Tips on Getting Last Minute Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russmadem

The Fly
'ello all,
I was just in Chicago for both shows and also in Milwaukee. I learned a few things about getting tickets during this time. The current leg (3rd) of the tour is easier to get tix for. It seems the younger crowd maybe got their fill the first time around. Not nearly as many young people in chicago as their was in Milw. Also, they had already played 4 dates in Chicago in May. I am guessing these are the two main reasons tickets were so much easier to get in Chicago than in Milw. Therefore, I think this time around the cities which had shows on the first leg of the tour may have more tickets at better prices (from scalpers) than the first time around. Now a couple of tips. First, there is a company called ETS Tours. They have a website, but I have misplaced it. Just google it and I am sure you can find it. They have ticket packages, hotel packages and pre-parties before virtually all U2 shows. If you search their website in the week before the show you will attend, they should list the location of where their pre-party will be held. This party starts at 4pm. In Chicago they had tix to sell and pretty decent prices. I got a GA ticket for $100. This included a buffet meal (not the greatest), the ticket and a bus ride to and from the arena. All in all not a bad deal considering my alternative was to buy from a scalper and take a taxi to the show. They also had tix (GA's and reserved) available the next night as well. However, they were sold out in Milw. This is a good last minute option. The second night in Chicago, I went to the United Center ticket window an hour before the show to see if they had any last minute tix. Unbelievably they did. I got 3 GA's at face value. Even the scalper's around the arena were selling GA's for $75 a 1/2 hour before the opening act. I am sure these prices dropped as the time got later and later. Milw. was tougher. ETS was sold out, the box office never had anything last minute, but the scalper prices weren't too bad, perhaps due to the rainy weather. I got 2 GA's for $75 each a couple of hours before the show. Don't despair if you don't have tix, there are last minute options. Also, I can't help but tell everyone, I got into the bomb shelter both nights in Chicago.....awesome. I also got video of the Edge, Adam and Bono leaving their hotel before going to the show. They stopped and waved, and the Edge and Adam signed a few autographs. Bono was running late, so he posed a little bit and then left. Good luck to all, scott

Back
Top Bottom