Vegas General Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish U2.com would release more presale codes for Prop. members--I got 2 GA's for both LA Shows for the 3rd leg--and now I can't use my code anymore--It would be cool if die-hards were given access to more than two shows, or cap it at 8 total tix instead of 4 total GA's.

Prop members are the most ardent long time fans and really should be given more than 4 Ga's total--I think 8 seems more fair--but I will say that Larry deserves credit for fixing the system--now all we need is access to more shows.

Tech said:
Well shock of my life today! I was going to look and see if I could tickets and you could if you wanted singles. Anyway they are all pretty expensive@:ohmy: Then my brother calls me and tells me he BOUGHT a ticket for this show!:scratch: I thought at first he was lying but he wasn't! So thanks to him I'm going to see them the 4th.:D I'm still in shock though. He got me a reserrved seat in section L11 row G. Is that any good? My stupid computer won't let me see anything? Guess I'm planning a trip to vegas.

L11 is a nice seat.

ultraviolet353 said:
I wish U2.com would release more presale codes for Prop. members--I got 2 GA's for both LA Shows for the 3rd leg--and now I can't use my code anymore--It would be cool if die-hards were given access to more than two shows, or cap it at 8 total tix instead of 4 total GA's.

Prop members are the most ardent long time fans and really should be given more than 4 Ga's total--I think 8 seems more fair--but I will say that Larry deserves credit for fixing the system--now all we need is access to more shows.

That would be cool! It would be even cooler if they hadn't "lost" so many Prop members so that I would've had my pre-sale code!!! Or if they would open up this 11/5 show so I could have the slimmest chance at GAs! Yes, I'm feeling a bit bitter... but I won't be when I finally get tix :wink:

iPod said:

L11 is a nice seat.

:lol: how there's always someone that has the best seats and has no clue and comes to ask. I think it could be a silly way of bragging for some people.

I'm not bitter at all--I am actually psyched--I have 2 GA's for each Staples show in Nov.--I also think that since the Vegas show will mostly be out of towners--they could make an exception and do one more presale eligible code specifically for Vegas--the reasoning is that most of us have used the codes up on our hometowns.

Hey Dapp, for your information this is the 1ST time I've done this because I don't know the MGM grand, I can't see any maps on my comp. and I'm not bragging just asking a simple ?. Does that bother u? Anyway, thanks ipod for answering my simple, silly guestion. Now all I have to do is go have lunch with my brother and kiss his butt for being nice:bump:

I knew it would happen and it did...I realize that out of towners would be tickets to Vegas; hell, I'm an out of towner...but when those f-----g out of towners buy and then immediately list them on Ebay in a 1-day sale, that's when I get pissed.....PRICKS!!!

:mad:

you know what I hate about those high rollers in the first rows, they leave. They take up the best view in the arena, they stand there for a while usually blabbing through the songs, and then they leave, usually before it's even halfway through a show. So when they leave in Vegas from the seats, we'll all just move down into them. Some of them will be in the oval and they'll leave from there too probably after they hear a "hit" because they won't know any other U2 songs except Streets.

I remember the T&M center as being an incredibly enthusiastic U2 crowd, so will the MGM. Those comped high rollers won't be in the GA outside the oval.

When does Nov. 5 go on sale? I keep calling them, and they keep saying "not yet."

Tech said:
Hey Dapp, for your information this is the 1ST time I've done this because I don't know the MGM grand, I can't see any maps on my comp. and I'm not bragging just asking a simple ?. Does that bother u? Anyway, thanks ipod for answering my simple, silly guestion. Now all I have to do is go have lunch with my brother and kiss his butt for being nice:bump:

Your welcome...if you can't see a map, your on the first level of stands off the floor...roughly 2/3 of the way back - facing the stage you'll be on the left side of it...should be ok. It's better than what I got....I'm pretty darn high...immediately to the side of the stage (L216)....but even at that it's better than what others got....enjoy the show

the MGM just said it's doubtful they'll put up Nov. 5 today, but that there is definitely a Sat. Nov. 5 show. She said it sold out in less than 30 mins. all the tkts for Fri. Now that means getting another migraine through this again, and having to check constantly when Nov. 5 goes on sale?

Tech said:
Well shock of my life today! I was going to look and see if I could tickets and you could if you wanted singles. Anyway they are all pretty expensive@:ohmy: Then my brother calls me and tells me he BOUGHT a ticket for this show!:scratch: I thought at first he was lying but he wasn't! So thanks to him I'm going to see them the 4th.:D I'm still in shock though. He got me a reserrved seat in section L11 row G. Is that any good? My stupid computer won't let me see anything? Guess I'm planning a trip to vegas.

You're looking good there buddy - lucky you!

it's 1:30pm here in S.Calif. and I couldn't get in at all for any '2' ticket combos this morning. Singles occasionally came up, but they were costly and I threw them back in . I just got a 208L Row C single seat to come up for $196 with all the TM 'fees' included. What a frickin' ripoff! For that much I was already on the floor in LA and Anaheim (LA 2 about 4-5 deep on the rail). I'm spoiled now. I love the energy of the floor. What to do, what to do....

u2girlcj said:
:madspit: Ticketmaster :madspit:

CURSES to you ticketmaster, Curses! for never admitting a show is sold out, for never informing people which price levels are sold out/nearly sold out/readily available.

Curses to you for charging me "Convenience charges"

An "Inconvenience charge" I would happily pay, because I can't think of any other consumer transactions I make that are so inconvenient....but convenience? :lol: HA!

*finishes rant and goes back to refresh ticketmaster page*

:applaud:

iPod said:
Ticketmaster.com has the 11/5 show up - tickets go on sale 10:00 AM on April 16...I don't see anything about a pre-sale...yet anyway

Great, thanks. Honestly, I might skip Ticketmaster all together and just to straight to ETS for this one.

ramblin rose said:

Great, thanks. Honestly, I might skip Ticketmaster all together and just to straight to ETS for this one.

How is ETS to work with? Are the prices that much higher?

I'm bummed because I was only able to purchase 1 ticket on the pre-sale to the show I already attended. I never got to buy a second ticket. I believe the rules or 'faqs' stating you could buy 2 tickets to any one show. Why can't I buy 1 more ticket to one more show. Waaaaaaaa:sad:

iPod said:

Not bad, but the GA ticket packages sell out pretty quickly, it's $149 and comes with a pre-concert party, give aways blah blah.

I bought 1 this morning after I only got 1 GA in the general sale and I needed 2. I checked a little while ago and the GA packages for the 1st show have already sold out.

iPod said:

The GA ticket package was $149 per ticket...but that is now sold out:(

$219 and $329 packges for seats are still available.

thanks for that, so the answer is yes, another Sat. morning migraine next Sat. TM finally sent me an email that if you're a former Prop member who has used your code twice, you cannot do any more tkts, despite what U2.com said in their email. Because did it not say that Prop members could again buy 2 tkts even if they had used their code twice?

Ooops, Ramblin Roses post wasn't there when I looked...I don't think I took 4 mins. to type that post, though:huh:

paultjr said:
Since MGM is probably holding a vast majority of tix for upscale clients, I think it's safe to say this may be the worst crowd ever assembled for a U2 gig. Doubtful the true U2 fans will be part of this clientele base.

i hope not... this is the only show i got tickets to, id hate to see a lousy crowd! :ohmy:

I hope it's me and 19,000 HOOKERS singing the lyrics to Elevation, bouncing up and down....

:drool:

Last edited:
Tech said:
sorry Tech.. it's called Envy. :(

You know what guys, I saw U2 live in Vegas for the Elevation tour (they played at the Thomas and Mack Center cause Britney was playing at the MGM). To be honest the Vegas shows are not the best... they have a high profile crowd (business men, celebrities) that are not real U2 fans...

I still got tickets for 11/4 (behind the stage) cause it looks like they are not coming to Phoenix...

First I have to see them this thursday in Glendale Arena.

Basically saying to all those who did not get tickets for Vegas, its no big deal!

Back
Top Bottom