Waldorf Astoria (New York in May)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1stOne

Refugee
Waldorf Astoria

Anyone staying at the Waldorf Astoria for the May New York concert?

No, but I'm staying there in October!:drool: I can't wait to see U2, and to see them in New York! Yippi! I live in Utah, so you can understand my excitement about going to New York!

It's actually not that great. Very dingy and essentially overpriced. Depends on what floor you get put on.

there's plenty of nice hotels in new york for a hell of a lot cheeper than the waldorf or the plaza or the ritz carlton. don't be fooled by name alone... the midtown sheraton and/or hilton, the millenium hilton, the grand hyatt, the hudson, etc. etc.... all very nice, all cheeper than the waldorf or the plaza.

Wasn't that expensive. Part of a 3 night package from UK. Don't expect to be spending much time in there. How far to walk to MSG please?

It's 2.5km from the Waldorf to MSG. It's a very lovely walk and lots of sights to see (landmarks, shopping and the general New York ambiance) so I'd recommend doing that to go to the show, but it might be a bit lengthy to walk back after the show. I'd recommend taking the 34 St/Penn Station subway from MSG/Macy's to 51st St. subway station. (You may need to change trains in between.) Otherwise the New York taxi service is actually quite efficient and relatively cheap (especially relative to the UK one! :wink: ) so that's another possibility.

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the information. I thought it was quite a lot further than that looking at the map. I'll probably be floating back after the show. You must know NY really well. Are you seeing them in Vancouver?

I had tickets to Vancouver but had to sell them because I'll be flying to London on the 28th! :-( I can't complain too much though - I'll be seeing them in Seattle on the 25th, and MSG on 10/8 and 10/10! It's my favorite city to travel to and I love talking to other people about it! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other questions. (melsbud@yahoo.com)

Back
Top Bottom