This is totally a rumor I heard, but interesting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeckyK1114

Babyface
A friend of mine who works at Key Arena (in the office) told me that the set plan for the show is over the top. He said that other fans and myself should remember that U2 always have something to amaze us. And to keep in mind the name of the tour is vertigo. So expect some not so great seats to turn into perfect ones when the stage moves. I was like what the crap. He said (very smuggly I should add) "That is all I am saying".

So anyhow, again rumor only. He is reliable, but still. I just thought this might bring hope to the members that got behind the stands seats. Maybe U2 did know what they were doing. They have never let us down. Or at least in my opinion.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or are there any other things people have heard about the show?

The elevated stage is a possibility (Vertigo), but it would really suck for the people on the floor... Or maybe it would only be for a few songs, which would be ok.

The thing is that there are many ways to design all new, super-original set-ups for a rock concert. The problem is that it is really hard to do so while allowing everyone in the arena to see the show properly...

Should be a great show no matter what! At the moment - they could be playing in the rafters for all I care -- all I know I finally got tix to the Key!:laugh:

Can hardly wait:drool:

The Madonna re-invention tour had a triangular catwalk (on three corner stilts) that went right out into the middle of the arena floor, however it was only there for a few songs, and it was lowered from the area roof, it looked quite impressive, and you certainly had no idea that it was coming.

I must try to post a picture, if i can find one on the net.

This is what I think my friend was getting at. I think the stage might move a bit. maybe in a circle and might go up and down a bit. But ya I think it will just be for some of the show. Also I think there might be something that extends into some part of the arena. Bono likes the crowd. we know that. I can't wait to hear about the first shows either. Not to long. woot woot!

Honestly, the Elevation tour was concept was perfect. It was all about the music and the band getting close to the fans. I hope the Vertigo tour is much of the same.

that IS interesting. that´s all I´m saying.
good news for those who didn´t get very good seats. but of course U2 will try and repay somehow, there´s a lot of angry fans out there.. naturally they have apologized but, like said, they REALLY like the crowd.. :)

again wondering if that made any sense :huh:

I'll be sitting on the "side" of the stage....in the 300 level..4th row
for the Vertigo tour. I don't actually think they'll be bad seats, cuz they're NOT behind the stage.. Learned my lesson from Elevation. I had "behind the stage" seats (for Elevation)and they did SUCK.. I never saw the band ( until they moved into a "certain" area ) because of all the "obstacles" in the way...( video screens, speakers, amplifiers, and other "stage" equipment )

So...even if the stage moves around on this tour...so will the
"obstacles" that "block your view" of the band.. So, I don't think
the "behind the stage" seats will be any better.... If U2 can sell
seats "behind" the stage...that "sucked" for Elevation..they can do the same "selling" of those seats for the Vertigo tour. What really "stinks" is that you'll only "see" the band..when they
"move" into your area..."where-ever" that may be...depending on your seats!!! I hope they do "surprise" me though, and I'm wrong about this...but I'm really "doubting" it.....Sorry!! :sad:

I am looking forward to some photographs of what 1 million pounds per show can buy for effects should be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom