April 21, Pepsi Center in Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from Denver today. I went to both so and I thought they were both great. Thursday I had GA and I thought they played a better show with more energy. The second night seems to be the show to go to. First show the shound wasn't great, but the show was exellent. Cann't wait for Detroit.

Who was the little boy Bono brought up on stage? He did it Wed. night, so did the boy come back?

I've been to U2 concerts since early 90's, and this one topped them all.

The Edge...amazing.
Bono...inspiring.
Larry...nice to see him get out behind the drums
Adam...worked the crowd.

Chuckver said:
Thursday he brought the same boy back on stage his name is Nicholas thats all i know.

I met his father in San Diego and talked to him after the 2nd show in Denver. He was planted for the 2nd show, and has been asked to go to Vancouver to be planted for the filming. His father has some friends in the U2 orginization.

The woman from the audience who danced during "Mysterious Ways" was eating dinner at the table next to mine at the 'Blue Sky Grill' in the Pepsi Center. They were still there when we left at around 7:50...Goes to show you don't have to camp out all day to get to the tip of the ellipse with GA tickets.

Either that or you have very loyal friends in line, or she was planted too. I got in at 7, and there were already at least 5 or 6 people deep on the rail of the ellipse.

Or she has a twin sister.

KUEFC09U2 said:
i personally havent heard any backing vocal or anything like that?

Listening to Vertigo from the Glendale 4-15 boot now, there's half a 'hello' while Bono's shouting 'yeah'. It's at 4:05 into the song, after the Stories for boys-bit.

A bit further on in the show, Bono starts shouting/asking 'hello?'.

Don't know......

Goes to show you don't have to camp out all day to get to the tip of the ellipse with GA tickets.

I meant that in a hopeful sort of way, like, maybe you can show up late and still get lucky. But if it was 5-6 deep at 7, then I don't know how she got up front and center well past 7:45. A twin is possible, but a twin dressed exactly the same is highly doubtful.

Listening to Vertigo from the Glendale 4-15 boot now, there's half a 'hello' while Bono's shouting 'yeah'. It's at 4:05 into the song, after the Stories for boys-bit.

I got WTSHNN on video, and when I look back at it there are times when Bono is obviously off on the timing/rythym/harmony. Enought to where he steps back from the mic and adjusts the feedback on his earpiece. There is no audible backing from what I can hear.

whatever said:

A bit further on in the show, Bono starts shouting/asking 'hello?'.

Don't know......

Looks like they use some backing vocals during some "high" points in some songs. Like "whoo-hooos" in Elevation last tour and "Yeah/hello" on Vertigo. To add some energy and send the crowd to jump up and down. This "hello/yeah" mistake is very evident on the recording.

cmb737 said:

I met his father in San Diego and talked to him after the 2nd show in Denver. He was planted for the 2nd show, and has been asked to go to Vancouver to be planted for the filming. His father has some friends in the U2 orginization.

it was a very nice touch the 1st night, i also saw the clip of show 2. to know he was planted there takes away from how special it seemed but still a very nice touch. FILMING!??! is this for a DVD or somethign of the sort?

re: filming

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but right after the GA line opened up at Denver II, there was a guy inside the ellipse with a lady. He stayed for a few minutes talking with her, pointing at the stage and looking around the arena, etc., before leaving the ellipse. My first thought was that the guy looked like Phil Joanou, or my distant memory of Phil Joanou.

Now, I haven't seen Rattle and Hum or footage of Phil in years, and he was 17-18 years younger than now, but that was my impression. I let others around me know about this, but nobody knew who PJ is, so I couldn't get a second opinion. I'm not trying to start any rumor - he could have been anyone with the U2 entourage who I've seen photos of. He just looked familiar enough to shake me.

ashhayward said:
This was my first ever U2 show and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen my anyone, amazing performance, Bono's stage presence was incredible. Highlights were streets, Sunday and a great version of One
I'll bet it won't be your last!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom