Was Vegas 2 the best show of tour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobertoClemente

Babyface
I have only been to a few shows this tour. 2 anahiem in the spring, 1 LA in the spring, both fall LA shows, and both Vegas shows.

All the show seemed similar until Vegas 2. I mean, i loved every other show I saw, but VEGAS 2 seemed to be far and away the best show. The seltlist was so different and rockin'. Plus both Mary J Blige and Brandon Flowers.

I don't know. There are many people who have seen more show then me by far, and many were in Vegas who said afterwards it was the best.

What do you think?

I've been thinking about this since I left the Vegas 2 show. It's funny how walking down the Studio Walk at the MGM back to my room I was thinking about this ranking. After a couple days of contemplating I'd have to rank my shows so far like this:

Vegas 11/5
Boston 5/26
Vegas 11/4 (ranks this high because it was my only time in the Ellipse on the rail in front of Edge and a lot can be said for the excitement of that alone)
New York 10/7
New York 10/8
Barcelona 8/7
Boston 5/28
Dallas 10/29
Houston 10/28
San Diego 3/28 (a lot can be said about the excitement surrounding opening night)

The rest are kind of tied: 5/21, 5/22, 5/24, 8/9, 10/19, 10/20.

I'll be interested to see if any of my remaining shows can bump one out this top 10 list.

There is no way to judge unless you have been to every show. Setlist wise it appears to be a good one. There are others though that the setlist was equally impressive. It obviously was one of the better shows of the tour but to say any show was THE best is to subjective to say with any type of certainty.

I went to both Vegas shows and Vegas two was close to a religious experience. Vegas one I thought was actually quite weak, and perhaps they were trying to compensate with a great show on night two.

Really a great show. Also, gotta give it up for the crowd in Vegas. We're not always the loudest or craziest, but on this night, we were. Keep it up Vegas.

It's hard to not be biased about it. The shows I'd judge as the best were three of the shows I went to (Seattle 2, MSG 10/10 and Vegas 2).

Of those three, I think Vegas 2 is at the top of the list.

I have only been to 4 shows this tour (Anaheim 2, Phoenix 2, LV1 and 2), and to me, there really was no comparison between the shows - while all the other 3 were great shows (with LV1 being the weakest, but still really good) LV2 had the best set list by far. It was rocking the entire time. The audience was incredible, and Bono seemed to love it. As others have said, it was as close to a religious experience one could have at a rock concert.

I thought the crowd at LV1 started out really good too, but I think the setlist (which I loved, because I love acoustic), brought the level down quite a bit.

With LV2, I feel words truly cannot express how good the show was. Just put it this way - my husband wasn't able to go, and after the show I was heartbroken to know that he missed it. It was that good.

It is subjective, but we seem to agree.

I also noticed Bono did go off as much about the politics and such. Like it was more about the music then the message. He didn't say anything about Mrs. Sarejevo.

*gets goosse bumps*

THE BEST SHOW OF THE TOUR HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! Out of 9 shows. Words definitely cannot describe how earth shattering, amazing religious experience it was. It was my last show of the tour and it was the highlight and a great way to end it for me. I couldn't of asked for anything more.
I am sad that there are no more shows for me but so happy that the last one was so spectacular!

Rosa, I was in the same spot you were on LV1. Right in front of edge inside the ellipse..!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
THE BEST SHOW OF THE TOUR HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! Out of 9 shows. Words definitely cannot describe how earth shattering, amazing religious experience it was. It was my last show of the tour and it was the highlight and a great way to end it for me. I couldn't of asked for anything more.
I am sad that there are no more shows for me but so happy that the last one was so spectacular!

Rosa, I was in the same spot you were on LV1. Right in front of edge inside the ellipse..!

I thought I saw you there the second night :hyper: :wave:

RobertoClemente said:
I also noticed Bono did go off as much about the politics and such. Like it was more about the music then the message. He didn't say anything about Mrs. Sarejevo.

Yeah, that kind of freaked me out. There I was expecting the Miss Sarajevo story and all of sudden he says, "this is Miss Sarajevo" and goes into the song.

I was almost left wanting the story and then thought, nah....

ramblin rose said:
Vegas 11/4 (ranks this high because it was my only time in the Ellipse on the rail in front of Edge and a lot can be said for the excitement of that alone)

The Edge was fricken sweet, he is a stud, so I know what your talking about!!!
I went to 2 shows in San Diego and 2 in Anaheim almost a year ago, and the Vegas shows blew them away, they awakened my love for U2 again!!

out of the shows I went to, these are my favorite in order from best to worst:

1. TIE: Vegas 2 and Detroit 2.
3. Detroit 1
4. Anaheim 1
5. Spring Chicago 2
6. San Jose 1
7. Dallas
8. Vegas 1
9 Seattle 1
10: San Deigo 2
11 Spring Chicago 1
12: San Deigo 1

I've been to nine shows on this tour but there really was something about Vegas 2. I was at the front of the ellipse between Bono and Adam and at the end of it...a bunch of us turned to each other and said pretty much the same thing. All were blown away by the show...people that had seen 5, 10, 20, 40 shows on this tour.

Alicia186.jpg

Alicia208.jpg

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/corianderstem/Alicia195.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/corianderstem/Alicia162.jpg[/IMG]

I'm sure it was a great show and like I said, probably one of the best of the tour. I have trouble saying it had to be the best. Especially looking at the Dublin 3 setlist. That setlist, playing their hometown, not sure how you beat that.

I'm just happy I witnessed 2 of the best shows of the tour (Vegas 2 and Phoenix 2). Guess playing in a desert really pumps the guys up! Vegas 2 was surreal. Of the 8 U2 shows I've seen, that one was on another level due to a number of factors: Great setlist, the band was into it, special guests, the crowd was thunderous and Bad ended it all. And it's amazing how playing 5 Achtung Baby tunes makes a show that much better.

I think this would have been one perfomance in which playing Vertigo again would have sent the crowd home even happier - I almost thought they may because it took a while for the house lights to turn on - but I'm not complaining....

Chizip said:
where do you rank 9/21 u2rmw?

that one is in the top 5 or 6

I tend to confuse great shows with great videos

here is how i would rank mine

Vegas2
Phoenix1
Chicago 9/20
Phoenix2
Chicago 9/21
DC2
Anaheim2
LA 11/2

Honorable mentions to Philly 10/16 & 17, Minneapolis, LA 4/6, San Jose 4/10

I was disappointed by: 3/26 3/28 3/30 4/1 9/25

I was in the elipse for phx1 and dc2, maybe why they rank higher on the list

Last edited:
i honestly do feel truly blessed.

out of four shows i was able to see on this tour, i was at both phx 2 and vegas 2.

phx 2 was incredible, but vegas 2 was indescribable.

Philly 10/17...Bruce! It was already amazing, but Bruce kicked it over the top. After that I say 5/26 Boston, but I've only been to 4 (2 more to go...).

I only saw 2: Phoenix2 and LV2. How lucky am I????

I was front and center in the ellipse for LV2. I am not a religious or spiritual man, but this was about as spiritual as I have ever felt. Those who were around me know what I mean. We just kept lookin gat each other, WOW. Amazing stuff that I will never, ever, ever forget.

I think the closest way to describe it would be what I understand a Zen state to be like. For 2 hours the audience and the band became one and the rest of the world just melted away. We truly were ONE.

paulucla said:
I think the closest way to describe it would be what I understand a Zen state to be like. For 2 hours the audience and the band became one and the rest of the world just melted away. We truly were ONE.

Great way to put it! Personally, I have to say, this was my very favorite show. Because, during With Or Without You, Bono and I were as one :) I had been thinking to myself, how amazing it must be for those who get to be pulled up on stage to dance with him for this. There's no way I ever could, even if I were to get so lucky, because I am in a wheelchair. Suddenly, I see Bono leaning down, and reaching for my hand....I grasped it, and sat in shock as he sang to me. He even lay down on the stage, to sing to me! It was the most amazing, touching, wonderful moment, and I'll treasure it always.
I wasn't able to give him this painting I did, personally, but he did get it. I think that's why he sang to me. That made up for not being able to give it to him myself :)

Tam

Back
Top Bottom