2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was my first ever U2 concert! We waited there from 9 o'clock in the morning and there was very good atmosphere.
We cought great place, next to the Adam's b-stage. It was amazing. The crowd was perfect, even people who were sitting, they were doing mexican wawes after The Thrills untill Wake Up from The Arcade Fire went and all the lights go of.
The band was full of energy, Bono was often jumping up and down during the first six songs! "Sexy people of Vienna", he told us, "You love to dance!". Really great moment was when he picked one lucky girl up on stage during All I Want Is You and danced with her, kissed her and let her sang "yoooouuuuuuuuu". She didn't do it very well (she was good, I couldn't even sing if it was me, I must confess :)), but he just vey kindly smiled on her and helped her sing. Then he hugged her. It was beautiful.
Adam was so great, smiling and he was a real showman. He look into my eyes for five seconds! It was wonderful! Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own was very emotional. Bono stood just one meter from me. And as he was coming he looked into my eyes for moment. During a concert he had a very powerful voice, really strong! It's not like on the recordings of the shows, live it is really strong.
Another strong moment was when Love And Peace Or Else started. Larry came to the b-stage to play drum and sing with Bono, just one meter from me! They were great! Bullet The Blue Sky was very moving with that Father Abraham Bono singing. Where The Streets have No Name was amazing! The whole concert was amazing! The intro before One is beautiful. And with that speech that Bono said, it was really moving. Running To Stand Still, Miracle Drug, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for, the whole Vienna was singing.
Zoostation...That Bono's moves and poses, wow. Never seen him doing this. The Fly was so rocking! And after With Or Without You as they were leaving stage, wawing fans, Larry smiled so beautifuly.
Yahweh was beautiful. Also the visualitions on the screen were wonderful. I don't know what more should I say. It was unforgettable night!

An amazing concert, full of energy from the band and from the audience(for the majority of the songs, at least).
Bono's voice was great, the sound was solid from where I was standing and the choice of songs was really good.
Highlights: The Electric Co.(really lifted the concert to another level, although a lot of the audience didn't know it), Miracle Drug, Love and Peace or Else(killer live song), Running To Stand Still (very emotional), Zoo Station and The Fly.
The only complaint I have was the crowd's reaction to Zoo Station and The Fly. Total numbness.
Otherwise, fantastic. It felt special because Live 8 was at the same day.

Hellou Everybody,
we are looking for any videos of U2 show in Wien, Chorzow and Munchen, for our U2 DVD projects (means Wien here!), every video is welcome, we need any DV cam or foto-cam quality videos, so if you could help us , please let me know to my email. If somebody send me a video of u2 shows will finally glad for the multicam DVD of u2show (Wien, CHorzow..)
Many thanks for your help best regards.
sjoa@centrum.cz

Back
Top Bottom