Report from the Atlanta Soundcheck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I got this article in the bunch of google news articles that I get sent to my email - this guy did the catering for the Vertigo Crew

http://www.nonconformistmag.com/archives/entertainment/u2112205.html

"As we began serving dinner to the crew, U2 took the stage for their sound check. This was really cool to me, as it was as if we were the only ones in the arena (minus all of the tech’s and crew and security). The band began with a blues song that I hadn’t heard before, and Bono was signing the lyrics. Then they played “Mofo”, a song off of their Pop album that I would have never expected to hear them play live. It was great to see the band in their practicing element, as sometimes they would stop to change or fix a part of the song and then jump right back into it. They finished their check with “City of Blinding Lights”, which would open the second nights show again. "

Interesting :hmm:

Yeah, we sooooooooo hoped they would play it that night. I had a good feeling about it, but no such luck.

:sad:

this thread should have been moved to setlists since its about possible new songs :tsk:

Chizip said:
this thread should have been moved to setlists since its about possible new songs :tsk:

It's still early :reject:

I'm sorry I don't have the vast knowledge of the sub-forums that you do:tongue: :nerd:

and I agree that they like to torture us
:kiss:

well if they do ever decide to bring it out, the people at that show will be some lucky.....mofos. :drool:

I will be happy for them yet seething with jealousy at the same time. :reject:

nurse chrissi said:

It's still early :reject:

I'm sorry I don't have the vast knowledge of the sub-forums that you do:tongue: :nerd:

and I agree that they like to torture us
:kiss:

oh im not blaming you. the last mofo rumor thread got to stay in the general discussion forum. but a mod decided to move this thread to the tour date forum, probably because they saw Atlanta in the thread title. if they were going to move it then the most appropriate forum should have been the setlist forum, not the tour date forum.

man i should be a mod.

Chizip said:

oh im not blaming you. the last mofo rumor thread got to stay in the general discussion forum. but a mod decided to move this thread to the tour date forum, probably because they saw Atlanta in the thread title. if they were going to move it then the most appropriate forum should have been the setlist forum, not the tour date forum.

man i should be a mod.

:|

neutral said:

im not criticizing, you guys do a great job :hug:

im just saying since this is a thread about the possibility of new songs it would make more sense in the setlist forum, but thats just me.

I'm really happy with what we got. Both shows were GREAT ... but Mofo would have blown the roof off of the arena. I, and the people around me, would have probably hurt each other jumping around and freaking out. Maybe they're not playing it due to saftey issues. Maybe they're saving it to liven up a really lame crowd. :wink:

But seriously, if they're still rehearsing it, there's still hope they'll bust it out sooner or later.
As for the blues number, they're always working on new material while on the road, aren't they? I think this is another sign for the doomsdayers who are so sure this is the last album despite the band's protests that it's not.

and I agree that this is in the wrong subforum :silent:

Last edited:
U2dork said:
Maybe they're not playing it due to saftey issues.
:lmao:

No, I'm happy with what we got too and just the fact that I was there both nights but yeah, it would have been freaking amazing. :drool:

they rehearsed crumbs from your table both legs one and two and never even played it until leg 3. so they are likely just getting it ready for leg 4.

StlElevation said:
they rehearsed crumbs from your table both legs one and two and never even played it until leg 3. so they are likely just getting it ready for leg 4.

Bring it on. :drool:

Chizip said:

man i should be a mod.

Thread nazi

What a rumor! Too bad I have no more shows to see this leg. Unless of course Chiz decides to send me plane & concert tickets... :eyebrow:

i reckon they're definitely flirting with this whole pop encore thing. The pop fruitmachine only appearing a few times didn't it, and they played pop musik (once i think). I think they've been close a few times but something is stopping them....

I'm just dreaming about a south american stadium and mofo...

Maybe Axver you can tell me for certain how many times Pop Musik was played, and how many times the Pop Fruit Machine appeared....

My mind is stil a little frazzled from the cricket this morning!

I'd suspect more PoP songs in South America, those shows had the best PopMart concerts in my opinion aside from Sarajevo and Leeds

chrissybaby said:
i reckon they're definitely flirting with this whole pop encore thing. The pop fruitmachine only appearing a few times didn't it, and they played pop musik (once i think). I think they've been close a few times but something is stopping them....

I'm just dreaming about a south american stadium and mofo...

Maybe Axver you can tell me for certain how many times Pop Musik was played, and how many times the Pop Fruit Machine appeared....

My mind is stil a little frazzled from the cricket this morning!

The first performance of Discotheque (Toronto, 2005-09-17) had Pop Muzik, but apparently U2 didn't like it and that's why it wasn't used at the second and currently final performance of Discotheque on 2005-09-20 in Chicago. I'm not quite sure, but I think in Chicago, they just walked on stage and busted into Discotheque without an intro. Folks who were there - is that right?

Axver said:

The first performance of Discotheque (Toronto, 2005-09-17) had Pop Muzik, but apparently U2 didn't like it and that's why it wasn't used at the second and currently final performance of Discotheque on 2005-09-20 in Chicago. I'm not quite sure, but I think in Chicago, they just walked on stage and busted into Discotheque without an intro. Folks who were there - is that right?

Correctamundo.

MoooooooooooooooooFoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom