16th February 2006 Mexico City - Estadio Azteca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys just got back from Mexico City for the 2nd date at Estadio Azteca, and all I can say is, it was the most amazing experience of my life, as soon as I have time I'll post a review

hey someone already posted a review but I'll try to fill in the gaps
well first of all the Secret Machines looked more relaxed than in Monterrey, (in monterrey they wouldn't even look at the audience, i'm not kidding) The did a great set and I'm sure they cut a couple of songs, maybe cause they were running a bit late.

Anyway U2 was at the top of their game, way more relaxed and energized (if that makes sense) than in Monterrey, they looked overwhelmed especially Bono by the response of the crowd, and the Monterrey concert doesn't compare to the energy the crowd in Mexico City had, I'm told 1st night was also amazing. Most songs got a huge reaction from the crowd, except probably fast cars and I was a bit disappointed that 40 wasn't sing alonged once Larry left the stage. But it was a nice surprise that Original got a huge reaction.

All the Achtung Baby songs had new animations, except maybe zoostation which was very similar to the European animations with the guys and the big red Z. The Fly was amazing with a lot of slogans in spanish, english, and if I'm correct portuguese and french. One also included the Buffalo sequence which for the life of me I don't remember seeing in Monterrey but I could be wrong.

Stuck In a Moment was also a nice surprise, with people singing along and when Larry and Adam entered, it also took a huge ovation, probably because the crowd didn't expected it.

I felt Adam and Edge spent a lot more time at the end of the rails, and at some point don't remember which song, one of the last Edge and Bono had a type of stand off, each from the tip of the rails, looked pretty cool. Until the End of the World did include the "match" between them. At the beginning of Fast Cars Edge's guitar was suddenly turned off, To which Bono craked up saying "don't worry Edge I'll keep the crowd singing."

Anyway I can't express how amazing this concert was, like I said it's been the best so far for me, (of any band) and I've been lucky enough to attend a couple in Europe and the States, hopefully latinamericans will keep the energy going.

Oh and as most of you all know the Africa issue has been almost completely dropped for this leg, except for One, I've read some complaining but you have to remember that Latinamerican countries are still 3rd World Countries so Bono will focus in that, The Mexico City shows were heavily involved with Mexican issues about progress and justice, which I think it's cool, because it didn't felt like Bono was preaching us, just giving us a bit of hope that we are on our way of progress as a nation and I personally found it honest from his part.

sorry if I bored you

thanks guys, I usually enjoy reading all the details about the shows, glad you enjoyed mine

Back
Top Bottom