Where are the dates for the U2 Tour - Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fan101 said:
Sueh -

U2 will definitely not be hitting KC and probably not St. Louis. Most artists nowadays are avoiding those two cities and going to Omaha (I think).

I'd be surprised if U2 hit St. Louis and or Kansas City.

And the Kansas City show on the Elevation tour did not sell out, unfortunately. Hence the reason why U2 will avoid KC (they've always done terribly here in KC.)

I know the last show was dissapoiinting as far as turnout, but KC has always been pretty solid for a show. I have not missed a show since 87 and they always seemed to have unbelievable crowd participation. Dont forget they filmed a video there.

U2Knox07 said:
I can't wait until U2 performs in Chicago - I just hope it isn't while I am studying abroad in London, or I could see them in London :wink:

ill see you in line :wink:

rumors say that we'll have 3 DATES in Italy -- Milan, Rome & Florence. But I've the impression it's tooo much...

WOOO HOOOO! I"M SOO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS TOUR! I HAVE NOT YET SEEN THEM LIVE, BUT IF I HAVE MY WAY... I WILL BE AT EVERY SHOW IN THE SAN FRANCISCO AREA! ANYONE IN THIS AREA NEED A RIDE? IT'S PARTY TIME. I"M GOING FOR FRONT ROW!

Do any of you think they'll come to Canada? More specifically, to Toronto? I know they always sell out up here, and Bono loves us and our Prime Minister, but any rumors I've heard have failed to mention Canadian stops. I've yet to see them live, and I'm really hoping this tour can change that. Thanks for you help!

MatthewI said:
Do any of you think they'll come to Canada? More specifically, to Toronto? I know they always sell out up here, and Bono loves us and our Prime Minister, but any rumors I've heard have failed to mention Canadian stops. I've yet to see them live, and I'm really hoping this tour can change that. Thanks for you help!

U2 hate Canada of course they won't be going there. :wink:

Of course they'll be playing Canada, the "US" leg is actually the North American leg, there will be Canadian dates mixed in with the US dates.

U2FANinUSA said:
WOOO HOOOO! I"M SOO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS TOUR! I HAVE NOT YET SEEN THEM LIVE, BUT IF I HAVE MY WAY... I WILL BE AT EVERY SHOW IN THE SAN FRANCISCO AREA! ANYONE IN THIS AREA NEED A RIDE? IT'S PARTY TIME. I"M GOING FOR FRONT ROW!

Me too!! But Europe will have to wait more than America!

Since no "official" place/dates have been set, I guess no one knows if they'll play Calgary or Edmonton this time around? For PopMart, they came to Edmonton for the first time, and I specifically remember Bono asking the crowd, "How come we've never come here before?" and got a roaring response. For ZooTV I had to go to Vancouver and got the worst seats imaginable. For Elevation they played Calgary and I was living about 600 KM away and was poor so I couldn't travel to see it, but I was so mad to miss it, and I don't want to miss this one, and now that I'm in Edmonton (again) I hope they play here and Not Calgary (no offence to the city) 'cos I have two young kids, and I don't know how I can leave them at least overnight-- their father does not support my interest in U2 and would not be willing to let me go without a fight! So, hopefully they'll return here since they played Calgary the last time! :yes:

In regards to the Kansas City debate:

U2 will play in Kansas City again. The reason KC didn't sell out in Elevation is due to 4 factors.

1) Kansas City is not one of the so-called "U2-towns". To most, U2 are just another 80s rock band. (I know the feeling, living near Columbus, Ohio. Columbus sold out days before the show.)

2) St. Louis is also not one of their big towns. Considering that these 2 shows happened on two consecutive days, and neither city is a big U2 city, the 2 shows actually took people away from each other, due to average demand.

3) Tickets for these shows were put on sale 2 weeks prior to the shows, if that. Since it's not a "u2-town", people did not feel the need to rush for tickets. People kept putting it off, and the casual fans didn't have enough time to make up their minds if they wanted to go or not.

4) 9/11 had a significant effect on how people spent their money.

My solution would be to first of all put tickets on sale at least 2 months before the show. KC will have to crawl to a sellout. Maybe schedule Kansas City for the 1st leg, and St. Louis for the 2nd leg, so to spread out the demand, and give people a chance to go to both. Then again, there is a reason they make the business decisions, and I just buy the tickets and go to the concert.

U2girl91289 said:
same here. in fact, i WILL see them on this tour, it's not even a question for me of hopefully, maybe seeing them. i will see U2 live on this tour, dammit

I feel the same way. My friend and I have our game plan all planned out. I WILL see them period. Life is too short...

Peace,
Brenda

I am hoping they will hit Dallas or the Ford Center in OKlahoma City...we have been getting big acts at the Ford Center here in OKlahoma city, so Maybe, but driving to Dallas is not out of the question for me...does anyone remember if they played Dallas before?

Peace,
Brenda

foolonthehill said:
I am hoping they will hit Dallas or the Ford Center in OKlahoma City...we have been getting big acts at the Ford Center here in OKlahoma city, so Maybe, but driving to Dallas is not out of the question for me...does anyone remember if they played Dallas before?

Peace,
Brenda

I know for certain they played it on Elevation. Popmart and Zoo TV I cant say for certain but considering they played Birmingham, AL on Zoo TV I'm sure they did play it. Check U2tours.com.

I agree with The_Acrobat....venues like Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, IN and Lexington, KY (elevation stops) did sellout, but slower than other places...if you want to see them, and you act relatively quickly, you'll have no problem getting seats without going through scalpers. I saw them in Columbus and Lexington in 2001 - - both places easy to get into and out of; nice cities.:wink:

U2 was interviewed on The Bear in Canada tonight. Bono said they will be in Canada in March. Don't forget your mittens unless you are in Vancouver.

foolonthehill said:

Peace,
Brenda

Thanks! I will!

Peace,
Brenda

i hope to go to chicago, which i did during the elevation tour. great place to see u2. id also like for them to come to cincinnati ohio . they havent been there since i believe the october tour.

I would love to go to the OKC show or the Dallas show for that matter, but I really don't want to go by myself, so I'm going to try and drag somebody w/ me, maybe...

Hopefully tomorrow the dates will finally appear...one can hope for them anyway...with the New York concert being televised.

March!@#

trevster2k said:
U2 was interviewed on The Bear in Canada tonight. Bono said they will be in Canada in March. Don't forget your mittens unless you are in Vancouver.

"The Bear"? Is that a radio station, if so, which city?

Last tour, I took a day off work to find tickets, and had no luck. I tried placing orders on tickets in any major metropolis within 10 hours drive. I had no luck. Toronto shows seem to sell out in a matter of minutes. I havent seen a tour since Exhibition Station, Toronto, ZooTV tour. I will brave the cold to see them, no matter the cost. Simply standing in line at ticketmaster will be cold. *shiver*

:: empyr3al

let's drop the bomb then...:

Jan
1 - 21: band rehearsals in South of France
Sat 22 - NRJ awards, Cannes
23-31: band rehearsals in South of France

Feb
1-7: band rehearsals in South of France
Tue 8: Rehearse Brit Awards
Wed 9: Brit Awards
10-11: Band rehearsals in South of France
Sun 13: Grammy Awards
15-18: Band rehearsals - TBA
19-25: Band/Production rehearsals Miami
26: Load in Miami AAA - after NBA
27-28: Production rehearsals Miami AAA

March
1, 3: Miami - American Airlines Arena
5: Tampa - St Pete Times Arena
7, 8: Atlanta - Philips Arena
10: Hartford - Civic Center
12: Buffalo - HSBC Arena
14 NYC - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dinner
16: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
17, 19, 20: NYC - MSG
23, 24: Montreal - Bell Centre
26, 27: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
29, 31: Boston - Fleet Center

April
1: Boston - Fleet Center
4, 5: East Rutherford - Continental Arena
7, 8, 12, 13: Chicago - United Center
16,17: Denver - Pepsi Center
20, 21: Phoenix - America West
24, 25: Seattle - Key Arena
28, 29: Vancouver - GM Place

May:
2, 3: Oakland - Oakland Arena
6,7: San Diego - Sports Arena
10, 11, 14,15: L.A. - Staples Center
16-31: break

June:
1, 4, 5: Amsterdam - Amsterdam Arena
8: Zurich - Letzigrund Stadium
10: Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
12: Brussels - Roi Boudoin
14: Manchester - Stadium of Light
18,19: London - Twickenham
21: Glasgow - Hampden Park
25, 26: Dublin - Croke Park
29: Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

July
2: Vienna - Ernest Happel Stadium
5: Budapest - NEP Stadium
7: Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9: Paris - Stade de France
10-18: break
19, 21: Milan San Siro or Florence Stadium
23: Rome - Olympic Stadium
27: Oslo - Vallehovin
29: Gothenburg -Ullevi
31: Copenhagen - Parken

August:
3: Munich - Olympic Stadium
5: Nice - Parc de Sports Charles Ehrman
7: Barcelona - Olympic or FC Barc
9: San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11: Madrid - Calderon
14: Lisbon - Alvalade
15-31: break

September
1-12: break
13: break, load in Toronto
14: break, load in Toronto
15: break, load in Toronto
16, 17: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
20, 21: Chicago - United Center
23: Minneapolis - Xcel or Target
25: Milwaukee - Bradley Center
27: Cleveland - Gund Arena
30: Boston - Fleet Center

October
1, 3, 4 Boston - Fleet Center
7, 8, 10,11: New York - MSG
14: New York MSG / Albany-Pepsi
15: off / New York - MSG
16,17: Philadelphia - Wachovia
19, 20: Washington - MCI Center
21: off pre rig Pittsburgh
22: Pittsburgh - Mellon Arena
25: Detroit - Palace of Auburn Hills
28: Houston - Toyota Center
29: Dallas - American Airlines

November
1,2: Anaheim - Pond
4: off/ Las Vegas MGM
5: Las Vegas MGM
6: Las Vegas MGM - off
7: Off - Sacramento - Arco / LA Staples
9,10: San Jose
18,19, 22, 23: Tokyo - Budokan or Yokohama

December:
2, 3: Brisbane - Entertainment Center
6, 7, 9,10: Melbourne - Rod Laver
13,14,17,18: Sydney - Superdome

jesus...those actually look possibly legitimate! :hyper:

i double checked the dates at montreal and toronto and they're all open.

Katharsis

one4u2 said:

You must make every effort humanly possible!! SSOOO worth it, you haven't lived until you've been to a U2 show :)

It's the case that being at the emerald boys' concert is like katharsis. The sea of emotions, and the feeling that you are finally in the right place, in the right time knowing that it's the time of yor life:bow:Don't you think... :hmm:

Can anybody tell me if the information about the changes in U2 tour is real?I've just heard that they won't come to Poland on 7th June but 'maybe' on 5th May. The concert from June is supposed to be shifted to Berlin. What the:censored: is that?:mad: :mad: :sad: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom