Things to Do In Philadelphia when you're Alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8rattoon

The Fly
I'm going to the show at Wachovia center on the 14th with a friend from Maryland. Neither one of us is very familiar with the area. If someone could let me know about some good places to eat, bars, reasonably cheap places to stay near the arena that would be great. Is the center near downtown or on the outskirts of the proper? thanks everyone.

Hey the center is a couple miles south of Center city. There is a Holiday Inn in the center's complex. Not too pricy. You may have better time staying in center city. Tons of bars on South Street and Old city. 2ed and 3rd and Market is the popular bar area. Most of these places are clubby and upscale. For more of a bar scene check out South St. Restaurants are all over the place. I wouldnt leave without a cheesteak. My 2 favorites are Jims on 4th and South or Toni lukes (more by the stadium)

Have fun

Yup, better book in advance though since the UPenn graduation is on that weekend and I am sure that the city will be packed with relatives, etc. (we are staying with a friend).

Back
Top Bottom