U2 touring in North America in 2006!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So your "theory" was unfounded afterall. I was sure that if there was a GA ban we would have known about it. Thanks for admitting you were wrong.

As per Green Day I said late 90s because, as I stated previously, I am not a human archive of concert dates and have better things to do than look them up. But it doesn't matter, there was never a ban.

Any other theories?

U2FanPeter said:
Dear Peter,

There has never been a restriction for GA floors at Rexall Place. The number of attendees to the floor is controlled by the Fire Marshall and through wrist banding plus tickets we control these numbers.

Since 1996 and up to 2002 there have GA floor shows for Green Day in '95, The Tragically Hip in '96, Metallica in '97, Korn in '00, Nickelback in '02 and so on.

I don't believe the set-up has a bearing on shows you mention or U2.

Thank you

Gerry Stoll

Booking Manager

Rexall Place

GibsonGirl said:

Screw Winnipeg, come to St. John's!

It'll never happen, but one can only dream. :(

Yes, probably not. But didn't you just sell out a Pearl Jam show? Rock on! I am pumped for PJ in E-Town!

U2 will likely add 3 or 4 shows to the fall 3rd leg tour of North America. Tickets will probably go on sale in August.

BBBad11 said:

Yes, probably not. But didn't you just sell out a Pearl Jam show? Rock on! I am pumped for PJ in E-Town!

I don't like Pearl Jam very much, so I'm not going. :(

Besides, I don't think Mile One stadium is big enough for U2. :wink: The capacity is actually laughable, so we could never have a big act here. Unless it was an outdoor concert, that is.

STING2 said:
U2 will likely add 3 or 4 shows to the fall 3rd leg tour of North America. Tickets will probably go on sale in August.

Whats this based on? do you know anything for sure or are you just saying what you think?

thetitans2k said:

Whats this based on? do you know anything for sure or are you just saying what you think?

Thats what I think. The band have the space to do the shows, plus if the do not, they will be 5 million dollars short of Grossing $300 million dollars for the year.

STING2 said:

Thats what I think. The band have the space to do the shows, plus if the do not, they will be 5 million dollars short of Grossing $300 million dollars for the year.

my fingers are crossed for this.

I'm actually kind of hoping they don't add an additional North American leg in 2006. Too much temptation! I've spent enough money already!

I think some other Continents deserve to share in the Vertigo tour madness!

No offence guys but I think Australia, South America and other countries deserve to hear this amazing band live. Unlike you I dont have the ability to see 5-10 U2 concerts, let alone even one unless they actually come this time.

I just am so frustrated waiting to hear news about the tour....

god i wish i lived in europe, you could go to 20 concerts in an area the size of victoria. imagine that?!?!

as it is i am DEF going to EVERY aust date as well as NZ if they go (and by god i hope they go, NZ deserve to see them too!)

fingers crossed for south africa and south america. THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE IS DYING FOR U2 LOVIN.......

hahahha

Well what about the huge gap in Canada they skipped??? Sure Boston gets 5 shows but there isn't a single show to speak of in the gap between Vancouver and Toronto. Only about 2/3 the width of the continent, a few thousand km, how easy is that to miss?? Edmonton, Calgary, and Winnipeg have all produced great sellouts at previous shows on previous tours. IS IT FAIR THAT CITIES CRAMMED TOGETHER IN THE EAST LIKE BOSTON, PHILLY, NEW YORK, CHICAGO, ETC GET SO MANY SHOWS WHEN HALF A COUNTRY OF TRUE FANS MISS OUT???

WE NEED U2!!!

Yes, it is. If you consider that only 31 million people live in Canada TOTAL. The population of ONLY New York State and Pennsylvania together is more than that. Include New Jersey, Conneticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts you get over 51 million people.

BBBad11 said:
Well what about the huge gap in Canada they skipped??? Sure Boston gets 5 shows but there isn't a single show to speak of in the gap between Vancouver and Toronto. Only about 2/3 the width of the continent, a few thousand km, how easy is that to miss?? Edmonton, Calgary, and Winnipeg have all produced great sellouts at previous shows on previous tours. IS IT FAIR THAT CITIES CRAMMED TOGETHER IN THE EAST LIKE BOSTON, PHILLY, NEW YORK, CHICAGO, ETC GET SO MANY SHOWS WHEN HALF A COUNTRY OF TRUE FANS MISS OUT???

WE NEED U2!!!

We've got like 22 million people in Texas and we're only getting two shows total. Add to that the surrounding states getting no shows at all and you've got A LOT of people and just the Dallas and Houston shows.

Just means have to pay for airfare, hotel, etc to see the boys in concert.

U2FanPeter said:
Have Winnipeg and Edmonton ever sold a rock concert with $100+ tickets?

u2fp

Oh, its you again with more "theories". Yeah Edmonton has been known to balk at high ticket prices but $100 is not high. We shunned $150 tickets for some lame shows but U2 is definately the exception. Tickets for PopMart were $65 in 1997. Throw inflation into the mix and we're at $100.
And why does a band need to charge more than $100 anyways??? I just paid $65+ for Pearl Jam tickets without blinking an eye, as did 16000 others.

And yes Canada has a sparse population and it could be argued that Boston and New York can support 5 shows. But keep in mind that people will, and have travelled to see U2 shows but they are not willing to cross the continent to see them. All we ask for is one show somewhere in the middle to make us happy. We're not asking for 5, just one.

BBBad11 said:

<<We shunned $150 tickets for some lame shows but U2 is definately the exception.>>

Is Springsteen a lame show?
I attended the 2003 Van/Calgary/Edm shows and the first 2 were virtually full, but Edm was about 60% full. Tickets were CDN$120 and a $70 cheap seat discount a week before the show.

That said, George Strait played 4-5 shows in Calgary/Edmonton last year with top tickets at $100.

Also, since there was no hockey season - many people might have an extra $100 kicking around.

BBBad11, how many U2 arena shows would you book in prairie Canada?

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
BBBad11 said:

That said, George Strait played 4-5 shows in Calgary/Edmonton last year with top tickets at $100.

Also, since there was no hockey season - many people might have an extra $100 kicking around.

BBBad11, how many U2 arena shows would you book in prairie Canada?

u2fp

George Strait = LAME SHOW!
Eagles = LAME SHOW
Springsteen is not lame but not worth $150 (I would have went if ticket prices were reasonable).
U2 draws the crowds, young and old, whereas Springsteen has no appeal to younger audiences.

Edmonton filled the stadium two nights straight in 1997 for U2
Winnipeg filled their stadium for U2 in 1997
Calgary filled their arena two nights straight in 2001.

We would sell out any and all U2 shows, I guarantee it!!! If they in fact do announce a show just wait and see. This is not some lame theory like your "Edmonton has a GA ban" theory, this is a given! And why are you so negative anyways??? Seems that anything anyone says you need to put in your negative remarks, and most of your remarks have no factual validity anyways.

It boils down to this...no band can charge $150 for a show and expect people to line up in prairie Canada, I don't care who you are. Charge under $100 in any of those 3 cities and we will sell it out, guaranteed, and beg for a second show. So why charge $100 per ticket for one sold out show and make 1.6 Million when you can charge $70 per ticket for two sold out shows and make 2.24 million? Is the band too lazy to play an extra night for 2 hours? You can't tell me a second show wouldn't be worth the costs, if Boston can have 5, praire Canada can have 2.

All kinds of bands come through here in the arena charging up to $100 and sell out, want a list?

Green Day, Velvet Revolver, Motley Crue, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Tragically Hip, etc etc etc. Not to mention the upcoming Pearl Jam show that charged $65+ per ticket and sold out almost immediately!

So my answer to your (yet again) negative question is YES, I WOULD BOOK A SHOW IN PRARIE CANADA BECAUSE I WOULD NOT BE GREEDY AND TRY TO MILK THE FANS FOR MORE MONEY THAN THE BAND IS WORTH!!!

Last edited:
well said i dont care that east coast USA has a bigger population. We have enough people in prarie Canada to for sure sell out shows in Calgary and one in Winnipeg.

George Strait played Canada :huh:

That guy lives in my hometown of San Antonio. Anyway, next time anyone sees or meets Bono tell him the US wants a stadium show :wink:

Being just 1/5 hours from Philadelphia, I have no reason to complain about lack of shows, but I do understand your complaints. I think it would be a totally awesome move for U2 to swing back to North America again in '06, play maybe half the number of shows in the East US, play some more in Texas and the west, and play a half dozen or more shows in Canada. Maybe at the very end of the tour they could even visit Mexico and South America for a short while. I think that's fair.

Back
Top Bottom