What will the third leg dates be? (roughly)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ladywithspinninghead said:

Why was it cancelled?

According to elevation-tour.com: "due to damage to video screen". I think I once read something about a hail storm but I'm not sure if that's correct.

jedi Larry said:
[B

U2girlcj, they last played New Orleans back in '82 on an old steamboat. During Joshua Tree, they played in Baton Rouge.

You never know. [/B]

Don't forget they played New Orleans on Popmart at the superdome. It was poorly attended, and the empty seats made for bad sound reverberation.

Oh yeah, that's right! Forgot about that!

Then they might actually come back for a arena show.....maybe.

The POPmart Charlotte show was officially cancelled due to the damaged vidi-wall.

That's the official word. They really struggled with that tour in smaller U.S. markets(except for Salt Lake City)

Last edited:
I wish they'd play Memphis or Nashville. As much as they admire those cities and the music history behind them, they should play there. Haven't played close to Nashville(Mufreesboro) since the JT third leg. [/B][/QUOTE] Oh yes, Nashville or Memphis--Please--I will never ask for anything else. I am hoping for Atlanta or Lexington.

Anu said:
They cannot avoid the south entirely, again! I love the idea of seeing them in Nashville, Knoxville, or Asheville. But with the Kings of Leon from Nashville, you'd think they'd come here, but no, and so I am driving or flying to Chicago at much personal expense (first the money, and then my family, who think I am crazy--:| )...
Yes! I am from Knoxville--they could easily fill Neyland Stadium---over 106,000.

winnipeg

They will visit Winnipeg, Canada on the third leg. They need to play some more Canadian dates. record sales were huge in Canada and we got screwed the first leg. so come to Winnipeg Canada U2.

Bono's Doll said:
Yes! I am from Knoxville--they could easily fill Neyland Stadium---over 106,000.

You're joking, right?

Only if they charged an average of about $5 they'd be able to sellout a venue of that size in a weak U2 Midwestern market like Knoxville. Realistically, if U2 ever played Knoxville, TN today, they'd play at Thompson-Boling Arena (24,000). And at today's prices ($90 average) it would be only around half full.

jedi Larry said:
They have never played Omaha. If they leave KC out it is a slight possibility. Never say never.

They never sold $40 key chains that came with a screwed up ticket pre-sale before either

Besides, Mr. Buffett is worth like a gazillion dollars and he and Bono are buddies.

My dream lives on, at least until the final date of the final leg in North America gets announced sometime later this year.

Back
Top Bottom