. Really not sure about the placement of Streets and I thought it was the weakest presentation on any tour of this song. The Africa tie-in? Don't know about that.

4. The Amnesty reference was ok but not nearly as effective as it could be and it seemed to have been just cut off.

I would love to hear other people's thoughts on these....

Last edited:
Re: Great show but that Curtain of Light is Crap

There are four of them around the stage that go up and down throughout the concert. The best view is straight on (but even there during EBTTRT I couldn't make out the words).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not strange considering the fact that he song hasn't been played tonight. lol

Westport said:
2. U2 has never repeated themselves but this is nearly identical to the set design of Elevation tour - the only thing that was different was the light curtain. Where's the originality here?
Finally someone who actually wen't to the show but thinks the same as I do...

The Fly is where they had the words flashing...couldn't read shit.

Also, another negative....the worst bunch of t-shirts that I have ever seen at a show. Horrible.

Westport said:
2. U2 has never repeated themselves but this is nearly identical to the set design of Elevation tour - the only thing that was different was the light curtain. Where's the originality here? Bono seemed to be trying hard not to act like he was on the last tour (no running around during Streets).
[/B]

I think it's important that they keep the sparseness and catwalk idea. Since the Elevation tour was trimmed down - how can you trim done anymore? To add would only take away the view that fans from the back and sides have.

So, I'm happy they are keeping the set design.

Raid said:
So did they play "Wake me up before you go go"? :coocoo:

I think you are in the wrong forum or mabye i missed something..cheers:wink:

sony said:

I think you are in the wrong forum or mabye i missed something..cheers:wink:

there was some guy, I think "bigloader" claiming they were working on that cover for the current (yes it feels great to say that) tour.

Hey everyone -

if you want to discuss the show, please find the other threads to do so. For this thread's purposes, it should be to post reviews - fan or professional.

Back
Top Bottom