San Jose GA procedures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a voicemail from Ken a few hours ago. He made me feel so good and so excited about Saturday!!! He said they have had lines like this in the past and to discourage people hanging around the venue all day, they hand out the numbered bands at 8 and then they want everyone to return by 5 to line up properly. He said he is confident it will be run very smoothly and that he himself will make sure of it!
The funniest part when he said the ellipse vouchers are for fan club members only? So hmmmmmm dont know about that one, but from his message looks like this show will be very well organized and people can relax and not stand in line all day! :up:

Thanks U2SJ! I was going to call him today too but you beat me to it :wink:

So we're for sure there won't be 2 lines? And ellipse vouchers are for fan club members? Sounds good to me!!!!

I have faith they're on top of things. Elevation ran extremely smooth...I'm hoping it'll be that way this weekend!

:hyper:

I hope its forsure Alli!!!! I swear I havent slept over this whole thing cuz this is my only GA chance this leg and I want the best experience and to share it with my boyfriend and his friends who have never experienced it ! :hyper:
What does worry me still is the U2 tour management may make them form the 2 lines like everywhere else? My mind wont stop!

Me too...can't stop thinking about it. The good thing is we'll all be in it together...and no doubt in my mind we're going to have a BLAST!

So do you know if this is the same place where we lined up during Elevation? I was going to do a drive-by before Sat...just to check it all out. Anyone want to join me??? :D

I actually had seats for both SJ shows last tour.......after seeing the heart and the floor people goin nuts I was driven to Ebay to go to mroe shows and then experienced that amazing heart :drool: anyways, dont know where people lined up so I would love details too :)

U2SJ said:
I actually had seats for both SJ shows last tour.......after seeing the heart and the floor people goin nuts I was driven to Ebay to go to mroe shows and then experienced that amazing heart :drool: anyways, dont know where people lined up so I would love details too :)

Don't have the greatest memory of the layout of the arena cause I've only been to one other show there since Elevation. I think the line started near the box office and ran down whatever that main street is (not on the park side but whatever that street is) and curled around by the side of the parking lot (by the time I joined in). I recall some kind of overhang over this area (might have been the upper level of the parking lot). Kinda vague but hope that helps for those of you more familiar with the area!

I went to both SJ shows during the Elevation tour and the line starts along Santa Clara Street (near the grill I believe) and wraps around the west side of the building.

Let's be sure to keep each other updated as we hear new information! I'll be in the GA line for both shows.

Yah...the overhang is nice. For those curious about bathrooms, if I recall...the best place to use the restroom is across the street at the Cal Train station.

by350 said:
Yah...the overhang is nice. For those curious about bathrooms, if I recall...the best place to use the restroom is across the street at the Cal Train station.

There were also public restrooms in the park on the other side of the arena (but sounds like the caltrain station might be closer).

ramblin rose said:
Those rules are pretty intense. "No profanity"? That actually made me laugh.

Fuck that!! :D I'll be swearing like a sailor with tourettes disorder!

U2SJ said:
The funniest part when he said the ellipse vouchers are for fan club members only? So hmmmmmm dont know about that one, but from his message looks like this show will be very well organized and people can relax and not stand in line all day! :up:

To be able to show up early, get a wristband, *and* get an ellipse voucher for having a Fan ticket would be so sweeeeeeet. . . :drool: I hope it works out this way! Hopefully he is not just confused about the 2 lines and lottery procedures that have happened so far! :scratch:

Hmmmmm guys what do we think about this??? This was the original status on u2tours.com from 4/25...... it sais that even last time your wristbands were numbered? I thought last time the bands were NOT numbered and you all waited all day??? I talked to someone in GA from SD and she said that the wristbands are not numbered? Is this true? I really need to know if we are camping out for the day or just showing up and then leaving so I know what to bring with me!! errrrrr im so worried!

As you may know, we had U2 here at HP Pavilion at San Jose (then Compaq Center at San Jose) back in 2001 for two shows. We worked the General Admission line with numbered wristbands and easily controlled the situation to be fair to all guests, regardless of when they arrived. We also had dedicated line-up areas for guests with regular admission tickets. The feedback received from guests was very positive and we plan on using a similar process for the upcoming U2 concerts here on April 9th and 10th.

Sicy so what do you think about "numbered bands" were they numbered in 2001 but people just chose to stay?

I don't remember if they were numbered or not. Actually, now that i think about it, there were numbers on it (small ones - i think 5 digits). But everyone just waited in line. We didn't go by those numbers. There might've been a list going as well. Please refresh my memory anyone... :)

I think I'm going to wait in line all day. I know the line was well run last time, but ya never know. At least I'll be there all day the first day...and if it does run smoothly, I might leave and come back during Sunday's GA line.

FYI this is pretty much how it was done in L.A. Except rather than having a Staples Center official numbering us off these two guys who had spent the night in front of the Staples Center did it and people really respected the line. It was awesome. I was there since 9:00 and I was in line maybe 2 hours in total. I was in and out walking around and oh by the way...MET BONO! So it's totally worth it to go early. Have fun with it. It's a Saturday, you probably don't have to work. It was such a FUN day.

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
I think I'm going to wait in line all day. I know the line was well run last time, but ya never know. At least I'll be there all day the first day...and if it does run smoothly, I might leave and come back during Sunday's GA line.

Nooooooo!!!!! If a few people start waiting, then more people will think they need to wait, then more and more until it's to the point where now you do have to wait b/c you'll have an angry mob on your hands if you come back at 5:00 and want your spot back.

If we want this whole line thing to work right, it means that we all need to believe in the system and get our wristbands and disappear until about 4:30 or so.

EDIT

In fact, it would be best if HP would monitor this. They should say once you get your wristband, you cannot be on HP Pavilion property until 3:00 pm. If spotted, you lose your wristband and are given a new one at the end of the line. :D

Last edited:
I dont think I will wait all day. Its too tiring and I would rather enjoy the day and then go back at 430-5. Then I guess i will be happy with whatever happens!

U2SJ said:
Sicy so what do you think about "numbered bands" were they numbered in 2001 but people just chose to stay?

I only had GAs for Vegas.. and they numbered our hands. We didnt even get wristbands :huh: And it was someone from Interference that organized it.. it wasnt security or anything.

If the SJ policy *really* is that U2.com members get access to the ellipse, and the rest of the access to the ellipse is first-come, first-served, then I'm ecstatic. I'll be there first thing Sunday morning!

Honestly, though, my guess is that the well-intentioned official from the SJ Arena, who came up with the policy, hasn't been informed by U2 yet what the "standard" policy is. I bet once U2 rolls into town, they'll impose the same rules that have been used so far. If I had to bet my life on it, that'd be my guess.

I hope I'm wrong though!

Yeah I dont believe the ellipse part at all, but I do believe the line up, leave and come back theory because the head of their guest services left a me a long detailed message about how it would work. I cant wait til Saturday!! :hyper:

Oh basically just everything that I wrote on page 3...nothing new. But it just seemed that it will go as it sais on u2tours.com. Line up at 8 go back at 5 and go in at 615.

If this is the actual line up policy it'll be perfect. Especially considering the chance of rain. Show up in the morning, get a ticket, then we're free until 5! Nice!

[edit]

OffAxis said:

Nooooooo!!!!! If a few people start waiting, then more people will think they need to wait, then more and more until it's to the point where now you do have to wait b/c you'll have an angry mob on your hands if you come back at 5:00 and want your spot back.

If we want this whole line thing to work right, it means that we all need to believe in the system and get our wristbands and disappear until about 4:30 or so.

EDIT

In fact, it would be best if HP would monitor this. They should say once you get your wristband, you cannot be on HP Pavilion property until 3:00 pm. If spotted, you lose your wristband and are given a new one at the end of the line. :D

If HP forces everyone to leave then there's nothing you can do about it. I hope that is the case. However, what I'm worried about is what the U2 Tour ppl have to say during the middle of the day. Say you get there at 8am, get your wristband, go back home and come back at 4:30p...and there are 2 lines when you return. Like Lyrical Drug said, they might just toss HP's procedures out the window, and do what they've done the past 6 shows. (Split everyone into 2 lines). Now that would be chaos. It could be done, lining ppl up into 2 lines with the numbered wristbands but still would be confusing. Oh well.....I just want to see the band. I'll enjoy the day and whatever happens...happens! We'll be seeing them in less than 2 days!!!! :hyper:

guys, I had ga's last during the Elevation shows in san jose and they handed out sequentially numbered bands. They were supplied by the venue, not the tour people. They let people in by the number on the wrist band and as they let you through, they switched them out with the Elevation tour bands. Very organized and well put together, and from what I saw at other shows, very unique. Can't believe they'd do it any other way.

Back
Top Bottom