Santiago, Chile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PatrickM

The Fly
Hi, folks --

I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost me to complete the whole U2 South American Tour. I live in Brazil and I am also going to Buenos Aires but things seem too be very expensive to get to Santiago. Any fellow chilean interferencer would help me out? First of all, I would like to know if there's any cheaper airline that flies over Chile - something like a local version of EasyJet or WebJet? Secondly, I would like to have some tips regardings hotels and hostels in Santiago.

Anyone?

all I know is LAN CHILE for flying...

go to lan.com.. there should be prices and stuff

but we still don't know how expensive will the tickets be... we're really pissed of here actually...

there's a lot of hostels, I think specially in the summer, when no one is in santiago and everybody's at the beach...

Pepo, I've read somewhere you're also going to Buenos Aires. I also have tickets for Buenos Aires, but I'm trying to figure out a way of going also to Santiago - been there in July 2004, had a blast in the city, so good.

My best choice would be get a free ticket from Rio-Santiago-Rio from the milleage ticket fare and pay a two-way trip to Buenos Aires. Do you know how much would be the cheapest airfare - or even bus fare? I've seen something like 400 USD on the LAN Chile, but I was looking for something far cheaper.

Any help from chilean fans?

I was looking into prices to go from Sao Paulo to Santiago and have only found extremely expensive flights, much more than I expected, around $800 return. That's crazy when you consider 3 years ago I flew from Sao Paulo to Buenoes Aries and had 3 nights hotel and airline tickets for 2 for under US$500 through a travel agent.

PatrickM said:
Where are you from, Halup?

I'm from Los Angeles, but my girlfriend lives in Sao Paulo, so I will be coming to visit her for the shows. I also plan to see the Stones in Rio on the 18th.

Yes, that's the plan: watch the Stones on the 18th, take a bus on the 19th and see U2 on the 20th, 21st.

Not a bad week, not indeed...

Back
Top Bottom