WZLX in Boston still saying "more dates on the way"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
I was just listening to WZLX and the DJ (I think it was Carter Alan) mentioned the rescheduled dates and said that more were on the way.
He did not mention where they might be, but I really wonder if he has any inside information or is just speculating that a 12 date tour is too little for a band like U2.

I've given up on hoping for more US dates (and being less selfish, for other countries as well ;) ).
The only thing I really see happening is an extra show or two for already scheduled cities... but I'd love to be wrong.
I'm just not putting anymore energy into it; last week drained all my hope, lol.

A couple of europe dates, a couple of n. american dates..:hyper:

Sounds like the basis of his arguement is that it's only 12 gigs. Sorry, Carter, but you are WRONG.

Pop Artist said:
I don't think Carter is all that plugged into U2 anymore, I think it's just speculation again.

Seeing as he introduced the band in Boston on the last tour I would say he must have some connection still.....

I would think with his backtracking last time that he wouldnt say something without having a fairly legitimate source.

sami0201 said:
If we book Hawaii accomodation and they add N. American dates, I will seriously kill myself. :|

But...you get to go to Hawaii....and see U2....and see Pearl Jam open for U2...and oh yeah, you get to go to Hawaii

Ifeelnumb84 said:

But...you get to go to Hawaii....and see U2....and see Pearl Jam open for U2...and oh yeah, you get to go to Hawaii

But I don't really get to go to Hawaii because we would fly in Friday and leave Sunday. And in the continental US it would be thousands cheaper. :drool: :wink:

But I cannot argue about Pearl Jam. :combust:

One of our radio stations here (Winnipeg) is giving away tickets to see any band anywhere in North America. One of the concerts they say is "how about U2 in New York". I thought that was interesting.

That's so weird...makes me wonder if all DJs just make shit up or what? 'Cause, I mean, for random DJs to know something no one else does doesn't really make sense. It's still interesting to read/hear, but frustrating.

BTW, "hi" up there! *waves from Minneapolis*

Well this one played out so far no Bigger Bang like returns and we Are ok W/ IT.....

Either way it was a Great Year last year!

May you all have Peace< >Hope and Health in 07

2HEARTSBOSTON
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
the longer this rumor goes on without being shot down, the more i start to believe that it might be true.

perfect world would bring the stadium show to the major cities in north america, and then close out with arenas in europe to make them happy, release a new album in christmas 2007 and be back on the road by summer 2008 :drool:

i know i know... but a man can dream,can't he?

U2Man said:
i could see them add a few asian dates.

That, or play Europe properly and visit places south of Austria/east of Poland/Chech Republic for once.

Atu2.com's off the record column says this on the topic:

To file in the rumor mill category, there has been chatter about a potential U2 tour of the United States in 2008. This was even mentioned to a fan by a U2 crew member who works closely with Bono about a week or so ago. The idea of having U2 on tour during a major presidential election year brings back memories of the Zoo TV tour where "Vote Baby" was a widely used slogan with pins and bumper stickers available at concerts. It'll be interesting to see what the next 24 months bring.

Back
Top Bottom