San Jose GA procedures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

by350

Babyface
I have GA tickets to both San Jose shows and I'm hoping someone can post the official GA rules here once the HP Pavilion posts or announces them.

Also...does anyone remember if the 2nd San Jose show was part of the presale? I don't think it was. If that's the case...I'm a u2.com member...do I just bring a printout of my profile page as many have mentioned at other venues? Do my friend also have to be a u2.com member to be in the line with me, since I bought both of the tickets???

Thanks in advance! Anyone that wants to discuss the San Jose shows, please feel free to contact me!

Since this is date/venue specific, moving to the appropriate sub-forum

:wave:

Last edited:
There's also a San Jose thread in the Fan Gatherings section here.. you might want to check that out.

I just called the HP Pavilion. All I know is the parking lot does not open until 2 hours before the show, and you can start lining up at 7:00am.

This is definitely a thread I'm interested in.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of some cheap parking nearby since their garages won't be open until 2 hours before show time?

I think there is a garage that isnt too expensive in San Pedro Square, on San Pedro street. I think Im gonna park there. It may even be free on weekends if I remember correctly :)

Actually I have always parked in the Arena parking lot as it is often open during the day for train passengers/whatever. It just means that no one is there to collect your $15. Doesn't mean they then later check and tow all cars.

U2SJ said:
I think there is a garage that isnt too expensive in San Pedro Square, on San Pedro street. I think Im gonna park there. It may even be free on weekends if I remember correctly :)

Thanks for the help. I don't make it down to the south bay very often.

By the way, I just read your stories on meeting Bono. Very cool!

Also posted this in the Fan Gatherings section (so sorry if you've read this twice :)

Just got this off of U2tours about the GA line....

Ken Sweezey, Director of Guest Services at the HP Pavilion, has shared
with U2tours.com their current policy handout for all GA ticket holders
planning to attend this weekend's shows.

It's subject to change, but can be downloaded (PDF) here by those
interested:
http://www.u2tours.com/venues/sanjose.html

Now I have a few questions:
1) does this mean they aren't having 2 lines? (U2.com and general)
2) how many of you are going to leave during the day and come back? The best part of a GA line is meeting all of the great fans!
3) If line up is at 8am, where will people line up if you get there earlier? Is there a parking lot across the way? I can't remember...
4) Line up is on Santa Clara St....is that the same area as during Elevation?

3+ more days!!!!

:drool: I would love to be able to get a numbered wristband and come back... I do not seem to share that intense desire to stand in line all day as some of you do :shifty:

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time in Brooklyn and met some great people, but that was different. There were no tickets or anything... I much rather go check out the cities I am visiting, stalking the band arrival area, etc...

:reject:

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
3) If line up is at 8am, where will people line up if you get there earlier? Is there a parking lot across the way? I can't remember...
4) Line up is on Santa Clara St....is that the same area as during Elevation?

If I recall, there is a parking lot across the street from the venue.

And Santa Clara st is the main street.. I dont think that's where the line up was last time but I could be wrong :scratch:

Ok I REALLY like those rules ... PLEASE let that be the way it is. None of this two seperate lines bull crap.

HP Pavilion at San Jose
U2 General Admission Line Management Policy
April 9 & 10, 2005
(As of April 5, 2005 – Subject to Change)

HP Pavilion at San Jose welcomes guests with General Admission (GA) tickets to arrive and form
the line in advance of typical arrival times for events. All guests are required to abide by the
provisions within the following policy. Ticket holders found in violation of the following policy
may be asked to surrender their tickets and leave HP Pavilion property.
• The GA line will be formed along the Santa Clara Street wall of HP Pavilion as indicated by
signs saying “General Admission Ticket Holders Line”. The GA line will enter HP Pavilion
through the doors between the Grill Restaurant and the Sharks Store.
• GA ticket holders may begin lining up at 8:00 am on the date of show.
• Only GA ticket holders who have their ticket in their possession are permitted in the line.
• Entering the GA line indicates the guest’s agreement to abide by all HP Pavilion policies and
procedures (the same as while inside the building).
• Upon arrival, each guest who has a GA ticket will have a sequentially numbered wristband put
on his or her right wrist. The order of entrance into the building will be based on the number of
the guest’s wristband. Wristbands will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Once a
GA ticket holder has their wristband, they may leave the area, but must return to their sequential
place in line by 5:00 pm.
• Other ticket holders must remain outside of the blockaders that separate the GA line.
• Guests are not permitted to “hold” a place in line for other guests who are arriving later.
• The wristband must remain on the guest’s right wrist while in line and throughout the event.
Loss or removal of the wristband will result in the guest being asked to leave. Guests must also
have their ticket in their possession at all times. Any guest found with a tampered wristband will
have his or her wristband confiscated and will lose their place in line.
• GA ticket holders will be admitted in sequential order once doors are opened (scheduled for 6:15
pm).
• GA ticket holders with “ELLIPSE” vouchers will be given priority access for entrance and will
be given an “ELLIPSE” wristband, enabling access into the area inside the U2 stage.
• Guests are permitted to have a reasonable amount of food and non-alcoholic beverages while in
line (no bottles, cans or food are allowed into the building).
• Please be respectful of other guests in line - no running, pushing or line jumping; no alcohol,
drugs or glass containers; no horseplay or unsafe behavior; no profanity; no tailgating, open
flames or barbeques; no selling of tickets, wristbands, concessions or merchandise; no animals
(except service animals); no smoking in line.
Thanks – Have a Great Time!!

By the way, this is how ALL GA Lines should be run!

OffAxis said:
HP Pavilion at San Jose
U2 General Admission Line Management Policy
April 9 & 10, 2005
(As of April 5, 2005 – Subject to Change)

HP Pavilion at San Jose welcomes guests with General Admission (GA) tickets to arrive and form
the line in advance of typical arrival times for events. All guests are required to abide by the
provisions within the following policy. Ticket holders found in violation of the following policy
may be asked to surrender their tickets and leave HP Pavilion property.
• The GA line will be formed along the Santa Clara Street wall of HP Pavilion as indicated by
signs saying “General Admission Ticket Holders Line”. The GA line will enter HP Pavilion
through the doors between the Grill Restaurant and the Sharks Store.
• GA ticket holders may begin lining up at 8:00 am on the date of show.
• Only GA ticket holders who have their ticket in their possession are permitted in the line.
• Entering the GA line indicates the guest’s agreement to abide by all HP Pavilion policies and
procedures (the same as while inside the building).
• Upon arrival, each guest who has a GA ticket will have a sequentially numbered wristband put
on his or her right wrist. The order of entrance into the building will be based on the number of
the guest’s wristband. Wristbands will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Once a
GA ticket holder has their wristband, they may leave the area, but must return to their sequential
place in line by 5:00 pm.
• Other ticket holders must remain outside of the blockaders that separate the GA line.
• Guests are not permitted to “hold” a place in line for other guests who are arriving later.
• The wristband must remain on the guest’s right wrist while in line and throughout the event.
Loss or removal of the wristband will result in the guest being asked to leave. Guests must also
have their ticket in their possession at all times. Any guest found with a tampered wristband will
have his or her wristband confiscated and will lose their place in line.
• GA ticket holders will be admitted in sequential order once doors are opened (scheduled for 6:15
pm).
• GA ticket holders with “ELLIPSE” vouchers will be given priority access for entrance and will
be given an “ELLIPSE” wristband, enabling access into the area inside the U2 stage.
• Guests are permitted to have a reasonable amount of food and non-alcoholic beverages while in
line (no bottles, cans or food are allowed into the building).
• Please be respectful of other guests in line - no running, pushing or line jumping; no alcohol,
drugs or glass containers; no horseplay or unsafe behavior; no profanity; no tailgating, open
flames or barbeques; no selling of tickets, wristbands, concessions or merchandise; no animals
(except service animals); no smoking in line.
Thanks – Have a Great Time!!

WOW this is too good to be true :hyper:
I would love to leave and come back later. This would definitely be the smartest way to go :wink:

I just left a message for that Ken guy regarding the "ellipse voucher" just to see what he sais...
My concern is that now they say they will do it this way, we will get there at 8, get our wristband, leave, and then come back to find that the system was changed...so I asked him that too..... will let you all know if I hear anything from him :)

I bet the 'ellipse voucher' is some VIP thing that the HP Pavilion's managers son's girlfriend gets.

She will be there during Running to Stand Still loudly saying

'like omg, i just love boh-no... he's so awesome... wait... cell phone's ringing... omg like hi, im soo at the U2 show in this circle thingy like right by the band... its like soo cool'

Hmmm now i see this on CL:

U2 apr 9th VIP FLOOR TICKETS (2 available)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-67184966@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-04-06, 9:17AM PDT

2 general admision floor tickets, side by side, to see U2 at the HP PAVILLION in San Jose, California on Saturday April 9th at 7:30pm. Get there early enough, and you have a shot @ being a VIP in the front row!
These hard tickets (not tickefast in hand.
SERIOUS Bids start above $450 for the pair

Is this guy just dumb and these are reg GA? Or are there such things as VIP floor tix? And is this a joke?? $450???

SFGAL said:
Hmmm now i see this on CL:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-67184966@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-04-06, 9:17AM PDT

2 general admision floor tickets, side by side, to see U2 at the HP PAVILLION in San Jose, California on Saturday April 9th at 7:30pm. Get there early enough, and you have a shot @ being a VIP in the front row!
These hard tickets (not tickefast in hand.
SERIOUS Bids start above $450 for the pair

Is this guy just dumb and these are reg GA? Or are there such things as VIP floor tix? And is this a joke?? $450???

I think he's just being dumb -- saying you have a "shot at being a VIP" if you get there early enough, i.e. wait in line all day like the rest of us. I think the "voucher" is when we get beeped in and given the separate ellipse wristband (hopefully all of us get beeped in!). :huh:

I am not even going to SJ but I think I am in :heart: with these GA rules :drool:

Although. . . .

U2_2.jpg

. . . from the HP's website. Hmmm.:ohmy:

U2SJ said:
I just left a message for that Ken guy regarding the "ellipse voucher" just to see what he sais...
My concern is that now they say they will do it this way, we will get there at 8, get our wristband, leave, and then come back to find that the system was changed...so I asked him that too..... will let you all know if I hear anything from him :)

Thanks for looking into this U2SJ. Last time they distributed wristbands but everyone stayed on the premises. It would be nice to be able to leave and be guaranteed a spot when you get back!

RedLiteGreyMorn said:
Although. . . .

. . . from the HP's website. Hmmm.:ohmy:

I think what that means is that just because you have GA ticket it doesnt mean that you get to go inside the shelter... only those upgraded via the random lottery (VIPs) get to go in there...

Miroslava said:

I think what that means is that just because you have GA ticket it doesnt mean that you get to go inside the shelter... only those upgraded via the random lottery (VIPs) get to go in there...

:up:

:drool:

I just got an e-mail response from Ken Sweezey, Director of Guest Service at HP Pavilion regarding the GA procedures posted on u2tours.com. Looks like they are indeed legit, but who knows if they will change.

Brian,

I sent them to u2tours.com last night. They are current as of 4/5/05.

Thanks – Ken Sweezey
Director of Guest Service
HP Pavilion at San Jose

Back
Top Bottom