Some questions for Philly 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoIsMyMuse

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I hope everybody had a great time in Philly on Saturday! I can't wait to head down there this weekend. Ryan Adams on Friday and U2 on Sunday--I can't think of a much better weekend.

I do have a few questions for everybody who went., or others who've had GA experiences this tour.

I'm really looking forward to meeting other fans in line. Do you think 8 a.m. is early enough to line up to get a good spot on or near the rail? I'm thinking the MSG show the night before might make the line a little shorter than usual?

Is it possible to leave the line for half an hour or so to try to meet the band? My friend and I are bringing food, water, and things to do, so we won't leave the line except for quick bathroom breaks. She's even fine with staying in line while I try to meet the guys, but I definitely don't want to lose my place.

Do they check ID with your member profile, or would it be possible for me to use a friend's profile and get in the u2.com line? Is this something other people have been doing? I don't want to get myself into any trouble, but at the same time, if it will work, I'd like to do it. There was no presale for the second Philly show, so I'm not sure how the lines will work.

Were you able to take a camera in? I'm taking my good camera for the trip, and I thought of buying a few disposables for the show. Should I risk taking my good camera to the show instead?

Thanks for any help you can give. I can't wait for Sunday! :hyper:

I got there at 2:30 on Saturday and wound up 2 people back from the rail just to the right of the tip of the ellipse, so you'll be more than fine getting there at 8 AM! I'm planning on getting there sometime around 11-12 on Sunday. Not sure how the lines will work out this time--they split us into a regular GA and a fan club line (even if you didn't have the JFAN tickets, all you needed was your card or profile) around 4:30, which caused a few problems, but overall it was pretty smooth. You'll def. be able to move in and out of line...I met some AWESOME Phiily fans on Sat., we all watch each others backs!

Have fun & good luck!

Ill be there around 8 or 9 will have plenty of water bottles for everyone and some food. You guys think a radio is cool for the line?

Hawkmoon04 said:
Ill be there around 8 or 9 will have plenty of water bottles for everyone and some food. You guys think a radio is cool for the line?

radio is cool! i was maybe going to bring my guitar. i know a countless amount of u2....would people like that?

I'm bringing water, some snacks, a deck of cards, and a friend who'll be along more for the trip than the show itself--any form of entertainment beyond this will be very good.

girlcalledparty said:
I got there at 2:30 on Saturday and wound up 2 people back from the rail just to the right of the tip of the ellipse, I'm planning on getting there sometime around 11-12 on Sunday.

11 am sounds beautiful compared to 8am. I wish we could all get there later -- it's going to be a late night and I have to look my best for Bono :sexywink:

Hi. Mick Seven here! Pysched as I got a GA from TM yesterday at 3:45! Improvement from 221A last Saturday, but still had a blast.
Dave from Dayton is offline (currently driving) but said he would be in the line wearing a "7" shirt like the edge and a 1972 rolling stones hat. He said he would have a foreman grill if anyone wants to cook steaks, burgers, etc....

I am not planning to get there to 7:15 PM or so, but should still be able to make it into the ellipse without a problem.

MickSeven said:
I am not planning to get there to 7:15 PM or so, but should still be able to make it into the ellipse without a problem.

How can you possibly expect to make it into the Bomb Shelter "without a problem." You only get into the Bomb Shelter via lottery. Either you win, or you don't.

Got a SNAFU according to the Wachovia Center. There is an event the night before the concert, so they aren't getting people line up until Sunday (they said noon?).

Anyone have any idea if they are serious about this stuff? What do we do before then? Where do we park?

PHILLY GA NOTICE: I called up the Wachovia Center info line and the woman said that they would start allowing the GA line to form at 9:00 AM. The parking gates would also be opened then.

Anyone plan to get there earlier?

mkdominatr said:
PHILLY GA NOTICE: I called up the Wachovia Center info line and the woman said that they would start allowing the GA line to form at 9:00 AM. The parking gates would also be opened then.

Anyone plan to get there earlier?

We were going to be there around sunrise. Apparently there is a park across the street from the center with free parking (but it is only open to sundown). As of right now, we were going to have someone run over and move the car when the parking gates open.

However, we were told the parking gates weren't going to open until noon. *shrug*

wydok said:

We were going to be there around sunrise. Apparently there is a park across the street from the center with free parking (but it is only open to sundown). As of right now, we were going to have someone run over and move the car when the parking gates open.

However, we were told the parking gates weren't going to open until noon. *shrug*
There is a park across the street. If your not sure where it is, it is across from the center on the Broad Street side. Almost directly across from the subway station. I guess that is the southeast side of the center. See everyoen around 9. Looks like great weather. Mostly sunny high of 70.

Back
Top Bottom