29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
was last nights show that bad??

reading through the reviews on U2tours.... there are 2 saying it was good, and 2 saying it was awful?

The two who says it was awful must have been somewhere else and not in Gothenburg! Otherwise U2 themselves must have been somewhere else as well since they had the time of their life and even brought the champagne opening moment back when they played Party Girl.

Have only heard fantastic comments about the show, from people all over europe that was there. It was the best of the scandinavien shows, according to everyone I've spoken to.

MissZooropa said:
The two who says it was awful must have been somewhere else and not in Gothenburg! Otherwise U2 themselves must have been somewhere else as well since they had the time of their life and even brought the champagne opening moment back when they played Party Girl.

Have only heard fantastic comments about the show, from people all over europe that was there. It was the best of the scandinavien shows, according to everyone I've spoken to.

I don't think it was better than Copenhagen actually.

Copenhagen had many more snippets, new verses and unusual stuff than Gothenburg did. And the crowd was better in Copenhagen than in Gothenburg.

Although they did play Party Girl...

You're right, more snippets but that's it. From where I saw Copenhagen the audience wasn't into it at all. Maybe the front section and a few islands in the back but I had LOADS of people around me sitting down the WHOLE concert, maybe clapping hands to Streets and Pride.
It took time for them to join clapping and other happenings, but that's me from the seats at the opposite side of the stadium, maybe you were down in the front section and had another view from it. Lucky you if so! :D

who the hell says it was awful? it was the best day of my life, the setlist was close to being perfect.. party girl was a great surprise, the crowd loved it.. though bono sang "i know a boy, a boy called party, party girl.." :wink: it was funny, even bono started laughing.. there's nothing quite like U2 and U2's audience. i think it was...really really awesome. too great. well, it was my first U2 show so I don't have anything to compare it to, so maybe I'm not the best person to review it.. but seriously, if it gets better than that, it must be pret-ty fantastic! before the concert began i feared that people would sit down, but NO. everyone was so into it and so fucking excited (sorry about the language) that it was better than anything i would have expected. i loved it. great. my favourites from the night: New years day, ISHWILF, LAPOE, Streets, Elevation, the fly.. it was great.

Hey, 99% at Ullevi thought the concert totally rocked! Check u2tours or u2 com now to see for yourselves. :cool:

My review:
Show: Gothenburg, Ullevi Stadium Friday July 29th 2005
It’s a surreal feeling, my very first U2 concert begins!
They had us all at “hello, hello!” Throughout “Vertigo” everyone at Ullevi began waving white items so that the whole stadium became an End-Poverty-Now manifestation!
The Edge is über cool playing both the piano & guitar In New Years Day, so is Adam when he strolls down the runway during his bass solo.
When Bono speaks Swedish in Beautiful Day, we go nuts again.

I Still Haven’t Found…: I have no words. I feel so happy and humble to be a part of Bono's Ullevi church!

Miracle Drug is wonderful and I believe I heard Larry's nice singing in the yeaa-yeaa bridge, or was I dreaming?

Bono sings extremely well in Sometimes…, I get goose bumps all over. My own dad passed away 7 months ago, so this song has been so strong for me. Hearing it live tonight was like coming to a beautiful end of a 7 months process.

Great backdrop lightshow during LAP and with Larry drumming on the b-stage this song rocks live! When Sunday Bloody Sunday begins everybody including the 65+ year old couple a few seats away is on their feet.

Miss Sarajevo: Beautiful, and we all know where “Bonorotti” got his opera talent from!

There would be peace on earth if everyone could experience Streets live, I mean it.

And U2 dedicates beautiful, beautiful "One" to Sweden! Thank you!
A lucky girl from Swedish fansite u2.se gets to dance with Bono during With or Without You.

All Because of You is the only song that is just "ok" live. Perhaps they should go with the Killahurtz Fly mix instead…?

Party Girl is a great surprise as well as champagne spray to go with the rain! Clap-clap-clap hey!

Vertigo 2: Even better than the first time! Bono counts in Swedish, and we don’t want to go home!

MissZooropa said:
You're right, more snippets but that's it. From where I saw Copenhagen the audience wasn't into it at all. Maybe the front section and a few islands in the back but I had LOADS of people around me sitting down the WHOLE concert, maybe clapping hands to Streets and Pride.
It took time for them to join clapping and other happenings, but that's me from the seats at the opposite side of the stadium, maybe you were down in the front section and had another view from it. Lucky you if so! :D

Well. I stood in the first row in front of the stage in Copenhagen, so maybe that was it.

But the performance felt more relaxed and just overall better than in Sweden.

I Still Haven’t Found…: I have no words. I feel so happy and humble to be a part of Bono's Ullevi church!

indeed. it's been my favourite U2 song forever, and it's.. you know, mine. :wink: i was so happy. bono said "take us to the church now!"

There would be peace on earth if everyone could experience Streets live, I mean it.

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom