U2 Aust tickets - just had a brainwave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so are you sure you can buy sydney tickets through ticketek in Melbourne??

That is fantastic if you can!, i have both a ticketek AND a ticketmaster in the same shopping centre! I just hope they put the second date on REALLY early! so i dont have to go right to the back of the line again!

who here is going in sydney?!

what, is drinking out?? not allowed?

not that i would want to go to the toilet every five minutes.... or not even remember the show... but i would love to be a bit pissed.

Axver said:

Ooh, thanks for that, I didn't realise one was in Pacific Fair. This could be possible. Of course, it's probably going to be just my luck that the nearest bus stop is too far away (none stopped close enough for school)! But I'll look into it. Now's one of those times when I wish I still lived in Merrimac, right near a bus stop that I think had direct services to Pacific Fair.

If tickets go on sale at 9am local time, the equivalent time in Queensland is:

New Zealand: 6am
Sydney and Melbourne: 8am
Adelaide: 8:30am

Where do you live Axver?

If I decide to head to Pac Fair on Monday morning (10 minute drive from my house), if I don't get lucky with pre sale tickets, I could pick you up on the way if you can't get a bus.

b_m here:

i just went into ticketmaster at chermside (brissie) and they told me tix are going onsale at 11:00am qld time, 12:00pm rest of australia. he said it was to stop people camping out. i will try and confirm that 9i think tho!

puppy, can i get tix thru ticketek for the sydney shows from a brisbane ticket office?

neilm said:

Where do you live Axver?

If I decide to head to Pac Fair on Monday morning (10 minute drive from my house), if I don't get lucky with pre sale tickets, I could pick you up on the way if you can't get a bus.

Hey, that's really nice of you, though I'm probably quite out of your way. I'm up in Tallai on the way out to Hinze Dam. Nice spot but it's not exactly close to stuff.

Naya said:
b_m here:

i just went into ticketmaster at chermside (brissie) and they told me tix are going onsale at 11:00am qld time, 12:00pm rest of australia. he said it was to stop people camping out. i will try and confirm that 9i think tho!

puppy, can i get tix thru ticketek for the sydney shows from a brisbane ticket office?

I knew it.

Won't stop me! What's another 2 hours past 9am when you've been waiting 10... :)

fullautoreverse said:
It would make sense to have all shows for sale at the same time nationally..

I'd disagree there - I personally think they should put them on sale at staggered times to reduce demand on Internet servers and call centres.

timothius said:
In the middle of the working day, thats just perfect. :mad:

It is when I work for me :hyper:

But hey, 12pm national time still means 9am for me.

I think I'm going to have to go and have a chat to the nice boys at the Ticketek and see what they know.:wink:

Axver said:

Hey, that's really nice of you, though I'm probably quite out of your way. I'm up in Tallai on the way out to Hinze Dam. Nice spot but it's not exactly close to stuff.

No probs Axver. I've seen the signs to Tallai but not been there!

The thought was there anyway....!

ShoutLikeStars said:
Any more info around about this members pre-sale? I managed to dig up my unused code.

Not yet. You have to wait for U2.com to email you. That is what they told me. They also told me they didn't have an exact date but that was probably a lie. I'm guessing pre sale will be either Friday 2nd or Saturday 3rd.

NZ fans...

The Mt Smart Stadium peeps have updated their website and have the following price structure...

Prices:
Standing $99
A Reserve $199
B Reserve $130
C Reserve $99

Our GA's work out to be $US68, not too far off the US! :lol:

timothius said:
NZ fans...

The Mt Smart Stadium peeps have updated their website and have the following price structure...

Prices:
Standing $99
A Reserve $199
B Reserve $130
C Reserve $99

Our GA's work out to be $US68, not too far off the US! :lol:

:drool:

We so win.

By the way, the prices for Telstra Stadium were gone last I looked ... :shrug:

And neilm, I very much appreciate the thought even if it won't work out, thanks!

No!

Oh god, this is all so bullshit! They should stagger the concerts to different dates for sale.... :mad:

How am i supposed to line up in a department store in the middle of a busy shopping centre. Selling tickets late is going to screw more stuff up then make it easier...

*shrugs*

as long as you can buy U2 tickets for sydney from ticketeks in melbourne im cool with it.

You can but Sydney tic from any Ticketek outlet - there is no problem with it. I can buy tix for a concert in Perth from the Melbourne Ticketek offices... all good. We've been told the sale time is to be announced - and that it still stands as 9am.

Just got off the phone to Ticketek and they are confident it will still be 9am Sydney time for ticket sales.

They also said they are expecting no more than 10 minutes wait time for phone ticket sales and the website can handle 55,000 customers at any one time for online bookings.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom