U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get a ticket for a friend to the 1st melbourne show on the eighteenth. I've checked on ebay and there's not many up selling at the moment, prob cause reschuduled dates have only just been announced. Does anyone else know how to go about finding a ticket

shika said:

Hey D.A, hope you're keen to meet up for GA...

Absolutely! :D I'm only going with one other friend in Sydney so the more the merrier for a GA PARTY! :D

Also i see you're coming to Melbourne? You must come and hang with us, we've got a big group going, and it will be such a fun time!!! We're going to camp too if you want to save on hotel costs! :wink:

That goes for everyone! We can have a big interferance party :)

Oh GAWD am i excited!!!! :D :D :drool: :drool: :drool:

dazzlingamy said:

Absolutely! :D I'm only going with one other friend in Sydney so the more the merrier for a GA PARTY! :D

Also i see you're coming to Melbourne? You must come and hang with us, we've got a big group going, and it will be such a fun time!!! We're going to camp too if you want to save on hotel costs! :wink:

That goes for everyone! We can have a big interferance party :)

Oh GAWD am i excited!!!! :D :D :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yay, yay, yay!!!! I am so up for an interference gang - yes, I am coming down to Melbourne as well... I'll PM ya with some details, otherwise, check out the Gatherings thread I started earlier today...
.... er, just realised that you have already - sorry!

Last edited:
dazzlingamy said:

We're going to camp too if you want to save on hotel costs! :wink:

Camp? You mean at the stadium? So what is the deal with that? I'm thinking I'd rather just get there really really early... being an old lady and all (33!). Gimme some details...
:scratch:

shika said:

Camp? You mean at the stadium? So what is the deal with that? I'm thinking I'd rather just get there really really early... being an old lady and all (33!). Gimme some details...
:scratch:

Now, some people here are diehard fans who pitch tents and whatnot and sleep outside the stadium before gigs, but I'd like to weigh in here and say that it's totally pointless. If I do show up early to the concerts, it will only be to overhear the soundcheck - which I think I'll be able to do even if I rock up around 2-3pm like I intend.

You see, when I saw U2 in Boston, in an arena with only a couple of thousand people on the floor at most, I showed up at 5pm for one show and got FRONT ROW. I still am baffled as to how that happened. Next show, I turned up at 11am and got within a metre of my previous spot.

Now, in an arena, 400 people could fit inside the entire ellipse. In comparison, the same amount of people can fit along just the front row of the stadium. You can fit a few thousand in the inner zone (and over 10,000-15,000 on the entire floor), so I figure that if I show up around 2-3pm, even a bit later, I'll still get a decent spot close enough to the band.

That kind of logic doesn't persuade the people who camp out for the "experience" and think it's an important part of seeing a concert, but it does persuade a person like me who wants to do everything as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Aren't we all "die-hard" fans here?? :yes:

Anyways, I know the drill somewhat. I've done the big line up for their shows before - at Wembley - and it does help to be nearer the turnstyle in order to get the best run for the front... or wherever you plan to be. Sometimes the front row ain't the best, me thinks. I'd maybe be aiming for the side of the "catwalk" or whatever it's called these days. :shrug:

And sleeping (or not, as it would probably be) on concrete just ain't my idea of a lead up to their shows... I could pay someone to hold my spot though :lmao: Seriously. dazzlingamy, I'll make ya an offer!!

And besides, where the :censored: would I be a-puttin' my tent? (no rude comments, please!) :shame:

Axver said:

Now, some people here are diehard fans who pitch tents and whatnot and sleep outside the stadium before gigs, but I'd like to weigh in here and say that it's totally pointless.

I hear what you're saying, but it is an ACE way to meet some great people and have a blast while you're waiting for the best band in the world to come on stage. I've made some life-long friends from sitting in a GA line all day... :up:

shika said:
Aren't we all "die-hard" fans here?? :yes:

But in different ways. :wink:

I'll spend hours working on an online setlist archive but there's no way in hell I'm sleeping overnight, especially not when it's in a stadium where I can get a decent place by rocking up in the mid-afternoon.

Anyways, I know the drill somewhat. I've done the big line up for their shows before - at Wembley - and it does help to be nearer the turnstyle in order to get the best run for the front... or wherever you plan to be. Sometimes the front row ain't the best, me thinks. I'd maybe be aiming for the side of the "catwalk" or whatever it's called these days. :shrug:

That's true. In Boston, it was good, but I wouldn't want to be up the front at a stadium show. I think I'll probably plant myself somewhere between the two arms of the stage. I think that would be a good spot close to the action, but also afford some view of the screen.

That said, I'd recommend that anyone going to multiple shows should try out different locations and see where's best. I'm even thinking about getting seats if a third Melbourne/Sydney show is announced.

Seats can be good. I'm lucky enough to have front row on the first tier of Telstra Stadium, about a third of the way down (pre-sale, gotta love it!) for the first Sydney show. I'll NEVER forget the view for the start of I Will Follow at Wembley, with all those arms in the air and of course the house lights coming on in Streets. It can take your breath away.

*jealous* hehehe I've never seen U2 before!

When i say camp I mean getting there about 6ish, and just lazing about all day in the line. I think Telstra Dome in Melb has strict 'no loitering' policy around it before 8am, so well see how we go!

I also would like to walk up at 2/3pm, and might do that after the first show in Sydney when i see what the crowds are like. But I want front row, i WANT IT SO BADLY I CAN TASTE IT! hahahaha
I know the stadium is a lot bigger then arenas but for that front row did you win the lottery or did you just walk in? Because there isn't going to be a lottery here, so i'd rather hang out all day and know im in the top 100 people! If this is my only chance of seeing the guys for years, I want to be down the front savouring every moment. The group i'm with are exactly the same, so we're all agreed. Plus we are going to party all day! Shika, you are more then welcome to come hang, in fact I insist! :)

I've got seats for the second Sydney show the second level second row 1/3 of the way down. I'm looking forward on getting another view of the concert! :)

dazzlingamy said:
*jealous* hehehe I've never seen U2 before!

When i say camp I mean getting there about 6ish, and just lazing about all day in the line. I think Telstra Dome in Melb has strict 'no loitering' policy around it before 8am, so well see how we go!

I Shika, you are more then welcome to come hang, in fact I insist! :)

This sounds MUCH more civilised for an old lady and you can count me in! Ms Giggles is flying in from the US and she will join us and I'll have my lil bro with me as well. It's gonna be good. :dance:

I must be getting pyschic in my old age (well, not that old!) because I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about U2 and the tour at work today for some strange reason (well, a hell of alot more than usual) .... spooky. I actually only found out about the news about 6pm-ish (I start really early for work!) .. when my mum told me (two hours after I got home!) .. 'oh, by the way .... ' arrrrrrggggghhhhh!

I'm so over the moon now!!!! I've got tix for both Melbourne shows, and two friends from Perth are coming over to see them with me .. so exciting!

Awwwwwww .. but I'd love to meet or hang out with anyone here who will be at the Melbourne gigs, in the line-up! If that's o.k of course, hehe :p I'm a little obsessive about concert queue ups :) .. I was thinking of getting there as early as possible .. but it sounds like some folks will be there at the crack of dawn, so I think I will be too, heehee. Unfortunately, I don't think my Perth mates will be in on that idea, I think they'd rather go shopping, haha (how silly is that?!?!) So it would be lovely to have some folks to chat too .. in the cold .. and dark, haha :)

Though, November .. it'll be much nicer I guess.

I'm rambling :D

dazzlingamy said:
I know the stadium is a lot bigger then arenas but for that front row did you win the lottery or did you just walk in? Because there isn't going to be a lottery here, so i'd rather hang out all day and know im in the top 100 people!

True, Boston did have the lottery, but still, when you rock up at 5pm, you really shouldn't expect to get front row! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this empty space just waiting for me.

Given the huge size of a stadium venue, I don't think the "first come, first served" policy is really going to lock anyone out if you show up at 2-3pm. Being in the top 100 people doesn't really matter to me - like I said, you can probably fit about 400 along just the front row, and the first couple of thousand in should get a really good spot. I think what's more important is your ability to run to a good spot once you get in, rather than your place in the queue!

The way I see it, a concert is something to enjoy, and camping just seems like a trial - where to get food, where to go to the toilet, staring at the side of a stadium all day surrounded mainly by people I don't know. I'd rather just show up a couple of hours before gates open and enjoy myself.

Axver said:

surrounded mainly by people I don't know.

You might be missing the point here, but it's your concert - you do what you gotta do. I'm sure we'll all get great spots on the night. I just can't believe we have to wait MONTHS for those night to come around. :sad:

That you might actually enjoy meeting some other U2 fans on the day. It can be a fun day hanging around hearing the sound check, etc.

shika said:
That you might actually enjoy meeting some other U2 fans on the day. It can be a fun day hanging around hearing the sound check, etc.

I'm a rather shy person (regardless of what my Interference post count implies!) - I don't feel all that comfortable trying to strike up conversations with strangers, even if they're other U2 fans. It's a bit better when I'm with friends, but in Boston, we were rather bored waiting in line, we just wanted to get inside.

I'll definitely be around for the soundchecks though, if for no other reasons than to be able to put an accurate report on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and to hear some cool stuff.

That was a brave admission, Axver. Talking to strangers is difficult for mostly everyone. Don't shy away from the U2 crowd though - in my experience, if you go towards people with a smile and a good attitude, you will almost certainly get those sent back to you. We all have so much in common, afterall. :yes:

^^ I must smell:huh:

Anyhoo........finally dates....WOW! OMG how LONG was that! Far out....I really thought we were getting buttered up for a cancellation!!!
I would love to meet up before gigs, i'm only going to the 10th November in Sydney!

Halup said:
How do you boys like Christina Amphlett and Divinyls? I heard she is going to be performing next month in Australia with Hugh jackman in that show about Peter Allen.

How weird is this....I was actually considering to start a appreciation thread on the Divinyls!
Awsome band..........

Pleasure & Pain (the best!)

And yes..... Chrissy plays the role of Judy Garland...I'm off to see The Boy From Oz in September.

Val said:
I'm really happy for the fans who have waited so long to see them. Really glad for you all.

:yes:

I know there were arguments about the dates and all, but all is well that ends well. Bring on Japanigo, New Zealigo and Aussiego!

So...anyone think there will be snippets/new songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom