Seating layout question at MSG NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Skirt

The Fly
So I have been to MSG once and seen this tour so I am familiar with the basic layout of the arena & U2's stage. But my seats were killer close - kinda to the back side of the stage (I got waay lucky!!). So as I head into this leg with vastly different seats, I have a few questions for those who are better informed than I am. (yes, I've seen the seating chart, but need more info.)

So I have seats in section 40, which is a low level loge seat at the back corner of the arena. How are those for visibility? Has anyone ever sat back here? What's the view like?

Thanks!!

Thanks! That is very cool, indeed! :)

However, it shows the basketball layout with all the extra seats at both ends. So I am still curious if anyone has sat back in that area for this tour.

Just wondering... I have section 119 at MSG, and it's not quite back of stage but also not directly side-stage, kind of in the corner. Has anyone had experience with seats like those? Do the light curtains block your view? I can't tell from the msg website.

Got a question for you all who have seen U2 at MSG on this tour.

If you had a choice of seats in either 63J or 85L, which ones would you use??

I’ve sat in 69H before which was great, really close, but a little far towards the back of the stage. 63 (on the other side) looks a little more forward, but I can’t tell. I know the 85’s will be awesome. So torn!!

Thanks for any input and especially first hand experiences with this particular stage layout.

pookybear said:
Just wondering... I have section 119 at MSG, and it's not quite back of stage but also not directly side-stage, kind of in the corner. Has anyone had experience with seats like those? Do the light curtains block your view? I can't tell from the msg website.

I sat in sec. 69 which is right below 119 back in May. I ws between the drummer and the base player (imagine a clock face with 12 being the drummer). My seat was at about 2 o'clock then. 119 is a little more like 3 o'clock from what I can tell. I couldn't see video cuz I was too low, but you may get to see it in 119. Your view should be good, I think.

So what about sec. 63 J vs. 85 L?? Anyone have a sense of what would be better? Should I assume the 63s are the better ones?

ramblin rose said:

Hey at least you won't need binoculars. I'm in section 330 on the 7th.:|

you won't need binoculars I was in sec 338 in May and they were fine..Have you been to the garden before? It's not as huge as you think your seats are not bad at all :)

One Skirt said:
So what about sec. 63 J vs. 85 L?? Anyone have a sense of what would be better? Should I assume the 63s are the better ones?

That's a no brainer the sec 85...63 is almost behind the stage

One Skirt said:

If it was me I would probably choose 63 also.

one4u2 said:

you won't need binoculars I was in sec 338 in May and they were fine..Have you been to the garden before? It's not as huge as you think your seats are not bad at all :)

Yeah, I've been tons, (I lived most of my life in Elmhurst/Jackson Heights), but when you've been close everything else seems far. :)

As far as us helping One Skirt I can see we've been no help at all. :lol:

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, I've been tons, (I lived most of my life in Elmhurst/Jackson Heights), but when you've been close everything else seems far. :)

As far as us helping One Skirt I can see we've been no help at all. :lol:

:lol:
Jackson Heights I'm in Great Neck you weren't too far!

The view is much better from 85 !

One Skirt are you implying you will be giving up the other set and which night are they for :shifty:

Has anyone sat in 63? They are right on the side (not behind the stage) but I'd love to know what view is like. 85 is towards the front, but I can't tell how close to the stage they are.

Hey one4U2! :wave: I'm doing great... I'm so excited about msg, seeing the 10/8 and 10/14 shows. How are you doing?

Sorry, I've never sat in those sections before One Skirt, but I guess you should make your decision based on which you feel is more important... a great view of the overall show, lights, ellipse and all, or to be really close to the band. Sounds like a tough decision to make but be glad you have such great seats to choose from!

I sat in seats in the same location as Sec 63 for the San Jose 2 and NJ2 Vertigo shows and two seats and the aisle away from Sec 63 at MSG for Coldplay and I say take the Sec 63 tix...I actually have a Sec 63 Row L ticket myself for the 10/11 show.

San Jose 2 (from cameraphone):

SanJose2-2.jpg

Last edited:
:) nevermind- I thought your tickets were for 10/14 for some reason

I'm actually looking for November tix too :wink:

do any of you have experience sitting in section 10 or 11 on the floor? are they any good or will I not be able to see anything being all the way in the back of the floor?

Back
Top Bottom