U2 definite for Soldier Field!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Funksoul

Babyface
My girlfriend works in the skyboxes at Soldier Field and after the game yesterday (which i would prefer no to talk about) they asked her if she would be willing to work 3 events over the summer. One is Elton John as part of the Gay Games (not kidding) and 2 U2 shows in June, they were just not sure on which weekend yet. Good news for Chicago!!!

cheers,
ryan

Funksoul said:
One is Elton John as part of the Gay Games

elton john + gay games sounds :drool: worthy...

don't believe the U2 thing though... they better get back in the studio and record some new material!! :angry: :wink:

Funksoul said:
My girlfriend works in the skyboxes at Soldier Field and after the game yesterday (which i would prefer no to talk about) they asked her if she would be willing to work 3 events over the summer. One is Elton John as part of the Gay Games (not kidding) and 2 U2 shows in June, they were just not sure on which weekend yet. Good news for Chicago!!!

cheers,
ryan

Yes, U2 is (was?) holding those dates as a part of their route, but all indications are that they've nixed those plans, and will end the tour in Hawaii.

We heard all these same rumors after the Elevation tour

And i find it hard to believe they would ask your gf 5 months in advance to work an assignment that isnt even confirmed

But we always love when people with 3 post come in here spreading rumors

*books flight for Chicago*

Re: Re: U2 definite for Soldier Field!

*Ally* said:

don't believe the U2 thing though... they better get back in the studio and record some new material!! :angry: :wink:

:up:

new record - then Soldiers Field

I think U2 reserved the bookings on the off chance they wanted to do another leg in the US but from all counts it appears the Hawaii will end the Vertigo Tour

Re: Re: Re: U2 definite for Soldier Field!

nurse chrissi said:

:up:

new record - then Soldiers Field

I think U2 reserved the bookings on the off chance they wanted to do another leg in the US but from all counts it appears the Hawaii will end the Vertigo Tour
Wouldn't it be cool if the new record was already done (Mercy, etc...), and there really is a summer stadium tour, and they debuted a whole bunch of new songs from the new album in Hawaii? :hyper:

Yes, I've been consuming beverages tonight.

I actually got offered a job working at Ralph Wilson Stadium (Buffalo) for 3 U2 shows this summer. I've never worked there before, but I guess they were finding it hard to get people to work there on such short notice!

3 shows: awesome!!!!!

I wonder what other stadium shows they'll be doing :hmm:

Wow...what fun fantasizing...

3 shows at Ralph Wilson Stadium...

I'd take the whole family and the jealous neighbor ("Mrs. K. I can't believe you got to see U2 twice!! :ohmy:")...or would I wait until the Fenway Park gig and only bring my oldest?? :hmm:

I really think they're a bit tired of touring and we certainly wouldn't want them to burn out :hug: :combust:.

Last edited:
u2rulesmyworld said:
We heard all these same rumors after the Elevation tour

And i find it hard to believe they would ask your gf 5 months in advance to work an assignment that isnt even confirmed

But we always love when people with 3 post come in here spreading rumors

*books flight for Chicago*

Well seeing as the football season is over and the next home bears game is in August it does not seem to far fetched that an employer would mention that there will be a couple of events in between now and then.

Whether it turns out to be true or not is yet to be seen i guess, but it is a fact that the catering company that serves the sky suites is still, as of 1/15/06, working under the assumption that there will be two U2 shows in June.

Perhaps I could have not used the word "definite" in my post title and perhaps you could offer me a little more respect. The fact that I have only posted on this website 3 times should not automatically default all of my posts to irrelevant. I have no interest in spreading rumors about U2. To be honest, U2 is my second favorite band to Dave Matthews Band...and I post on fan websites frequently there. I understand how it can be frustrating when a "newbie" posts a friend of a friend of a friend heard this or that. My girlfriend is 28 years old what she heard is a fact, whether it turns out to be true or not remains to be seen. I am not new to these boards I just don't feel the need to post very often. You can spare the sarcasm and the ticket to Chicago...please.

ryan

zoopop said:
I wonder if the Grammies will have anything to do w/ U2 doing US Stadiums?

Good one zoopop, I was thinking the same thing. It seems like U2 always like to keep their alternatives open. Yes, it does look like they are ready to stop touring , but if they win album of the year things may change from a business standpoint: Interest in the album would spike (and this would not be from the diehards but a new audience) and they would likely issue a new single/radio track (Miracle Drug?) in the U.S. or reissue a previously released track (push harder for Original or restart City of Blinding Lights). A tour would not be inconceivable at this point, especially if they already have the dates booked.

Of course, this has been my wet dream for months now so I may be biased.

sami0201 said:
Are U2 even going to be at the Grammys?

I bet they will. The Grammys only just announced the first three performers (Kanye West, John Legend and Mariah Carey) two days ago, there will definitely be more announced in the coming two weeks.

Funksoul said:

Well seeing as the football season is over and the next home bears game is in August it does not seem to far fetched that an employer would mention that there will be a couple of events in between now and then.

Whether it turns out to be true or not is yet to be seen i guess, but it is a fact that the catering company that serves the sky suites is still, as of 1/15/06, working under the assumption that there will be two U2 shows in June.

Perhaps I could have not used the word "definite" in my post title and perhaps you could offer me a little more respect. The fact that I have only posted on this website 3 times should not automatically default all of my posts to irrelevant. I have no interest in spreading rumors about U2. To be honest, U2 is my second favorite band to Dave Matthews Band...and I post on fan websites frequently there. I understand how it can be frustrating when a "newbie" posts a friend of a friend of a friend heard this or that. My girlfriend is 28 years old what she heard is a fact, whether it turns out to be true or not remains to be seen. I am not new to these boards I just don't feel the need to post very often. You can spare the sarcasm and the ticket to Chicago...please.

ryan

Welcome to the board! People get a little testy around here because this type of stuff gets posted all the time. Some can just be jerks with new people. I have no problem believing your girlfriend was asked/told what you say. The reason I say that is because it is known that the band thought of doing some stadium shows this summer in N. America and held dates at alot of stadiums for this summer. Word is though that they are not going to exercise their option to use their reservations and the tour will end in Hawaii. So U2 at Soldier Field is unlikely. They could change their mind but based on what Edge said recently in the Rolling Stone interview odds are greatly against further shows in N. America (other than Hawaii :laugh:) on this tour.

Blue Room said:

Welcome to the board! People get a little testy around here because this type of stuff gets posted all the time. Some can just be jerks with new people. I have no problem believing your girlfriend was asked/told what you say. The reason I say that is because it is known that the band thought of doing some stadium shows this summer in N. America and held dates at alot of stadiums for this summer. Word is though that they are not going to exercise their option to use their reservations and the tour will end in Hawaii. So U2 at Soldier Field is unlikely. They could change their mind but based on what Edge said recently in the Rolling Stone interview odds are greatly against further shows in N. America (other than Hawaii :laugh:) on this tour.

Thanks for being more cordial. It just baffles me that one could be such a huge fan of a band that promotes a message of tolerance and not exhibit any of that themselves. Hopefully I find more people like yourself on these boards in the future!

cheers,
ryan

sami0201 said:
Are U2 even going to be at the Grammys?

Being as they have jet-setted around the globe for years and they DO have Vertigo Air at their disposal I'd say it's a good chance they WILL be there....especially since they are still on tour. Bono is in DC Feb 3rd...when is their first show, Feb 20th or somesuch? I'm willing to bet at the very least Bono and Edge are there. Now I wonder if they'll be PERFORMING at the Grammy's....:drool:

Funksoul said:

ryan

Yeah, sometimes it feels a little "clicky" in here...:wink:

westendgirl said:
Since when are the Grammys relevant to anything, ever?

Check out how many copies are sold by the artist who win at the awards show the following week and you'll see just how relevant the Grammy awards are.

yes grammy winners and performers tend to get a sales boost after the show... all that you can't leave behind jumped into the top 25 a year after it's release following the grammys... but is a temporary 2 week boost in sales really enough for them to scrap their ideas and go back out to do stadiums in north america?

i sure hope so, but i doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom