U2 confirmed in Brazil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Irish band U2 closed contract to make two shows in Brazil in 2006. The dates are marked: days 21 and 22 of February of the next year.

Who goes to bring the band to the country is the entrepreneur Luiz Niemeyer Oscar, of Rio De Janeiro - it exactly that it will bring Rolling Stones for national lands, also in February.

For the time being, one knows that one of shows will be in São Paulo. Although the place still goes to be defined, the most likely one is that it is in the stadium of the Morumbi. To another presentation in it is opened, but it must be reserved for the River.

Led for Bono Vox, the U2 was in Brazil two times. The first ticket, in 1998, had three shows, two in São Paulo and one in Rio De Janeiro. The second trip, in November of 2000, did not have presentations - it group participated of programs of TV for spreading of "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and recorded a clip in the streets of the River.

The next presentations in Brazil are part of turnê "Vertigo", launched in the end of passed March, the United States, and idealized to promote the COMPACT DISC "How You the Dismantle An Atomic Bomb", launched in November of 2004.

Latin America appears in the map of turnê after almost 30 shows in the North America and plus some sets of ten in the Europe. With 11 records and 25 years of career, the group vendeu 120 million copies more than.

Shy, I will see you there!! My girlfriend is Paulista also. She is crying with this news. She came here to visit me at the start of this tour and we were able to see the first 8 shows of the tour, including the dress rehearsal. Now it's my time to go visit her and see U2 in her country. Another amazing thing is that the Rolling Stones will be playing there at the same time, so we will be able to see both of these amazing bands.

Should this be regarded as official in any way right now, or should we wait until U2.com confirms it?

Still, this obviously shows that U2 are having more fun this tour than last tour. Must be all those Boy songs! :wink:

It´s not official, but ít´s from a reliable source, so it´s something...and enough for people here to start freaking out. Me included :D

MT

It has also been rumored that an Argentine entrepreneur is now negotiating with U2 management to bring the band right after Brazil... :up:

I totally want to come over for this. I have worked the past year for a firm that owns realty all over Brazil and here's my chance to see and the most fantastic band ever......
yeah.......
and maybe I can expense some.... yippeeee

this is so exciting! I hope they play several other shows throughout South America (and Mexico). Wasnt Peru even rumored? :ohmy:

How many people do those stadiums hold? 2 dates doesn't seem like that much (esp considering it entails dragging that hugeass stage to that area of the world)

U2@NYC said:
It has also been rumored that an Argentine entrepreneur is now negotiating with U2 management to bring the band right after Brazil... :up:

it looks like NOT A DAMN GUY IN THIS (MY) FUCKING COUNTRY IS MOVING!!!!!! :rant: :angry: :sad:

those 3 emoticons will join me until Chile IS ANNOUNCED... if not... and you don't see me anymore here, is because I hang myself... but I'll die happy... hearing Mercy and Acrobat :drool:

VertigoGal said:
this is so exciting! I hope they play several other shows throughout South America (and Mexico). Wasnt Peru even rumored? :ohmy:

How many people do those stadiums hold? 2 dates doesn't seem like that much (esp considering it entails dragging that hugeass stage to that area of the world)

Morumbi in Sao Paulo should accomodate at least 80,000 per night. For Popmart some reports suggest they had as many as 100,000 people for each night there.

If they play Maracana in Rio, it is the worlds largest stadium. In 1990 Paul McCartney played 2 shows there and drew 184,000 to one of them and around 135,000 to the other.

For Mexico City, Foro Sol should hold around 45,000-50,000 per night.

Paul McGuiness and the boys appeared on tv in Brasil a few months back and suggested they wanted to use an unusual venue for Rio. They mentioned the possibility of doing the show on water, perhaps performing on an oil drilling platform.

Rio is already set to have the Rolling Stones play a free show on Copacabana beach, so they may get another unusual show with U2.

Halup said:

If they play Maracana in Rio, it is the worlds largest stadium. In 1990 Paul McCartney played 2 shows there and drew 184,000 to one of them and around 135,000 to the other.

Bono said in 1998, after the concert in Rio was moved from Maracanã to Nelson Piquet Autodrome: "next time we´ll play Maracanã". They came back in 2000, but there were no concerts, as they were only promoting ATYCLB. So I guess this is the next time he refered to. I hope so. It would be beyond amazing to see U2 in such legendary stadium.

MT

Back
Top Bottom