Toronto GA Rules...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Anyone have any specifics? I just called the ACC office and they had no clue (surprised?).

Any way we can get the scoop on how they're handling it other than waiting for the news from the line on the 14th?

there's lots written about this...see the link ramblin rose posted...

ramblin rose said:

Ramblin, I appreciate the link, but the attitude you can check at the door.

Why can't anyone on these boards just lend a little assistance without the snide comments and sarcasm?

I'm not sure a search would have found that thread, the title was pretty vague... and none of that information looks like official ACC posted material, just heresay from someone who may or may not know what the policy is. Like I said, the person I spoke with had no clue as to any special rules for this (i.e. U2.com fan line, etc., scanning tickets, etc.) so if you take what the OP in that thread posted and take what I posted, you have a 50/50 shot that it's accurate.

Was hoping to get written/.pdf of rules similar to what has been posted at other venues.

Last edited:
This was posted on www.U2log.com regarding the policy, although I don't think they said where they got this from, I'm assuming the ACC, but I couldn't find the information on the ACC's website (not saying it's not there but I couldn't find it).

The general admission line for all four U2 shows will form on the sidewalk on Bay Street (east side of the building), starting at Gate 2 on the morning of the show. The line for general admission will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. No placeholder wristbands will be issued to allow ticketholders to leave for the day and return prior to the show, and ticketholders will not be able to hold places in line for ticketholders arriving later.

As a working person it sucks that it's first come first serve... but I guess someone willing to take the day off to line up is more willing (and/or able) to get a better spot on the floor so I guess I can't complain. Still excited to see them, but after lining up for 10+ hours in Hamilton last tour and being right up at the front, I worry that not being that close again will be a bit of a letdown.

ramblin rose said:
This was posted on www.U2log.com regarding the policy, although I don't think they said where they got this from, I'm assuming the ACC, but I couldn't find the information on the ACC's website (not saying it's not there but I couldn't find it).

Even without placeholder wristbands I hope we'll be organized enough to give out numbers. It seemed to work really well on the last tour.

u2wedge-

Please don't be so quick to jump on ramblin rose, assuming her comment was meant rudely - when you are writing on a computer it can be difficult to accurately interpret the tone unless a smilie is posted along with it. It did not strike me as snide or sarcastic.

bonosloveslave said:
u2wedge-

Please don't be so quick to jump on ramblin rose, assuming her comment was meant rudely - when you are writing on a computer it can be difficult to accurately interpret the tone unless a smilie is posted along with it. It did not strike me as snide or sarcastic.

my bad. sorry ramblin' if i jumped on you.

Back
Top Bottom