Winnipeg Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I haven't talked to him at all lately. I guess he has given up. The contest didn't work out because he couldn't get the tickets because he couldn't get the list of e-mail addresses from petitions online.

I recieved an interesting e-mail from someone who has connections to the bands management. He was trying to contact them. I'm going to e-mail this person back to see if anything happened with that.

Other than that nothing new. I'm sure glad that I bought Minneapolis tickets now.

Damn it. WHy did we build such a peice of crap arena in Winnipeg? Its so small. Theres no way U2 would want to play Winnipeg.

No rolling Stones or U2. This blows.

I need to move and fast.

Im not that suprised although it would have been really nice if they did. We have to face the facts that we live in a small city with a small arena. And that doesnt seem to be attractive to some bands. If u2 thinks their better than Winnipeg, they are wrong because it is still a rocking city, more so than even Dublin. BETTY TAKE ME TO Minneapolis with you!!!!!!!!!!! please.

I agree. We can't say we didn't try. I just can't believe that Alberta didn't get one. Lochlin said they were getting one. :scratch:

I emailed someone here in Edmonton (someone who works with concert bookings) about U2 coming here in the fall and he said that they were looking to come in the spring of 2006. Take it for what it's worth and at least it gives us hope.

I have hope, please let it be true. Can I be greedy and ask for the outdoor stage as well? Its much better than the indoor one.

Theres something really weird about Alberta not getting anything. As they sold out two shows last time around.

BBBad11 said:
I have hope, please let it be true. Can I be greedy and ask for the outdoor stage as well? Its much better than the indoor one.

I can't believe how much better Europe has got it. The stage looks way better for stadiums. Oh well, I'll only be seeing them indoors. :( but It's better than nothing!! :)

have a good time in Minneapolis Betty. Are you driving there or flying?

Ill regret for the rest for my life not getting tickets to minneapolis.

they think theyre too cool for school, which they are. But they arnet to cool for western Canada.

thetitans2k said:
have a good time in Minneapolis Betty. Are you driving there or flying?

Ill regret for the rest for my life not getting tickets to minneapolis.

The plan is that we are driving. I would like to fly but that would get a little pricey. I have a car that is excellent on gas.

It's so wierd, I still can't believe that I am going to see them again. I'm kinda in denial. I won't believe it until we are on our way there. I think were gonna leave on the Thursday so we are not to tired for the show. I also want to make sound check so I maybe could meet Bono. How crazy would that be!!! All I want is a picture with him. No autographs. I think they are kinda lame. Maybe if I could find a great picture or magazine cover that I could frame later, but it is deffinetly not my first thing on the list.

If I get to meet Bono should I hand him a copy of the petition do you think?

I can't believe that you didn't get tickets!!!! Why didn't you? I thought you were gonna try for 5 at some point? What happened to that plan?

I was planing to get to my computer on saturday morning that the tickets went on sale but i couldnt make it. It was so frustrating. Now i cry myself to sleep.

Bring a copy of the petition, if you dont meet him then just try to throw it at Bono from the nosebleeds.

I hope you have a good time.

I hate to say it but I don't think their comming. Even when the tour was first anounced I knew they wouldn't come. 2 words. Entertainment Tax. Stupid Winnipeg why should a band like U2 have to pay to play in a small city like this when they can play 4 sold out show in a place like Toronto or Chicago and get paid well for it. That's why I drove to Chicago from Winnipeg on May 7 to see them, and that's why I'm flying to Toronto to see them twice in September. I don't want to wait for them to come to me, I'll go to them. Hell I'm only going to be broke for the rest of the year but it's worth it. Also GA is the way to go but its amazing how early people show up. In Chicago we got to the show at 4:00 am and were #'s 67, 68 in line. We couldn't believe it we almost didn't get on the rail. We had to sprint once we got in the door and got the last 2 spots on the rail on Edge's side outside the Ellipse. thetitans2k my brother got GA tickets for Minneapolis through ETS tours at .com. If they still have bronze packages left that's the best deal your gonna get outside a scalper. Good luck and I hope you get to see them, I like this tour a lot better then Elevation except for the stupid lottery system for GA. Who know's they may add some additional tour dates in the spring and Bono did say he liked Winnipeg you never know. Always keep up hope but if I were you I would do everything I could to get a ticket for Minneapolis if you can. Best of luck.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom