u2 to play another concert in Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im going to try and get Sydney tickets, cause at the moment i only have tickets to Brisbane

i have to say i am so relived and excited by the announcement of second concerts
:dancing:

i still cant believe i am finally going to see U2 live... this has been my dream for ages....

I will be aiming for both nights in sydney - already booked the accomodation - now just need tickets for the 2nd night !! YAY!!! :hyper:

I might hit both nights in Auckland (but the second with seats) as it seems the rugby is conviniently timed at 5:30 giving me plenty of time to catch the main act. :drool:

Sydney II I can take or leave, I don't know how much the "last show of the leg" really matters anymore and if Sydney are going to get a better show it will be on the first night where we might get some throwback to ZooTV whereas the last night will be Vertigo X3.

Plenty of time to think about it.

Last edited:
Is it true that Telstra Stadium won't be letting people queue up overnight? If so, that takes alot of the pressure off, especially if people are G.A.ing both nights.

Hawkmoon26969 said:
Is it true that Telstra Stadium won't be letting people queue up overnight? If so, that takes alot of the pressure off, especially if people are G.A.ing both nights.

i hope people are allowed to line up overnight. it sounds like fun to me.... it's a bit weird if they say people can't line up until a certain time because people will be there anyway, waiting for that time so they can be first. and if a thousand zillion people got there at one time, it would be terrible. you can't really say 'well i got here first' if everyone got there at the same time.

if you're there first, i think you should get in first.

i wasn't even planning on getting accommodation lololol

sokki said:

i hope people are allowed to line up overnight. it sounds like fun to me.... it's a bit weird if they say people can't line up until a certain time because people will be there anyway, waiting for that time so they can be first. and if a thousand zillion people got there at one time, it would be terrible. you can't really say 'well i got here first' if everyone got there at the same time.

if you're there first, i think you should get in first.

i wasn't even planning on getting accommodation lololol

That's the thing - the place is manned by security guards 24/7. From what I've been told, if people try to line up overnight, they'll be asked (and then forced) to move on.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously this is just for Sydney, I'm sure the other venues have different policies.

Hawkmoon26969 said:

That's the thing - the place is manned by security guards 24/7. From what I've been told, if people try to line up overnight, they'll be asked (and then forced) to move on.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously this is just for Sydney, I'm sure the other venues have different policies.

i heard something about people can't line up until 7 am... but i don't know if that was sydney or not...

i wonder if we'll have that numbered wristband thing here.

There's no way you'd just be able to wander around Olympic Park doing your own thing overnight. Security is very heavy there, especially with a major event the following day. I think the best thing you could hope for is a planned, reserved area for camping out on the night before somewhere near the perimeter of the whole complex, and being allowed up to the stadium gates in the morning. They certainly won't let there be up to 15 different camping groups scattered immediately around the stadium, with how many others arriving at all times of the night. Unfortunately, and rightly or wrongly, Sydney has the terror jitters.

i just rang ticketek in myer chermside (brisbane) and they will open at 8am on monday in line with myer's extended christmas trading hours.

hence...we dont miss out on that first hour of ticket sales down south. hence...i dont have to travel to nsw to get there on time. hence...i should get tickets for the second sydney show quite easily!! :drool:

just want to know is u2 having a second concert in melbourne in melbourne? like a few other people i missed out on tickets too

Back
Top Bottom