Sydney, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here here....U2 fans turn up in the most strangest of places. You could always chuck a sickie - I'm already thinking of that :)

So you're both flying to Sydney for the show? If you're staying for a few days check out this great U2 cover band... u2 dot com dot au. They play at this nice little pub close to the opera house on most sunday arvos and also other random clubs/pubs.

I think I saw that band at Paddy O'Reily's on George St one night and nearly got chucked out because they weren't doing it right and yes I was drunk :)

I'm kinda the same.....:silent: Just don't know whether to do the GA thing or the A reserve......we'll wait and see...Nite

im getting GA for Sydney too.... and thinking i'll camp out! hahahaha Should be fun if there is a group! :D

Luckily ive got a ticketek and ticketmaster in same place som im going to buy tickets for melb while my boyf trys for sydney on the net then go to ticketek if he can do it afterwards. I seriously dont think 15,000 GA cans sell out in like 15 mins....well i HOPE HOPE!
:mad:

hi guys i'm new to this so i don't know if i'm doing this right, so pls forgive me if i've done it wrong
I've missed out on getting tickets for U2 concert on the 24th of march, does anyone know if their doing any other concerts here in melbourne, god i hope so i've been waiting more than 7 years to see them pls let me know asap dina

I ended up with B reserve tiks on friday night - will definately be camping out for saturday nites event and will be getting there around 10am saturday morning for the gala!!! Will be instead attending both shows :) And yes I will be camping out after the debarkle on monday.....

AchtungU2aus said:
so what time are u thinking of getting to telstra stadium? 30th March (night before) or early 31st?

I think 7am on the 31st is the earliest we're going to be able to start queueing. Camping overnight in Olympic Park? I really can't see that happening, security will move people on. Someone else suggested they might set up a designated camp-out area outside Olympic Park, but unless Telstra Stadium staff set up some kind of numbering system, you'd gain no advantage by staying overnight. We'll have to see how that one pans out.

I think 7am on the 31st is the earliest we're going to be able to start queueing.

As long as you Aussies are as sensible as us Brits, then you shouldn't need to queue up too early. For most of the UK shows it was possible to queue up from around midday and still get a good spot. There were people showing up as late as 5pm at the London gigs who still managed to get into the front area - which holds somewhere around 3000 - 4000 people.

But then again, I suppose it depends upon whether you want to be dead center front row....

jezh said:

As long as you Aussies are as sensible as us Brits, then you shouldn't need to queue up too early. For most of the UK shows it was possible to queue up from around midday and still get a good spot. There were people showing up as late as 5pm at the London gigs who still managed to get into the front area - which holds somewhere around 3000 - 4000 people.

But then again, I suppose it depends upon whether you want to be dead center front row....
True......for Cardiff I lined up around 2pm and just missed out on the enclosure. I'm guessing for Australia/NZ though, it won't be that easy.

Hey guys. I was going to set up a thread for Sydneysiders but I noticed that there was one already just in time :reject:

I'd love to meet fellow Sydneysiders on the 31st. :)

If anyone's planning on trying for GA for the 1st of April, I have a spare GA for Sydney 1 unexpectedly on my hands, so if anyone manages to land an extra pitch ticket for Sydney 2, I'd be happy to swap? Please? If anyone has any luck, you can email me on... Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, well, i might be able to get an extra one if u're keen
aren't u gonna line up on monday morning/sunday night?
i've already got GAs for the first show.

yeah, meeting up sounds good on Friday morning or Thursday night if u're nutty enough

Back
Top Bottom