Where to stay in NYC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
Hi all,

My mate and I will be travelling over to NY for the first MSG show, and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a hotel?

I'm tempted to go to the Chelsea Hotel, my artist mate will love it but having stayed there before, it can be a bit grimey and not too sure on the area?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jim

NYC Hotel

Hi,

We stayed at the Affinia Manhattan,formerly the Southgate Tower in NYC for the U2 May 21st concert. MSG is across the street. We could looke out our hotel window and see MSG. The rooms are pricey,but it is a decent hotel.

Bella

I've been poring over literally hundreds of hotels to find a relatively cheap one for that week. Everything, even the Super 8, is $200-$300! The best (only?) deal I found was the Grand Union Hotel at www.hotelgrandunion.com, which is on the same street as MSG, only 2 blocks down! It's also well-rated on tripadvisor.com.

I'll look into the Affinia Manhattan too - I don't mind spending a bit more money if it's substantially nicer.

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Thanks a million for your suggestions. After several hours on the web/phone on Friday I've managed to get a room at the doubletree on time square.. pretty pricey but everything else is either more expensive or fully booked. Plus the company I work for has a slightly reduced rate at that hotel chain.

Nice! I stayed at the Doubletree last year - not too fancy, but comfortable and spacious. (And the cookies are delish.)

Did you happen to find any <$200/night rooms for that weekend in the midtown or lower-midtown area? I wasn't able to find anything short of hostels for that range!

I've been looking all around for somewhere affordable too, but had no luck - so I'm finally just settling for a hostel, at least you know what you're getting with them I suppose!
Are the hotels in NYC always so expensive? Or have they bumped the prices up coz of the U2 shows?

jellybelly said:
Are the hotels in NYC always so expensive? Or have they bumped the prices up coz of the U2 shows?

are the hotels in new york always so expensive? yes... were they bumped up because of u2? no.

if anything, they were bumped up because it's columbus day weekend. if it wasn't a holiday weekend, prices would probably be about 25 to 50 bucks cheeper

I've stayed at the Belvedere Hotel in Hells Kitchen/Times Square area, great location, nice rooms and affordable. Best of all, it includes an awesome daily breakfast buffet, this alone can save you $20 a day, food in the city is really expensive.

Back
Top Bottom