14th August Lisbon - Alvalade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lisbon concert

Hello everybody!

I would like to talk about the concert in Lisbon, the first U2 concert I ever attended.
I think it was one of the best in the tour. Bono was crazy, jumping around and improvising as much as he could. They got a medal from our President, and Bono said the U2 were portuguese, since that day...
In the middle of the gig Bono even said "I already miss Lisbon".

There are only two things I would like to no from people who went to the other concerts, to know if the lisbon concert was really different:

- Did U2 play the song "40" in other concerts. It was the final song of the Lisbon concert, Vertigo was played only in the beginning, and it was very special...

- Wen the band got out stage, Larry kept playing the drums for two or three minutes and finaly waved for the audience and left. The rest of the band was expecting him behind the stage.
Did this happened in any other concert?

Well, one thing is true, it was the best moment of my life to watch the Irish Gang playing for a completely full stadium audience!

Re: Lisbon concert

Emanuel said:
Hello everybody!

- Did U2 play the song "40" in other concerts. It was the final song of the Lisbon concert, Vertigo was played only in the beginning, and it was very special...

- Wen the band got out stage, Larry kept playing the drums for two or three minutes and finaly waved for the audience and left. The rest of the band was expecting him behind the stage.
Did this happened in any other concert?

Well, one thing is true, it was the best moment of my life to watch the Irish Gang playing for a completely full stadium audience!

Congrats on your first U2 concert Emanuel.

I wasn't in Lisbon but I was present at the 3rd amsterdam gig,where they also ended with 40 (these are the only 2 gigs they ended with 40 on the European tour!!)
So we were lucky in a way altough the second Vertigo isn't bad either, very powerfull.

And to the second part of your question, well if you mean is it normal that the others leave the stage before Larry does (during 40 that is), yes it is.

They leave one by one until larry finishes up ;)
They used to do this routine during the eithies as well.

Back
Top Bottom