U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh okay so this is Day 9 :| Maybe they haven't noticed in their story that there was a typo and they really meant to say "within the next month".

It could happen. :huh:

This is a farce. I think they have the information. Quite frankly, the PR and communication is just dreadful here and the people who run U2.com should not only be ashamed of themselves, but fired. Hacks, the lot of them.

Why am I starting to get the sneaking suspicion that the announcement is now just going to feel like an anti-climax? We've had our anticipation built up so much ...

Axver said:
This is a farce. I think they have the information. Quite frankly, the PR and communication is just dreadful here and the people who run U2.com should not only be ashamed of themselves, but fired. Hacks, the lot of them.

Why am I starting to get the sneaking suspicion that the announcement is now just going to feel like an anti-climax? We've had our anticipation built up so much ...

Ive got that feeling too :|

This is beyond the ridiculous, argh!

Be patient children, we are almost there...:)

To me they are still within that time frame of the NEXT week. If they had said 'within the week' then I think they would be late.

I'd say we'll know either tomorrow or Sunday.

Bono once said that an announcement on new dates would be "tomorrow", and we all know how long it's been since then.

A week is surely much longer.... plus there's an awful lot of interest as is evident by this post, and no doubt many many people visiting U2.com at the moment. Plenty of publicity for the band and the site, and there's no such thing as bad publicity.

bono_man said:
Be patient children, we are almost there...:)

To me they are still within that time frame of the NEXT week. If they had said 'within the week' then I think they would be late.

I'd say we'll know either tomorrow or Sunday.

The way they worded it, they could've meant either last week or this week, though I think the natural inclination of most English speakers (with this forum as anecdotal evidence) was to interpret U2.com's statement as referring to the week immediately following the announcement, i.e. July 10-17. Of course, this is part of my complaint - these people are so poorly skilled at English that they can't even write an adequately worded, unambiguous press release (or are just being intentionally vague and deceptive).

MacHat said:

Ive got that feeling too :|

This is beyond the ridiculous, argh!

The way anticipation has been built up, an announcement with no extra dates is going to feel like a letdown, which just goes to show how poorly handled this has been!

I feel they are just being intentionally vague and deceptive and I'd just like the whole announcement thing to be over and done with so we can get on with planning our long awaited trips.

klausvan said:

Seriously, why post the same message in morse code, just say "I know but I'm not telling", it's less insulting. Or at least come up with a more elaborate puzzle to consume our time.

Agreed. This whole "-24" morse code garbage after the wait is really not as funny or clever as this Zootician thinks it is :| .

Besides, if I wanted to waste my time, there's always the bubble game :yes:.

I wonder if Larry is going to have to make another public apology for the way their management have treated their fans?

morning all,

I'm trying to sus out dates from some people here in Brisneyland, but nothing yet. :(

Does anyone else think they have developed obsessive compulsive disorder for checking u2 related sites in the past week?

wang_chung said:
Does anyone else think they have developed obsessive compulsive disorder for checking u2 related sites in the past week?

Yep. :crack:

Hi all. I'm a U2 forum virgin so please be gentle. Been watch this page having a good laugh while hoping for concert dates, but "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

Bad joke sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom