Where abouts in Sydney?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GLBris

Babyface
Hey everyone!

Without pestering the boys or annoying them, does anyone know where they might be staying in Sydney? And if they intend on doing meet and greet signings and so on with fans like they did out the front of Versace on the Gold Coast! I'd love the chance to get some autographs and maybe even a pic or two.

Cheers

Unfortunately, unless it's mentioned on the news, you don't have much chance of anyone giving that info out on these boards as it's kind of a naughty subject to bring up if you know what I mean.

I can tell you, directly from someone I was speaking too this evening who's very much in the know, that towards the end of their stay at the Versace, they were a little less enthusastic to come out and meet and greet for a number of reasons.

One over enthusiastic fan hurtled up to Larry when he was signing for somebody else and was bluntly told by Larry, and I quote, "Get the fuck away from me" (this fan was apparently very over the top and scary!). I was also told that on Saturday, Bono almost moved to another hotel because the crowds were getting too much.

The other thing is that certain people were standing out there every day getting things signed and a certain couple of band members specifically thought these people were probably not fans but people trying to make money from the band by selling the goods on. By all accounts there is a code the band use when they sign things that their team look for when locating signed good on eBay. Where that gets them I don't know, but apparently a Bono autograph these days without the year included on it, is one of those codes...so if you get one of those, Bono thinks you could be a profit making eBayer!!

Anyway - I got to meet all four band members and they were really cool to me. 22 years of being my favorite band and I finally manged to meet, shake hands, have a few words, get a few pictures and video clips of me with them and get my U2 by U2 book signed (and I got an 06 on my Bono autograph!).

All that by the by, it's not impossible to meet them. If you do find out where they are, it's then about perserverance!! Good luck on your quest guys.

Last edited:
neilm said:
Unfortunately, unless it's mentioned on the news, you don't have much chance of anyone giving that info out on these boards as it's kind of a naughty subject to bring up if you know what I mean.

I can tell you, directly from someone I was speaking too this evening who's very much in the know, that towards the end of their stay at the Versace, they were a little less enthusastic to come out and meet and greet for a number of reasons.

One over enthusiastic fan hurtled up to Larry when he was signing for somebody else and was bluntly told by Larry, and I quote, "Get the fuck away from me" (this fan was apparently very over the top and scary!). I was also told that on Saturday, Bono almost moved to another hotel because the crowds were getting too much.

The other thing is that certain people were standing out there every day getting things signed and a certain couple of band members specifically thought these people were probably not fans but people trying to make money from the band by selling the goods on. By all accounts there is a code the band use when they sign things that their team look for when locating signed good on eBay. Where that gets them I don't know, but apparently a Bono autograph these days without the year included on it, is one of those codes...so if you get one of those, Bono thinks you could be a profit making eBayer!!

Anyway - I got to meet all four band members and they were really cool to me. 22 years of being my favorite band and I finally manged to meet, shake hands, have a few words, get a few pictures and video clips of me with them and get my U2 by U2 book signed (and I got an 06 on my Bono autograph!).

All that by the by, it's not impossible to meet them. If you do find out where they are, it's then about perserverance!! Good luck on your quest guys.

The problem was that the networks told the world where they were staying.

I have sorta changed my mind on meeting musicians. I saw little birdy on the weekend and got to hang out with Katy Steele for 15 or so minutes. She snuck into the club and stood next to me. I knew it was her and had a cool chat, then we sorta grooved out to some tunes. It was a really good moment, until people came up asking for photos and autographs. In the end she just walked out.

I feel for Larry. He comes across as a cool dude, and very patient. But screaming psycho fans would have to wear

I think it has to be a balance between the fans deserving their chance to meet them, and the band deserving their shot at a bit of privacy. So if you figure it out, you deserve it, but I don't think it should be published for all of Sydney on here. Besides, story I've heard is that they're staying in private rented homes, not a hotel. But if you're on BandWatch - Bono & Eddie Vedder were at Hemmesphere on Wednesday night. Bono kicked on, showing up at Baron's in the Cross at about 6am. Pretty funny - Hemmesphere is one of the swankiest bars in Sydney, while Barons is a Cross institution, an absolute dive loved for it's, umm, odd patrons. :huh:

wang_chung said:

I feel for Larry. He comes across as a cool dude, and very patient. But screaming psycho fans would have to wear

Larry was really cool and really nice when I met him. If you are polite and wait your turn, they are likely to be more accomodating.

Earnie Shavers said:
I think it has to be a balance between the fans deserving their chance to meet them, and the band deserving their shot at a bit of privacy. So if you figure it out, you deserve it, but I don't think it should be published for all of Sydney on here. Besides, story I've heard is that they're staying in private rented homes, not a hotel. But if you're on BandWatch - Bono & Eddie Vedder were at Hemmesphere on Wednesday night. Bono kicked on, showing up at Baron's in the Cross at about 6am. Pretty funny - Hemmesphere is one of the swankiest bars in Sydney, while Barons is a Cross institution, an absolute dive loved for it's, umm, odd patrons. :huh:
Drinking in bars, eh? ....:hmm: :whistle:

wang_chung said:

I saw little birdy on the weekend and got to hang out with Katy Steele for 15 or so minutes. She snuck into the club and stood next to me. I knew it was her and had a cool chat, then we sorta grooved out to some tunes. It was a really good moment, until people came up asking for photos and autographs. In the end she just walked out.

She's a decent sort, lucky you..

i know where they are staying (bono's at the same place as he was at in March) - a mate just delivered some gym equipment there

I worked on that house when the previous owners did a MASSIVE renovation! I wonder whether they'll let me back in to check out my handy work!

Back
Top Bottom