Texas dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Cowboy

The Fly
Has anyone heard anything about Texas dates? The only thing I've seen is that so-called itinerary that was floating around, and it had Texas on the third leg. I'm hoping that's wrong, because there is no way I can wait until October! Trying to get some info so I have more than one day to plan for the pre-sale after the dates are announced Monday morning!

Texas Dates

Hi,

I'm in Dallas too. Waiting for some Texas dates to be announced...October is a long time to wait! Hopefulle should be a good show at the AAC, that place is very posh!

Cheers!

Art Director, why do you think it won't happen on the third leg? I'll travel, I'll probably see them a few times in England and Belgium as I am often there for work, I'd just rather see them here in Texas too. You think Texas isn't big enough for them? :)

I hope they don't go to ACC in Dallas. I'd much much prefer Reunion. ACC sucks for concerts. Even with the curtains, light still comes through, just not a good place for concerts

I've only seen basketball and hockey at the AAC.

Isn't reunion pretty small? I've never been there at all but I thought it was a very small venue.

Reunion can hold about 18,000 plus for a show like Elevation. If the staging is more elaborate, then it might be slightly reduced from that.

Still, Reunion is not that small. Not as small as some of the other places U2 played last time out.....like the Delta Center in SLC. :wink:

Reunion was actually towards the top-end larger venues they played. Many others were 15-17,000(Delta Center,Conseco Fieldhouse,Ohio Center,San Jose Center,BC Place, etc.).

Last edited:
jedi Larry said:
Reunion can hold about 18,000 plus for a show like Elevation. If the staging is more elaborate, then it might be slightly reduced from that.

Still, Reunion is not that small. Not as small as some of the other places U2 played last time out.....like the Delta Center in SLC. :wink:

Reunion was actually towards the top-end larger venues they played. Many others were 15-17,000(Delta Center,Conseco Fieldhouse,Ohio Center,San Jose Center,BC Place, etc.).

Hey I was at the Delta Center and we brought that place down! They came to SLC the last two tours . . . fingers crossed for this one two (although I have sadly already blown my code for GA Denver tix).

U2 has always played Texas!! I don't see why u all worry so much!! They have a very large fan base in Texas and have played each tour there since 1987!! Expect them in Dallas, Houston, and possibly San Antonio at the new SBC Center!!

el>mcphisto said:
U2 has always played Texas!! I don't see why u all worry so much!! They have a very large fan base in Texas and have played each tour there since 1987!! Expect them in Dallas, Houston, and possibly San Antonio at the new SBC Center!!

i hope you are right--and i don't see why you wouldn't be. i'll definitely see them in Dallas and Houston :D wish they'd announce the 3rd leg tour dates before summer, though...I need time to plan!

Back
Top Bottom