What's This I See? North American Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
peacefrogdog said:

The Corel Centre here in Ottawa manages its own tickets for hockey and concerts rather than Ticketmaster. I wonder how that will work with the presale if ticketmaster isn't used?

And Montreal uses Admission tickets.....

jammin909 said:
Regardless of having a lot of holes inbetween some dates of the tour it sure does not flow very well from some cities to the next. A lot of zig-zaggin all over the country.

Not that it matters to us as fans, but thats a lot of extra miles driving and hauling stage stuff everywhere which really increases their costs.

I am sure they will have 2 stages to haul around, like they did for Elevation. Maybe one in the west and one in the east.

jammin909 said:
Regardless of having a lot of holes inbetween some dates of the tour it sure does not flow very well from some cities to the next. A lot of zig-zaggin all over the country.

Not that it matters to us as fans, but thats a lot of extra miles driving and hauling stage stuff everywhere which really increases their costs.

i agree with you...even if it doesn't increase costs considerably it just seems a little strange...especially Chicago-Minneapolis-Milwaukee and then LA to Miami with nothing in between...and then St. Louis-Omaha-SLC-Portland...just odd.

So what to do what to do?
Should I buy my 2 tickets for LA with my Prop membership....or wait and see if they add Oakland or Sacramento?
:confused:

I'm going to second the yey St. Louis - a bit surpised that there isn't a KC show - but not complaining Savvis is just a nice ride down 40 :D

Well, I'm happy this time around. I'm hoping for tickets to Buffalo and Toronto. In fact, I'm surprised that Buffalo is nearly three months after the Toronto dates as location-wise, it's closer to Toronto than Hartford or Cleveland.

U2Girl1978 said:
Have they ever added cities to their tours?

Yes... the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour they added Sacramento.
It was a ticketmaster venue, but the Oakland Arena (in the Bay Area) was tickets.com back in 2001 and it still is today.

If you go right now to the tickets.com webpage they have a bunch of concerts listed for the Oakland Arena:

http://www.tickets.com/venue_info.cgi?VENUE_ID=55865

whereas tickemaster.com only has basketball games listed:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/229399/

With the 11 day gap (granted many of those days will be for travel from the west coast to Miami) I really think that they will play Oakland, and hopefully announce it soon before I freak out and use my code for LA or Portland!

For them to skip Alberta is TOTALLY crazy! It makes no sense whatsoever. I hope we get an explanation for this. I was really hoping to see U2 twice this year. Maybe I'll fly to Ottawa. [/B][/QUOTE]

Be glad you get to see them at all! If they don't play AB and it doesn't look like it, I have no chance to see them--nada, nil,none! I can't afford to travel anywhere so it looks like I might miss another tour altogether! I am so bummed...:sad:

Sanchez said:
They are skipping Edmonton and/or Calgary? How could they do this? I hope they add one or both cities because this is just wrong. Edmonton sold out twice for Popmart and Calgary twice for Elevation. U2 are nuts if they don't come to Alberta. I pray that they add a date in Alberta or else I can't see them on this tour :(

I know how you feel--I can't afford to go to Vancouver, and forget the east! so it looks like I may miss this tour completely! I'm with ya...:sad:

Back
Top Bottom