What time should I get in the GA line for Staples Center?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DCU2

Babyface
Anyone have any advice on what time I should get in the GA line at the Staples Center on the 5th? This is my first show at the Staples Center and I've never had any problems getting up close on the floor in Texas. However, after reading some GA stories out here in Cali., I figured I should ask your advice on that.

I was thinking around 2pm, too late?

Thanks for your responce!

DC

for the elevation tour, I got to staples around 9 AM and i was #270, but i had no trouble getting into the heart...I was like 2 or 3 people away from the stage. but with the new lottery system, i have no idea how it would work out this time.

You should still consider lining up early, because nothing guarantees you access to the ellipse, the later you arrive the further back in either line you're going to be, and while you still may get into the ellipse, the later you arrive the further back you're going to be on the floor.

I say all bets are off for this tour.

Quit your job, buy a tent and go ... NOW.

But don't be surprised if they board the plane from the back forward, or in this case, from the upper decks downward. Just wait, that'll be next.

Hey, thanks for responding, I guess I'm gonna get there ASAP for me (I'm a late riser) and risk it. I can't wait for the show! Hopefully, Bono will make me his stage girl for "With or Without You". A girl can dream can't she?:drool:

Now that the word of the lottery is out, you can get there much later and still be in good shape. Since I was in the GA line for SD1 and had several friends in line for SD2 I can give you some good examples.

For SD1 at 9:00am there were more than 400 people in line. At SD2 there were probably 400 people in line at 4:00pm.

For SD1 someone who got there at 6:00am was number 200. For SD2 someone who got there at 7:00am was number 81.

Hope that helps.

You're not in line yet???

The two line system and random selection for the elipse has cut down the need to show up much before the show.

I'd sure hate to be on the sidewalk down there all night long. What's wrong with noon? Even if you were person #50 or #100, you'd still get at the railing outside the ellipse, and you'd still have the 1/10 chance of inside the ellipse. And as a fanclub member, that line should be even better.

Thanks for the stats., that does help me a lot. I think I'll show anywhere from 10 to 12 and just try to flash my way to the front when the doors open.

Back
Top Bottom