7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a quick comments on the great great show yesterday.

Camp Nou is impressive, whether play Barça against Madrid, whether U2 plays there

Biggest attendance on the tour, the band seemed relaxed, ready to enjoy -compared to Rome where I saw them more tired-

Didn´t play All I want is you and Yahweh, but a great Party girl instead with Edge wearing Ronaldinho's FC Barcelona shirt

"For good and bad, nothing but the truth. We love this town" something like that said Bono during BD, with all three Beatles snippets, Sgt Peppers, Here comes the sun, Blackbird, 2nd Vertigo with Beatles Birthday snippet ...
BOb Marley's Get up stand up snippet after Party girl as well

SYCMOYO ended with a song about The Black hills of Dakota that used to be sung by Doris Day (Take me back to the black hills The black hills of Dakota To the beautiful Indian country That I lo-ove), in Electric Co, Smashing Pumpink's Bullet With Butterfly Wings (Despite all my rage........I am still just a rat in a cage, Despite all my rage, Despite all my rage!!!)

Pay attention at the end of One with Bono making more than 80.000 people sing this football coda oé oé oé (doing it like olé olé olé olé, nice moment)

I hope we can find a nice bootleg for this show, because I think it's really worth to have it

i was there too.

i don´t have words to express what i felt yesterday.it was my third u2 concert, and it has been the best. camp nou attendance was f:::ing amazing.

the band was absolutely impressive and lights show was awsomw too.special moments: miss sarajevo, with bono doing pavarotti part; and one with nearly 80000 cell phones painting in blue barcelona sky.

i agree with tacitus, i hope somebody taped the concert and share with other u2 fans

u2 rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the lack of song variety on this European leg, this performance was A1.

The sound was great. The shape of the stadium prevents any echoing, and there was none of the 'Bono-on-helium' stuff that I've heard others on this forum mention and I myself witnessed at Paris 1.

This must have been the latest start time in Europe...it actually started in the dark and didn't finish until 12.15. So the light effects was for the whole show and not just the last 30 minutes as in the UK.

Bono's voice was in top form for Miss Sarajevo. (I was really impressed with his Pavarotti bit, then saw the autocue rolling)

And on my 15th U2 concert, I finally get to hear PARTY GIRL. A dream.

adrball said:

Bono's voice was in top form for Miss Sarajevo. (I was really impressed with his Pavarotti bit, then saw the autocue rolling)

autocue rolling? what do you mean?

Back
Top Bottom