25th September Milwaukee- Bradley Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow i tried to post the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal's link of the review of the show and found i can't post even one link until I have 15 posts.. Sorry everyone! :( Someone else will have to post it from

jsonline.com/onwisconsin/music/sep05/358668.asp

I thought the concert was fantastic!

I went to the May 7 Chicago show and the difference was night and day. The crowd seemed so much louder and into it and so did U2.

It was really special to be part of so many big "events":
~A debt cancellation announcement
~BELFAST, Northern Ireland (CNN) -- The Irish Republican Army (IRA) has given up its entire arsenal of weapons after more than three decades of armed struggle against British rule, according to the disarmament monitor for Northern Ireland.
~U2's Birthday:heart:, I really wish Happy Birthday could have gotten started by the crowd.

~Bono was jumping around and all the guys took turns wandering around the Ellipse. I really enjoyed the chat Bono and Edge had while doing (or attempting to do) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Hearing Bono laugh while trying to settle what song they were doing was priceless.

~Miss Sarejevo..........Oh. My. God.
~Streets just seemed unimaginably loud.

~An American flag was projected onto the lights behind the stage during a song. Niiice.

~They dedicated "40" (I think it was 40, my head was spinning by the end of the show) to the bass guitar tech who had to fly back home because his mother was dying. Unfortunately there was not much singing of How Long...... after all the guys left the stage.

In the end we did not get an extra Vertigo or a Crumbs or a new song on the tour, but we did get a solid performance from four Irish lads who put their heart and soul into their music. On their birthday.

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
I thought the concert was fantastic!

I went to the May 7 Chicago show and the difference was night and day. The crowd seemed so much louder and into it and so did U2.

It was really special to be part of so many big "events":
~A debt cancellation announcement
~BELFAST, Northern Ireland (CNN) -- The Irish Republican Army (IRA) has given up its entire arsenal of weapons after more than three decades of armed struggle against British rule, according to the disarmament monitor for Northern Ireland.
~U2's Birthday:heart:, I really wish Happy Birthday could have gotten started by the crowd.

~Bono was jumping around and all the guys took turns wandering around the Ellipse. I really enjoyed the chat Bono and Edge had while doing (or attempting to do) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Hearing Bono laugh while trying to settle what song they were doing was priceless.

~Miss Sarejevo..........Oh. My. God.
~Streets just seemed unimaginably loud.

~An American flag was projected onto the lights behind the stage during a song. Niiice.

~They dedicated "40" (I think it was 40, my head was spinning by the end of the show) to the bass guitar tech who had to fly back home because his mother was dying. Unfortunately there was not much singing of How Long...... after all the guys left the stage.

In the end we did not get an extra Vertigo or a Crumbs or a new song on the tour, but we did get a solid performance from four Irish lads who put their heart and soul into their music. On their birthday.

couldn't have said it better!

the only thing i would have changed about the show is replacing The First Time and WGRYWH with Discotheque and The Fly.

otherwise, it was a good show.

Was Wild Horses electric or acoustic? Didn't they do it acoustic the other day, whereas it has been electric at shows earlier on this tour. How did it sound when they were not messing it up?

drt4 said:
Was Wild Horses electric or acoustic? Didn't they do it acoustic the other day, whereas it has been electric at shows earlier on this tour. How did it sound when they were not messing it up?

it was acoustic, and it sounded great! the mess up, if anything, was entertaining. Bono and Edge handled it perfectly.

mikal said:

couldn't have said it better!

the only thing i would have changed about the show is replacing The First Time and WGRYWH with Discotheque and The Fly.

otherwise, it was a good show.

I agree. I thought the show was great, but I was disappointed I didn't get to hear The Fly, and I really wanted to hear Discotheque.

Question for the folks there - U2.com is reporting that The Cry was done before The Electric Co. True or false?

(The Cry hasn't been done since early in the European leg, so it'd be notable if it was ...)

mikal said:

it was acoustic, and it sounded great! the mess up, if anything, was entertaining. Bono and Edge handled it perfectly.

Question: Does having the drums still consider it acoustic? :confused: Larry joined in for a while, and I thought it was going to be full-on WGRYWH with drums. :faint: But it was a great version, nonetheless....even with the mistakes. ;)

I was surprised that I liked The First Time. :) I do miss Zoo Station and The Fly, but over all it was a great show.

My sister and my friend got to meet Bono and The Edge. I had bad timing...wasn't with them when they walked to the other entrance. :sad:

Well... this was my first U2 show EVER. Sat upper deck with my brother in the middle of the arena, though we went down to the lower level entrance by the stage for the second enocre. Went well for the most part. Missed hearing songs like The Fly and that from the first leg, but I made due with this one.

Highlights... well, the lights at the beginning from the Upper Deck were amazing to view. COBL, Elevation, Vertigo, and the likes of that. Miss Sarajevo was neat to see too, especially seeing Bono hit those high notes in Pavarotti's part. The crowd seemed to cheer that on pretty well, as that was impressive.

What else? Well, finally great to see Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride, for example. I loved how I got to sing along to so much of the songs with everyone else, which I can't really do at a lot of shows I see. Funny how you can eye out the deeper fans too when you see them singing to Miracle Drug, haha.

But yeah, definitely a good show. Now I'll definitely have to get GA floor tickets the next time they come around here.

shari schultz said:
They dedicated "40" (I think it was 40, my head was spinning by the end of the show) to the bass guitar tech who had to fly back home because his mother was dying. Unfortunately there was not much singing of How Long...... after all the guys left the stage.

really? i was there and thought the crowd did a pretty good job of the singing, unfortunately they put the lights up almost immediately after larry left the stage. i'll also add that i was at a show with the vertigo encore, and i hated it! "40" is THE concert closer.

bollox said:

really? i was there and thought the crowd did a pretty good job of the singing, unfortunately they put the lights up almost immediately after larry left the stage. i'll also add that i was at a show with the vertigo encore, and i hated it! "40" is THE concert closer.

I guess I was comparing it to the May 7 show in Chicago that I went to. The crowd seemed to sing forever. Milwaukee didn't even compare, IMO. I agree, though, that "40" is THE concert closer. Absolutely.
I really do think the flooding outside had alot to do with the decision to put the lights up almost immediately. It was kind of interesting hydroplaning home.........:crack:

Quick question, can anyone tell me the name of the song that played BEFORE they went on stage? A friend asked me and it's driving me crazy that I can't think of it!

They definitely did not let the crowd sing out 40. We were against the rail outside the elipse and before the show was even over, at the start of the third encore, a guy was scrambling around on the floor pulling all the bolts out of the railing and pulling pieces off of the outside of the elipse.

They must have had somewhere to get to!

HolySpaceJunk said:
Quick question, can anyone tell me the name of the song that played BEFORE they went on stage? A friend asked me and it's driving me crazy that I can't think of it!

Arcade Fire~Wake Up

shari schultz said:

I guess I was comparing it to the May 7 show in Chicago that I went to. The crowd seemed to sing forever. Milwaukee didn't even compare, IMO. I agree, though, that "40" is THE concert closer. Absolutely.
I really do think the flooding outside had alot to do with the decision to put the lights up almost immediately. It was kind of interesting hydroplaning home.........:crack:

yeah, i was comparing it to the crowd at the jersey show i saw in may. this crowd did a much better job on the singing.

lol on the flooding. running back to my car on the way home i ran through a foot deep puddle, ugh :huh:

Back
Top Bottom