Question About Boston Show & 14 fans Onstage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

:hmm:

My oldest daughter will be about 8 then. She'd probably get up on stage by that point.

:wink:
Its settled then. In 2009-10, you and I load up the kids and the flags of 54 nations and head to the GA lottery line.

Hewson said:
Its settled then. In 2009-10, you and I load up the kids and the flags of 54 nations and head to the GA lottery line.

yeah, and don't forget the santa suit and elvis sunglasses! :wink:

:lmao:

I'm hesitant to even post in this thread because the nastiness has begun as it always does once someone gets onstage. I was one of the "flag people." The only thing that was contrived was our bringing flags to the concert. We did split up the group between fan club and non-fan club line. We also did space out because of the randomness of the lottery. We didn't even know how many of our group got into the ellipse until we settled in, looked around and started asking, "Ok who didn't get in?" Then, we realized that everyone got it. That's when the totallity of the situation set in and we knew that either no one was going to believe us or make up their own story of how it happened. I think one out of three people were scanning in at the 12/4 show. We don't have any strings to pull, so no strings were pulled. Maybe the planets were all in alignment.

There was a husband and wife with two kids, who were putting on their ellipse wristbands before we even entered the door. It is funny that at that moment, some people in our group were thinking the same as some people posted here, "Damn I wish I had a kid with me," to guarantee our entry into the ellipse. Also, having our flags did not help us get into the ellipse. We did not take our flags out until the very beginning of One. We wanted it to be a surprise for the band. What a surprise the band gave us in return. The USA flag was taken out before hand because it was given to Bono during SBS.

Varitek, don't know you as being part of our group, but congratulations for being onstage :applaud:

Last edited:
u2forlife said:
We don't have any strings to pull, so no strings were pulled. Maybe the planets were all in alignment.

hey kimla! :wave: when i mentioned strings being pulled, it was not meant to be a criticism of the fans. Instead, it was directed towards Allison, who, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, has been known to take it upon herself to choose people to go into the ellipse even though they didn't win the lottery (like #s 1-3 in line). sorry for the confusion!

it's awesome that you guys all lucked out and ended up inside together. i know it's possible to get so lucky, as a couple of times i was with a group of 6 and all of us have gotten in (due to 2 people scanning). and at MSG, they allowed people to take in 4 ellipse buddies. even though it's surprising to hear that a group of 14 got in, it's clearly possible. congrats on being so lucky! :)

and :up: to all those who got onstage- try not to worry about what other people say, just cherish your special moment! :heart: U2 :heart:

Last edited:
Hey girl, thanks for being nice and letting me borrow your "chair" for the nite!

That family you were talking about apparently worked for Clear Channel or something. They were in the ellipse in the back along the rail. The kids were bored stiff. Also, they had two ellipse bands on. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

The first 5 in the GA line (non fan club didn't scan) but Allison let in the first 3.

I still got a good spot outside though but.......................

I would have liked to have been in the ellipse as an early bday present.

I tell you Super_FAn is a jinx. LOL!!

u2forlife said:
:lmao:

I'm hesitant to even post in this thread because the nastiness has begun as it always does once someone gets onstage. I was one of the "flag people." The only thing that was contrived was our bringing flags to the concert. We did split up the group between fan club and non-fan club line. We also did space out because of the randomness of the lottery. We didn't even know how many of our group got into the ellipse until we settled in, looked around and started asking, "Ok who didn't get in?" Then, we realized that everyone got it. That's when the totallity of the situation set in and we knew that either no one was going to believe us or make up their own story of how it happened. I think one out of three people were scanning in at the 12/4 show. We don't have any strings to pull, so no strings were pulled. Maybe the planets were all in alignment.

There was a husband and wife with two kids, who were putting on their ellipse wristbands before we even entered the door. It is funny that at that moment, some people in our group were thinking the same as some people posted here, "Damn I wish I had a kid with me," to guarantee our entry into the ellipse. Also, having our flags did not help us get into the ellipse. We did not take our flags out until the very beginning of One. We wanted it to be a surprise for the band. What a surprise the band gave us in return. The USA flag was taken out before hand because it was given to Bono during SBS.

Varitek, don't know you as being part of our group, but congratulations for being onstage :applaud:
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

well party people.

call it luck

call it fluke

we all got in...it was out of control at the door that nite...i know i personally scanned and i brought in noel..and i think the guy just kept clicking!!!!

no sketchiness ( gald to see other u2 fans happy for us...calling us sketchy)

we were not all together on the bar...(and BTW, not all of us got in the elipse) we were split up by others who got into the elipse...

as for us being rude...i don't think they were part of our group...no one on my side was rude...we were all on the rail so there was no one to trample on...so those that did the trampling were behind us.

( i want to thank the person who pushed me from behind...because i was hesitant at first and when i felt that push i went up..so thanks for that..who ever u were...lol)

when we got back no one wanted to give us our spots back...talk about nice u2 fans..

anyways...u2 security got us back to our spots...like he said ...these people have been queuing since last nite..its not their fault bono pulled them on stage...so please let them have their spots back.

anyways, it was a wild experience.

to be on stage with your friends was totally magical. all friends i met through U2.

the details of me being on stage are really blurry i just remember getting up and coming down. as i see more pics and hopefully video..thinks will come back to me...lol

i will post more as i remember!!!!

turi001 said:

when we got back no one wanted to give us our spots back...talk about nice u2 fans..

anyways...u2 security got us back to our spots...like he said ...these people have been queuing since last nite..its not their fault bono pulled them on stage...so please let them have their spots back.

Apparently no one belives in the saying, "move you meat, lose your seat." :wink:

It's also not their fault you got pulled up on stage so I think that wanting the spots back is just plain greedy.

turi001 said:

i don't think anyone was calling you, the 14 fans, sketchy. people were surprised that such a large group got in- but the sketchy comments were made in regards to Allison, who sometimes ignores her own rules and allows people in who didn't scan.

congrats on your unique onstage experience! :)

ok..sorry for the misinterpretation..allison is sketchy...lol

she lost all control sunday nite and monday nite.

and before the monday nite show she even admited it.

randhail said:

Apparently no one belives in the saying, "move you meat, lose your seat." :wink:

It's also not their fault you got pulled up on stage so I think that wanting the spots back is just plain greedy.

LOL

I guess anyone who gets to go onstage should spend the rest of the show at the back of the arena then??

Whateva...

Re: ga lottery

Imarocker said:
:rant:
the GA "lottery" is a JOKE, last nite I get there at 7:10 & they aren't even SCANNING anymore. I thought this was supposed to go on until at least 8 to give EVERY fan a chance for the ellipse. Some of us do have lives and can't afford to waste a day waiting around in line.
A good show none the less, even had a couple of girls slugging it out in front of me, one of them got a good right cross in. :)

yeah, that was ridiculous, i got there on 12/4 and they werent even scanning. a load of crap.

luckily i got into the ellipse 12/5 to make up for it. still, it was bull.

and i legitimately got scanned in :wink:

turi001 said:
well party people.

call it luck

call it fluke

we all got in...it was out of control at the door that nite...i know i personally scanned and i brought in noel..and i think the guy just kept clicking!!!!

we were not all together on the bar...(and BTW, not all of us got in the elipse) we were split up by others who got into the elipse...

as for us being rude...i don't think they were part of our group...no one on my side was rude...we were all on the rail so there was no one to trample on...so those that did the trampling were behind us.

( i want to thank the person who pushed me from behind...because i was hesitant at first and when i felt that push i went up..so thanks for that..who ever u were...lol)

anyways, it was a wild experience.

to be on stage with your friends was totally magical. all friends i met through U2.

the details of me being on stage are really blurry i just remember getting up and coming down. as i see more pics and hopefully video..thinks will come back to me...lol

i will post more as i remember!!!!

Sam, I think its really sad that you guys have to defend yourselves over this.

I'm just sorry I didn't get a ticket for that night and missed seeing my friends up there...I probably would have cried my eyes out! :)

*Ally* said:
hey kimla! :wave: when i mentioned strings being pulled, it was not meant to be a criticism of the fans. Instead, it was directed towards Allison, who, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, has been known to take it upon herself to choose people to go into the ellipse even though they didn't win the lottery (like #s 1-3 in line). sorry for the confusion!
Hey *Ally* :wave: Our group have been dealing with rumors and bad sentiment since this happened. The confusion was on my part as well. Sorry about that. I hadn't even left the venue yet from the first show when two girls came up to me telling me they heard that we had an arrangement with Allison to let us all into the ellipse to be on the front rail. :rolleyes: If they only knew how anxiety filled we were walking up to those dreaded laptops! :yikes:

I think on 12/4 they let a lot of people into the ellipse. It was packed to the rafters. That could help explain why they stopped scanning so early in the evening.

And Randhail, are you kiddng me or what? I have no words for you. There were definitley people trying to block my entrance back to my spot on the rail. How incredibly rude is that? There were two girls in particular who just would not move. They had "Pick me" signs ready for Bono when MW and WOWY came on. Fortunately, Bono picked a very nice girl instead of them. Then, security told them to, "Beat it."

Last edited:
*Ally* said:

it's awesome that you guys all lucked out and ended up inside together. i know it's possible to get so lucky, as a couple of times i was with a group of 6 and all of us have gotten in (due to 2 people scanning). and at MSG, they allowed people to take in 4 ellipse buddies. even though it's surprising to hear that a group of 14 got in, it's clearly possible. congrats on being so lucky! :)

and :up: to all those who got onstage- try not to worry about what other people say, just cherish your special moment! :heart: U2 :heart:

Thanks for saying this!!

I mentioned Allison letting those in ellipse who didn't win. I mean at least one of those she let in was a rookie. But it seemed that Allison appeared to be surprised that they didn't scan.

Oh well.

However, I never thought the Flag group was arranged.

Although I was surprised that all of them got in, I knew they had split themselves up and could get in. I was happy for them. They are a fun group.

Kimla let me borrow her chair/bed. Mishka (sp?) was nice. I mean I sat in front of one of their tents. I saw a poinsetta get stolen from them.

I have a pic of them outside. They were so happy and excited!!

u2forlife said:
And Randhail, are you kiddng me or what? I have no words for you. There were definitley people trying to block my entrance back to my spot on the rail. How incredibly rude is that? There were two girls in particular who just would not move. They had "Pick me" signs ready for Bono when MW and WOWY came on. Fortunately, Bono picked a very nice girl instead of them. Then, security told them to, "Beat it."

I guess you do have words for me :wink:

You're trying to have your cake and eat it too. It's general admission, you're name is not written on your rail spot and if you move for whatever reason, you are not entitled to get that same spot back. I guess I personally don't consider it rude that the girls wouldn't move but that's just me.

well dude ur just rude..

i have been to many shows were people have gotten on stage and everyone moves to let them back in when they are done...its just common courtesy...

turi001 said:
well dude ur just rude..

i have been to many shows were people have gotten on stage and everyone moves to let them back in when they are done...its just common courtesy...

Thanks for calling me rude, I really appreciate that one. Merry Christmas to you too!

If it's one person that's fine, but when it's a friggin convoy of people that's when I draw the line.

I think common courtesy disappears once you get on the floor.
I did GA for the first time on 12/4 and I don't think I care to do it again.

turi001 said:
ur welcome

your u2 spirit is rubbing off on me!!!

u r a shining example of a great u2 fan.

and I guess that makes you a shining example of a U2 fan that wants everything your way and will cry about it until it happens.

kristie

sorry u had a bad experience on the floor...i have done it many times this year and well for the most part it was awesome.

its just that some people don't know how to behave or treat other people...its pretty sad.

hopefully u enjoy your next u2 show.

skjuls said:
However, I never thought the Flag group was arranged.
Kimla let me borrow her chair/bed. Mishka (sp?) was nice. I mean I sat in front of one of their tents. I saw a poinsetta get stolen from them. I have a pic of them outside. They were so happy and excited!!
Hey skjuls :wave: Sorry I didn't recognize the screename, but I remember you well. I hope you didn't freeze too much out there. Boston was unbearably cold.

Pictures? Did you say pictures? :hyper: If you would be so kind to post, I would love to see :hyper:

dude..me cry never..why would i cry...

i have had the best year ever...

your ignorant comments are too funny.

i think i am done with you.

Back
Top Bottom