U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

500+ posts and 10 days after U2.com's announcement and we're still waiting. Hints point towards an announcement in the next 24 hours - or do they? Hints point towards extra dates - or do they?

All, it seems, will be revealed in U2.com's sweet little time.

So let's continue our discussion ...

The state of rumours for those just joining us. The following are all rumoured:

- 8 weeks of Vertigo ending in mid-December.
- Australian dates between 6-19 November.
- Sydney on 10, 11, possibly 13 November.
- Melbourne in the third week of November.
- Auckland on 24, 25 November.
- Tokyo Dome on 14, 15 December.
- Hawaii on either 9 or 31 December. Last show of tour?

And something on the U2.com forums is apparently flashing -24, which hopefully implies an announcement in less than 24 hours.

Last edited:
Re: U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

Axver said:
500+ posts and 10 days after U2.com's announcement and we're still waiting. Hints point towards an announcement in the next 24 hours - or do they? Hints point towards extra dates - or do they?

All, it seems, will be revealed in U2.com's sweet little time.

So let's continue our discussion ...

I wouldn't say the hints are valid enough for us to say that. I guess I would agree with "or do they?"

Realistically, there is no reason to expect it. The delay wouldn't be caused by it necessarily, because they would have known this and been planning it along side the other dates.

Well, -24 you say? Hours, we're assuming... My second guess for the announcement was Friday Aussie time, but it seems like that would be kinda early for most of the cities this would pertain to, isn't it?

U2dork said:
Well, -24 you say? Hours, we're assuming... My second guess for the announcement was Friday Aussie time, but it seems like that would be kinda early for most of the cities this would pertain to, isn't it?

I wonder: if the -24 does indeed refer to hours, is it intended to be an accurate countdown, or just another piece of vagueness from U2.com?

I guess we'll find out if it changes to -23. But as it stands, it's just past 7am here in Australia, so if it ends around this time tomorrow, then I suppose the news will be out for the morning rush hour? :shrug:

U2dork said:

With the handling of things, it would be likely based on Irish times. :huh:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Lila64

what she said^ :wave:
[/QUOTE]

Hey Lila :hug: At some point, somehow, we'll see each other in Hawaii...

Axver said:

I wonder: if the -24 does indeed refer to hours, is it intended to be an accurate countdown, or just another piece of vagueness from U2.com?

I guess we'll find out if it changes to -23. But as it stands, it's just past 7am here in Australia, so if it ends around this time tomorrow, then I suppose the news will be out for the morning rush hour? :shrug:

I'm putting my money on another piece of vagueness. But what do I know?! :D This waiting is getting aggravating. Hopefully the good news will come soon.

sami0201 said:

:hmm:
-they are playing a stadium show in the 24th north american state to enter the union (Missouri).

-they will perform 24 songs in the setlist

-24 days until everyone's rescheduled airfares expire ( :yikes: )

kellyahern said:

Which one of us is playing Jack Bauer? :hmm:

Jack Bauer will join U2 on stage for the 24th song of each concert.

ruffian said:

:hmm:
-they are playing a stadium show in the 24th north american state to enter the union (Missouri).

-they will perform 24 songs in the setlist

-24 days until everyone's rescheduled airfares expire ( :yikes: )

24 days until the next announcement that the dates are coming in a week, that they are working really hard, and they thank you for your patience

phillyfan26 said:

24 days until the next announcement that the dates are coming in a week, that they are working really hard, and they thank you for your patience

:lmao:

phillyfan26 said:
that they are working really hard

U2.COM: RUN BY LAZY BLOODY AUCKLANDERS

U2comsucks.jpg

Axver said:

U2.COM: RUN BY LAZY BLOODY AUCKLANDERS

U2comsucks.jpg

never fear, u2.com apologizes for the delay, thanks you for your patience, and assures they are working very hard :shifty:

adrball said:
-24??? the score out of 5 that u2.com deserve for their handling of this.

:up:

Has it moved from -24 yet?
we may be just hours away from another 'sit tight folks' announcement :hyper: ! :|

phillyfan26 said:
where is the -24 anyway?

and what is zootician???

:huh: :huh: :huh:

It's in the subscriber section on the U2.com forum.
Zootician is a moderator on that site who apparently has been messing with people lately...

I don't know if these affects anything, but the Stones are coming back to the states this fall to play 10-12 stadium shows. These shows could push the Stones over U2 as top grossing tour.

COME ON U2, don't let the Stones beat you by playing the same 12-16 warhorses every tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom