Who else missed out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrunkenMonkey

Babyface
just wondering how many other ppl missed out on tickets for the shows in aussie?
i am so upset, i was looking forward to seeing U2 more than anything that has ever happened in my life!

it looks like there will definately be another show in both melbourne and sydney.
im wondering if anyone can officially confirm this and does anyone know for sure when the tickets for these new shows will go on sale?

i will do anything to get tickets for these new concerts except for paying like $400 for a ticket off ebay. wat a joke.

DrunkenMonkey said:
just wondering how many other ppl missed out on tickets for the shows in aussie?
i am so upset, i was looking forward to seeing U2 more than anything that has ever happened in my life!

it looks like there will definately be another show in both melbourne and sydney.
im wondering if anyone can officially confirm this and does anyone know for sure when the tickets for these new shows will go on sale?

i will do anything to get tickets for these new concerts except for paying like $400 for a ticket off ebay. wat a joke.

If you are in Sydney, try Bondi Junction ticketek. I got there at 8 last night and was first in line...this was definitely not the case in other outlets. hope this helps.

ME! i missed out!!!! and im crying every 2min now!
everytime anyone mentions U2 or i think of them i start crying cause i missed out

yeah the problem is im from tassie. me and a few of my mates are all planning on tryin to get to the sydney show and we were all trying to get the tickets over the net/ phone but we all had no luck.
it was so hard trying to ge them over the site. i couldnt event get into ticketek till like after 10am and by then GA had all sold out

i just want to find out when tickets go on sale for the new concerst.

ill bloody well fly to bondi to get tickets if i have to :)

jessi-ma-ca said:
ME! i missed out!!!! and im crying every 2min now!
everytime anyone mentions U2 or i think of them i start crying cause i missed out

u2!!! just kidding :) If you are willing to line up pretty early like I suggested in the other thread you will not miss out....so don't stress and just wait for the 2nd show.

yeah well stuff the net/phone for gettin tickets for the next show.
ive found out where the closest ticketek is to me (its a 1 hour drive away) and im gunna line up there real early.
i might park my car in front of the shop and block anyone from getting in there cept me hehe
i cant wait to see U2 for the first time!

me too.... i draging my best freind along with me, and im camping out.... i just had no idea that the tickets would sell out so fast. i really thought i would have no trouble getting tickets

If you're willing to travel, see if you can get Adelaide tix. I got A reserve no troubles (though I was 7th in line). But it's gotta be worth it, and definitely easier than Sydney or Melbourne!

Good luck

jessi-ma-ca said:
me too.... i draging my best freind along with me, and im camping out.... i just had no idea that the tickets would sell out so fast. i really thought i would have no trouble getting tickets

Yep I knew there would be interest but I didnt think it would be this bad. So why has it taken this long for Australia to go crazy about U2. Previously we couldnt even sell out stadiums. Luckily though got my tickets took a lot of waiting but worth it.

I sat on the net for 2 hours tryin to get through, my mum and dad were both on the phones and we couldnt get through at all it was shockin!! I'm so spewin over it too, would of been my first U2 concert and I was so lookin forward to it. God I hope they do more shows and I'm like you jessi-ma-ca I wanna cry everytime I think about it :(

-Nikki

Ikkin said:
I sat on the net for 2 hours tryin to get through, my mum and dad were both on the phones and we couldnt get through at all it was shockin!! I'm so spewin over it too, would of been my first U2 concert and I was so lookin forward to it. God I hope they do more shows and I'm like you jessi-ma-ca I wanna cry everytime I think about it :(

-Nikki

i just got tickets for brisbane....
so if your willing to travel
im really excited about it. but freaked out, since i dont know brisbane, or anyone who lives there.... but never mind.... i know U2!!!!

im sure there has to be another syd concert... the demand has to be there

I dont know anyone who lives in Brisbane but I have been there twice and its nice city. I said the same thing about Melbourne and Sydney. :wink: I am sure you will have a great time in Brisbane though.

I reckon the internet is killing the possibility of people having an equal shot of getting a ticket.

I got one, but by pure chance....i could easily have missed out..

There needs to be a new way of purchasing things off online.

It's just unfair...

What about people with slow internet connections?
What about people with dodgy phone connections?

But that is the same as it has always been. Go back 10 years and you were dealing with 2 choices: Phone or line up, both with the same risks as today. The net is just providing a third risky way of going about it, but it's not greater or lesser a system than a decade ago really.

Like everyone said at the start, the best way to secure tickets was to line up. And may I just say that the Ticketek staff at my local outlet were fantastic! They knew exactly what they were doing and were as efficient as possible so that the most people in the queue could get tickets! :applaud:

haha timo, thats so cute. at the aspley ticketmaster, they were quite slow. i heard someone on the phone to someone in the city.. they were up too number 90 and we were up to 60.. i was freakin out hardcore! haha... so many great ppl in the line too.

Did your Ticketmaster get everyone to fill out preorder forms - so they were basically punching in your request as you walked to the counter? I honestly spent no more than 10 seconds at the counter. :ohmy:

um, no they didnt? what happened was, the tickets werent on sale till 12noon but we got there at 9.. and u went 2 the counter and they gave u a ticket. then when 12 came they got us all to line up in order of the number on our tickets.. and wait n wait n wait...(anxiously) lol.. until i guess there werent any tickets left, i was number 84 and bluddy lucky i recon.. got good seats too ay >_<

Well I gave my 100 to a friend to grab a GA for Melbourne since he was going with some other ppl from his group to get tickets however (and heres the great part) they decided not to do what they were initially and go out and wait and instead put their chances on the internet. And things being what they are here I am without a ticket.

Feh.

oh my- definately not good. i was orginally going to go and line up.. n then my mother mentioned phone or internet.. and i told her NO- we're driving an hour and Im lining up.. lol... and i got my tickets. suprisingly.
- i suggest wait for the extra concerts to be announced, u could hav some luck?

I spent all day at work trying to get onto Ticketmaster.com...and i tried phoneing them about 70 times!!! My best friend who is also a big U2 fan has friends at his work that got some tickets...none of em are fanatics like i am!! So I'll be the one missing out!! I have waited 8 years to see U2 and now it looks like I may not ever see them while they are still at the top of their game! There's a slight chance Brisbane will get a second show...but that's still not gonna make me feel any better until it happens...even then I'd be gutted to be 1hr away from where U2 are performing and not see them the night before i do actually see them.

I think I'll have to abduct all the scalpers and threaten to kill them until i get a legit ticket!!

Back
Top Bottom